Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja (11944 Views)

NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) / Sit-At-Home: Panic Buying In IMO State Over IPOB's Order / Panic Buying In Kano Ahead Of 7-Day Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by anonimi: 10:25am On Feb 08, 2022
alphaNomega:

We are not up to 200 million

What

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by alphaNomega: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2022
anonimi:

What
Who counted?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by McOluOmo: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2022
[s]
Winters23:

Just admit you're too broke to feed a woman and have true peace
[/s] Feed who? Abi her father?

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by mitchyy(f): 10:51am On Feb 08, 2022
Why are they not addressing the real cause of this so-called scarcity? NNPC supplied bad fuel to petrol stations. It damaged a lot their customers cars and some fuel stations had to shut down due to the complaints. My brother got fuel from the island and his Venza car started acting up barely 5mins after. Now his engine is about to go bad. The mechanics checked and confirmed its bad fuel. Check Twitter and see video of complaints

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by InvertedHammer: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

1.Yes i do

2.Subsides is why the refineries are bad in the first place. We cut costs on things like maintaining the refineries to keep subsidy costs low, which is why they broke down in the first place.

3.Because of subsides, people don't want to invest in refineries unless you are Dangote who has the collateral to pay back loans taken for refinery purposes. Who wants to refine fuel above 200 naira and sell it at N40 as Buhari wants it, and then the subsidy pad does not cover the losses?

4.Anyway NNPC is repairing two refinereis.

5.If we want to refine fuel at home, then it has to be refined at a profit so that things like repairs, maintenance, staff salaries, staff welfare and upgrades can be paid for out of the profits made.

If we want to pay a subsidy, then we must tax each and every taxable adult in this country to afford it.

Niger has a working refinery. They sell fuel at N350 per liter. They don't have a subsidy. Thier refinery in the eleven years since it has existed has not broken down, and actively exports fuel to other countries because it is run profitably. We did not do that in Nigeria and we lost our 4 refinereis as a result. Venezuela has been selling fuel for less than the equivalent of N40, and their refining costs are much higher than us. And as a result their large 900000 barrel refinery can only refine 100000 barrels.

Yes, prices will be high. But that is the sad thing about business. Things cost money. You won't sell at a loss to help the poor, so why should we force it on the fuel indusitry? Especially since such a policy led to us having bad refinereis and refining abroad in the first place?
/

You need to be quarantined.

/
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 08, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

You need to be quarantined.

/

I expected better from you. I thought we were having a discussion not an abuse match.

Good morning.I won't trouble you no more. I am extremely disappointed in your response. I have enjoyed reading your comments, and I thought you were much better than this.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by omohayek: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:
When subsidy goes, all this would end

You cannot make refining fuel unprofitable at home and expect not to import
I couldn't have said it any more clearly myself. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Nigerians are too dimwitted to understand such a basic fact, so expect them to pour insults on your head when they bother to spare time from propagating ridiculous conspiracy theories about the IMF, the "white man" and any number of other scapegoats for their own self-induced suffering. Most Nigerians seem incapable of understanding that 2 + 2 can never make 5 no matter how badly they wish it to.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by Iceberg3: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
This life ain't not balanced at all....I've got a lotta fuel onboard my ship right now to throw away.
The last jetty we went, during blowing of lives,I had to blow from my starboard side cos there was to much fuel left on the lines and had to stop cos the boys to receive the hose were begging to leave some in the long hose....awuff for them grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by omohayek: 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

I expected better from you. I thought we were having a discussion not an abuse match.

Good morning.I won't trouble you no more. I am extremely disappointed in your response. I have enjoyed reading your comments, and I thought you were much better than this.
Sad to say, I made my comment right before I saw that particular exchange you had with that commenter. I'd like to say it was evidence of my prophetic powers, but unfortunately all it shows is that most Nigerians are predictable in their incapacity to handle differences of opinion without descending into insults and conspiracy-mongering, especially when they know facts and logic are not on their side.

I commend you for finding the energy to keep trying to explain basic economic realities on here, as I've long found the fruits of doing so too meager to justify the investment of time and effort - perhaps 1 in 100 Nigerians seem willing to listen seriously to arguments that challenge their poorly informed preconceptions, and even fewer are willing to do any work on their own to correct their ignorance. It doesn't help matters that moderation on this forum is so rudimentary and scanty that the vilest and most bigoted feel free to run wild, basking in the knowledge that their most insulting ravings will be showered with "likes" by their fellow tribal-warriors and conspiracy-nuts. Nairaland is an all too accurate reflection of the low intellectual level of Nigerians as a whole, and the incompetent, tribalistic, corruption-riddled governments that naturally arise from such a populace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buying In Lagos, Abuja by Cloven22: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Very soon they will start selling black market fuel sad sad. If your car sha has issues from bad fuel, contact Flickwheel for trusted and reliable mechanics. They can also offer a loan if you are broke at that moment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Differences Between The North And South Of Nigeria / Roads That Lead To Jail In Lagos / Speakership: LP Chides Rep-elect, Aguocha Who Is Backing APC Zoning Arrangement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.