Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal (16903 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / FG Lifts Suspension On Fuel Supply To Border Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by InvertedHammer: 12:40am On Feb 08, 2022
/
Resilience of Nigerian banks? Hmmm.

They are just milking their depositors through spurious charges.

/
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by jaxxy(m): 12:43am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
They should remove the fuel subsidy
Improve power supply.
Improve accessibility to clean energy [Solar]
Those of you kicking against the removal of fuel subsidy should know that Nigeria economy is solely dependent on oil revenue.
And PMS is used more than AGO, DPK and LNG combined.
Worst case scenario is that most of the subsidized products are diverted to other West African countries where they still market the product without subsidy.
Before federal government will realize more capital for infrastructure development in railways, education, health, agriculture etc.
Subsidy must be removed.
Don't expect state governments to pay salaries smoothly, employ people, increase workers salary and carry out infrastructural development without increase in Federal allocation.

Remove the Fuel subsidy Now!
It's high time we make a crucial decision for our future and damn the temporal consequences.

This would have made perfect sense if we were a country with accountability and transparency bt we are not.

This would have also made sense if we are or have prudent, non corrupt and well and over average performing government with sound knowledge of the economy bt we are not.

We were fantastically corrupt and still fantastically corrupt. Removal of subsidy will aid more corrupt, mismanagement and incompetence which will lead to more suffering.

Billions they claim have been used to remove people from poverty bt it’s ineffective cos the economy is terrible. Inflation is highest and will only go for worst if subsidy is dare removed.

If the government had done their work and fixed the economy then it would have been easy or explainable to remove subsidy not with what we have now.

Subsidy removal will destroy lives of many Nigerians because the suffering will be like that of former Somalia.

3 Likes

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 08, 2022
"Insists" Just imagine! undecided
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by BigBashiru: 12:51am On Feb 08, 2022
GenBuhari:
"Insists" Just imagine! undecided

I wonder oh... if IMF which is an anglo-colonial institution insists, that means the move must be bad for nigeria because they dont mean well.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Chiemena4omo2: 12:54am On Feb 08, 2022
If we are sincere, removal of subsidy or not,the economy will grow.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by musicwriter(m): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2022
I don't know what's subsidy. Fuel subsidy is a scam........ Buhari

Stop scamming Nigerians!!
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Brushstrokes20: 12:59am On Feb 08, 2022
Ogun kill imf and cohorts! undecided pathetic bunch of self serving, useless baaaastarrrds!
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Smartresponse(m): 1:02am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Improve power supply.
Those of you kicking against the removal of fuel subsidy should know that Nigeria economy is solely dependent on oil revenue.
Worst case scenario is that most of the subsidized products are diverted to other West African countries where they still market the product without subsidy.
Before federal government will realize more capital for infrastructure development in railways, education, health, agriculture etc.
Subsidy must be removed.
Don't expect state governments to pay salaries smoothly, employ people, increase workers salary and carry out infrastructural development without increase in Federal allocation.

It's high time we make a crucial decision for our future and damn the temporal consequences.

I'm telling you. Though it's definitely going to be a hard one fuel prices will jump by at least 200% and lead to a spiral.

Nigerians cry for change but never want to be part of it
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by King44(m): 1:04am On Feb 08, 2022
I think IMF has something to gain from this shiiiit.

Anybody wey remove am an thunder go fire the person.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by nedekid: 1:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Lolz,
Nigeria has reached the stage imf "insists" and makes demands on our economy!.
I thought I saw that in my earlier years and that was in the past.
Now imf is back again in buhari's time.
Seriously, when did you hear of imf and Nigeria last?
Folks on this forum, all the bmc collecting 30k. They know themselves. Well, we are all in this together. The righteous will survive.

2 Likes

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by htdot: 1:12am On Feb 08, 2022
them dey madt... IMF of ogbomoso.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ochys87: 1:14am On Feb 08, 2022
Maxxim:
Imagine, removal of subsidy makes the price of the fuel higher, additional Vat also inflate the price of goods and services, Naija which way Imf just be like Lapo, Naija don enter trouble, una never see anything.
Imagine say na Chinese financial institution come out to say dis trash, Nigerians for done dey condemn China but since its American IMF (an organization that doesn't care about d welfare of d ordinary Nigerians) Nigerians can't condemn them...I say we join hands together and condemn any foreign financial institutions that seeks to watch us suffer

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by atarapa259: 1:14am On Feb 08, 2022
my gf is a Ghanaian and I am very happy we met on the Up Ghana. com. forum
Buffalo290: If you know any Ghanaian, show them this forum

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by atarapa259: 1:14am On Feb 08, 2022
I finally found a place where I can meet and date beautiful Ghana girls
flyca83: I hardly help people broadcast but I think the forum is great

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Newboss(m): 1:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Chinese people give you money because they want to make money.

US give you money because they want to control your affairs.

Western slavery reloaded

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ochys87: 1:20am On Feb 08, 2022
austinvsb:
Idiots that dont appreciate china and the largesse with their loans will soon learn that china has been Africa's best friend in a LONG time. As long as china sees that you are able to pay back, they lend you money. None of this exploitative IMF economic adjustment bullshit that results in serious hardship for citizens.

