Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Going For Divorce. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Going For Divorce. (2401 Views)

Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello my nairaland barristers in the house.
I need advice on how to get divorced from the man for whom i have two children and from who i have seperated for 3 years running. How easy and quick can one get it done, and the cost ?

Thanks for your anticipated useful input.
Re: Going For Divorce. by yuping(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
PenSniper:
I need advice on how to get divorced from the man for whom i have two children and from who i have seperated for 3 years running. How easy and quick can one get it done, and the cost ?

na here I dey, I want know the price.
Re: Going For Divorce. by naija4life247: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
It's sad.
Very sad.

May God lead you.
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
yuping:
na here I dey, I want know the price.

Are we in the same train then ?
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
naija4life247:
It's sad.
Very sad.

May God lead you.

Amen. Thanks for concerns.
Re: Going For Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On Feb 08, 2022
PenSniper:

You're already good for divorce, because it's now over 2 years of living apart........

You would now need to get a divorce lawyer, work out shared custody of the children and expenses + any joint assets ........

Should cost about ₦300,000....... Remember, you would also need your family, return the bride price .........
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 2:11am On Feb 08, 2022
[/quote][quote author=Lexusgs430 post=110049642]

You're already good for divorce, because it's now over 2 years of living apart........

You would now need to get a divorce lawyer, work out shared custody of the children and expenses + any joint assets ........

Should cost about ₦300,000....... Remember, you would also need your family, return the bride price .........

Thanks a million.
Due to the fatal exigencies that led to the separation, the entire family, both parternal and maternal, were in support of the separation so getting them to return the dowery won't be an issue.
We really have no joint property and i was made to understand that if thr woman iniates the divorce proceedings, she automatically loses any claims to property. Is that true ? And what about the children ? The children are about 15 and 12 years old and none of them wants to live with their father unless i force them.
I am told that he is reluctant to initiate a divorce because, in that case, he would have to share his property with me. He actually sent a lawyer to tell me to initiate a divorce proceeding immediately after the seperation. Armed with the forgoing information, what do you advise ? I must add that he does not contribute to the educational needs of the children. Even while we were together, he had been found wanting in that sector. He now insists he would only pay their fees if they lived with him.
Thanks.
Re: Going For Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 2:53am On Feb 08, 2022
PenSniper:

Thanks a million.
Due to the fatal exigencies that led to the separation, the entire family, both parternal and maternal, were in support of the separation so getting them to return the dowery won't be an issue.
We really have no joint property and i was made to understand that if thr woman iniates the divorce proceedings, she automatically loses any claims to property. Is that true ? And what about the children ? The children are about 15 and 12 years old and none of them wants to live with their father unless i force them.
I am told that he is reluctant to initiate a divorce because, in that case, he would have to share his property with me. He actually sent a lawyer to tell me to initiate a divorce proceeding immediately after the seperation. Armed with the forgoing information, what do you advise ? I must add that he does not contribute to the educational needs of the children. Even while we were together, he had been found wanting in that sector. He now insists he would only pay their fees if they lived with him.
Thanks.

You already stated no property bw you, so nothing to share .........

It does not matter who initiates the divorce, the welfare of the children, is a joint responsibility (it would be sorted out between welfare, your lawyers and OPD)........

If any documents were forged, your lawyer would have the logistics to find that out .......
Re: Going For Divorce. by signature2012(m): 3:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

300k for Divorce.Na so e expensive reach?
Make people they deep reason wella before they get married o…
Re: Going For Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 4:12am On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

That's even assuming no complications, it could be higher sef ........

Before person pay dowry, ask about cost of divorce..... If divorce expensive pass dowry, babymama's is the solution......... grin

4 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by signature2012(m): 5:46am On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Before person pay dowry, ask about cost of divorce..... If divorce expensive pass dowry, babymama's is the solution......... grin

I detest baby “mamarism”.

1 Like

Re: Going For Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 5:50am On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

I detest baby “mamarism”.

You might detest it, but it's the new normal ......... cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by signature2012(m): 6:20am On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You might detest it, but it's the new normal ......... cheesy grin

It has never been normal and it will never be.

7 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 6:40am On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

It has never been normal and it will never be.

Ok o ........ When den dey get belle, blow must comot am........
cheesy
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 7:08am On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You already stated no property bw you, so nothing to share .........

It does not matter who initiates the divorce, the welfare of the children, is a joint responsibility (it would be sorted out between welfare, your lawyers and OPD)........

If any documents were forged, your lawyer would have the logistics to find that out .......

Thanks. I sincerely appreciate you.
Re: Going For Divorce. by MufasaLion: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
Divorce is better than "suffering and smiling," that most people mistook as "endurance."

3 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by Klass99(f): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Going For Divorce. by MufasaLion: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
Klass99:

Who asked you? grin

@ Pensniper, contact this nairalander user - Litigator.

He is a lawyer who can answer your questions well.

His contact info (email & phone) is listed on his NL profile

Lol

My suggestion ain't a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
MufasaLion:

Lol

My suggestion ain't a bad idea.

Thanks buddy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going For Divorce. by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Which Nonsense babe mama.just avoid women qed
Re: Going For Divorce. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
PenSniper:

Thanks a million.
Thanks.

Good morning penSniper,

How are you doing today and how many pen shots have you taken?

The question here is; when were these properties acquired?

Was it acquired during the pendency or subsistence of the marriage?

If yes, then you have a legal right you can exercise as the wife of the marriage. This is because technically, you guys are still married in the eye of the law and you are still his legal wife. You are only estranged but technically married. To wit; you and your hubby decided to press the marriage pause button but now want to dissolve the marriage going forward due to irreconcilable differences.

The fact that you have decided to take the bull by the horn as the petitioner (the person initiating the divorce) does not ipso facto deny you any legal right that has been bestowed upon you statutorily. Your lawyer should be able to ensure you get your fair share if he knows what to do. Except there are exceptional circumstances pulverising your legal rights in respect thereof.

I must add that he does not contribute to the educational needs of the children. Even while we were together, he had been found wanting in that sector. He now insists he would only pay their fees if they lived with him.

He does not have the powers to suo moto decide this. Your lawyer will be able to pray the court for certain ancillary Orders mandating him to take responsibility for the upkeep of the children of the marriage and this includes; education, health, clothing, food, general maintenance and a roof over their head.

This means he will be partly responsible for your house rent. If I may ask, was your marriage contracted under the Marriage Act? If yes, who is in possession of the marriage certificate?

Should you have further questions, I will advise we reach discuss in private as I will not advise you to put private facts in public space. My WhatsApp number is on my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by Cityqueengirl(f): 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
signature2012:

Marriage Union is even more expensive

1 Like

Re: Going For Divorce. by franchasng: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
I am also a divorce lawyer, I defend beautiful ladies below 30 only, you can reach out, thanks wink
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
litigator:

Good morning penSniper,

How are you doing today and how many pen shots have you taken?

The question here is; when were these properties acquired?

Was it acquired during the pendency or subsistence of the marriage?

If yes, then you have a legal right you can exercise as the wife of the marriage. This is because technically, you guys are still married in the eye of the law and you are still his legal wife. You are only estranged but technically married. To wit; you and your hubby decided to press the marriage pause button but now want to dissolve the marriage going forward due to irreconcilable differences.

The fact that you have decided to take the bull by the horn as the petitioner (the person initiating the divorce) does not ipso facto deny you any legal right that has been bestowed upon you statutorily. Your lawyer should be able to ensure you get your fair share if he knows what to do. Except there are exceptional circumstances pulverising your legal rights in respect thereof.

I must add that he does not contribute to the educational needs of the children. Even while we were together, he had been found wanting in that sector. He now insists he would only pay their fees if they lived with him.

He does not have the powers to suo moto decide this. Your lawyer will be able to pray the court for certain ancillary Orders mandating him to take responsibility for the upkeep of the children of the marriage and this includes; education, health, clothing, food, general maintenance and a roof over their head.

This means he will be partly responsible for your house rent. If I may ask, was

T
your marriage contracted under the Marriage Act? If yes, who is in possession of the marriage certificate?

Should you have further questions, I will advise we reach discuss in private as I will not advise you to put private facts in public space. My WhatsApp number is on my signature.

Thanks.
Re: Going For Divorce. by Beremx(f): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/5727592/no-erection-problem

PenSniper, errm sorry to ask. Did you create this topic for a friend? Because I am not understanding. The above thread leaves me confused since it was created by you
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2022
Beremx:

PenSniper, errm sorry to ask. Did you create this topic for a friend? Because I am not understanding. The above thread leaves me confused since it was created by you

Yes, you're right. Very smart of you. Doing it for someone who has no access to a forum like this, atleast for now and the issue in discuss is assuming urgent consideration.
Thanks.
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2022
Beremx:

Would you have any useful input for me ?
Re: Going For Divorce. by Baba40(f): 4:11am On Feb 12, 2022
Why are you going for divorce after separating for 3years and a blessing of 2 children?
Why not kuku enjoy your lives apart abi you have seen another man that wants to marry you with 2 grown up children.

I'm just beginning my own journey of separation but would settle with another woman soon because thank God my estranged wife has no kids. ( she left herself though not that I sent her packing)

1 Like

Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 4:06am On Aug 28, 2022
Baba40:
Why are you going for divorce after separating for 3years and a blessing of 2 children?
Why not kuku enjoy your lives apart abi you have seen another man that wants to marry you with 2 grown up children.

I'm just beginning my own journey of separation but would settle with another woman soon because thank God my estranged wife has no kids. ( she left herself though not that I sent her packing)

But you're female

2 Likes

Re: Going For Divorce. by kernniejay(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
PenSniper:

But you're female
Lol, the guy forgot that he is a female.
So how far with the divorce process? Honestly I dont like when couples who were once in love with eachother and have fought many battles against their homes together, to now start thinking of divorce except there are cases of violence and life-threatening differences. I wish the two of you could swallow the pride by coming together and tackling the problem headlong. It is well sha.
Re: Going For Divorce. by PenSniper: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
kernniejay:

Lol, the guy forgot that he is a female.
So how far with the divorce process? Honestly I dont like when couples who were once in love with eachother and have fought many battles against their homes together, to now start thinking of divorce except there are cases of violence and life-threatening differences. I wish the two of you could swallow the pride by coming together and tackling the problem headlong. It is well sha.

You got it. This was a life-threatening situation. So there is no going back. Escape for dear life by the whiskers !!!
Re: Going For Divorce. by kernniejay(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
PenSniper:

You got it. This was a life-threatening situation. So there is no going back. Escape for dear life by the whiskers !!!
Oh, that is serious! In that case, I support that you move without hesitation though I wish to know the details.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancee's Parent Says "No" / Picture : See What This Woman Tatooed On Her Belle / Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.