I swear, IMF and World Bank are financial tools used by imperialist United States to spread poverty around the world, these financial institutions aren't even concerned about the homelessness crisis in d United States. They should b concerned with solving problems in their country

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ochys87: 1:20am On Feb 08, 2022
austinvsb:
Idiots that dont appreciate china and the largesse with their loans will soon learn that china has been Africa's best friend in a LONG time. As long as china sees that you are able to pay back, they lend you money. None of this exploitative IMF economic adjustment bullshit that results in serious hardship for citizens.

I swear, IMF and World Bank are financial tools used by imperialist United States to spread poverty around the world, these financial institutions aren't even concerned about the homelessness crisis in d United States. They should b concerned with solving problems in their country and leave other countries to sort themselves

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by busomma: 1:22am On Feb 08, 2022
Without fuel subsidy removal Nigeria will never known any meaningful infrastructural development neither will the economy grow. Meanwhile, a few greedy Nigerians are smiling to the bank everyday.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by sparkyJ: 1:28am On Feb 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Foreign or local?
Na #2300 for local here? The pyramid has crashed the price.

Them don cheat una be that oo. For my side here na 1600 we dey buy 50kg. grin grin grin
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by mema900: 1:44am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Improve power supply.
Subsidy must be removed.

The problem is not removing the subsidy…the issue is that with the kind of politicians we have, when the subsidy is removed, the mass will start suffering and the politicians will loot the subsidy…nothing will improve.

So, theoretically, removing it is fine. But practically it means more suffering for we masses because the miney wont be used for anything

2 Likes

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 08, 2022
Of course it would be detrimental.
The thing is to insist mean they feel they have the right to over-ride our own free will. We are here believing we run our country and be celebrating Independence day every year.
BigBashiru:

I wonder oh... if IMF which is an anglo-colonial institution insists, that means the move must be bad for nigeria because they dont mean well.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by bayogbite(m): 1:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Is IMF would tell us what to do,so we don't know what is right for us or what?
All solutions they have provided, have they ever solved our problems? of course no!
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Trendingbiz042: 2:00am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Improve power supply.
Subsidy must be removed.

You’re very dumb! Smart thinker my foot.
You think fuel subsidy is the cause of Nigeria underdevelopment, no poor management with the little available is the greatest problem. Our greatest problem is CORRUPTION.

Why do you think oil is the only sources of revenue? Why not FG mechanize the agriculture, revive cottage industries, provide SMEs with funds and improve the local expenditure of resources through quality monitoring.

Ir you think its due to subsidy they couldn’t do that mr dumb?

Now let’s talk about the economic implications of removing fuel subsidies. You think it only have to do with sufferings of Nigerians abi mr dumb? No it has to do with the economy of Nigeria as well. Already there is high cost of living in the country and many falling below average living. The naira rate is on free fall and any attempt to pressure the economy will lead to abject poverty, high inflation and economic crisis.
Or wait, you really think govnt care about anyone here? And if removing the subsidy is feasible they wouldn’t have done it. They are concerned of the economic crisis it will create & not the sufferings of Nigerians. It will be an end to any govnt in power.

3 Likes

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by NessFortunate: 2:09am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Improve power supply.
Subsidy must be removed.

officially you love NIGERIA PASS SOME OF US.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by oluwaahmed: 2:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Remove fuel subsidy, increase VAT, float the naira... na wa oo, Nigeria is the Hell we always hear about. What is stopping the completion of the dangote refinery and several other modular refineries already granted licences? You cannot remove fuel subsidy when there's no refinery to refine your crude. People would really suffer. However all these things would be done after 2023 election.

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:17am On Feb 08, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Improve power supply.
Subsidy must be removed.

tell me every reason I will not conclude you are an Educated bandits, these are the points they use in decieiving people all along, removing subsidy without fixing internal refinenaries is still a scam, that's how you people tell us to give buhari More Time to parform claiming it's too early to criticize him in first two years of his government, now it's 7years of total failure. Motivational speaker we Don ear you

1 Like

Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by CXLVII: 2:17am On Feb 08, 2022
In as much as it’s good gesture, tougher times are ahead after removal

The current hardship will multiply, but it will all be for few years.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by bluefilm: 2:19am On Feb 08, 2022
IMF is evil.

IMF will always be evil.
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:22am On Feb 08, 2022
Ayoefa:
[s][/s]

Pls say no to Mkpuru Mirri and cannibalism. The sad effects are all over NL.
because your con head hate to ear truth
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Germi9: 2:28am On Feb 08, 2022
LibertyRep:

Foreign or local?
Na #2300 for local here? The pyramid has crashed the price.
I dey buy from dangote direct for #1850
Re: IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal by OldNairalander(m): 2:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Germi9:

I dey buy from dangote direct for #1850

Go check again, they now sell at #1799

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teni, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Amina Mohammed, Mo Abudu Others Bag National Awards / I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose / Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.