Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,359 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) (26495 Views)

Over N1 Trillion Saved Since Subsidy Removal, Says Tinubu / Tinubu Has Solution For Impact Of Subsidy Removal, Says Oshiomhole (Video) / NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Naijalarry: 5:05am On May 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXrG1RCNCs

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has welcomed the pronouncement of President Bola Tinubu on the removal of fuel subsidy.

The President, in his inaugural address on Monday, had declared an end to the era of subsidy payment, saying the 2023 budget made no provision for fuel subsidy, so further payment was no longer justifiable.

Responding in an emergency press conference at the NNPC Towers, Abuja, NNPCL told Nigerians that the move was in the best interest of the company.

According to the GCEO of the company, Mele Kyari, the company has been spending a substantial amount of its profits in the subsidy of the product.

Kyari however said there was no need for panic buying as fuel queues had been noticed in some areas of the FCT.

He noted that the company had enough product to supply the country for the next 30 days, adding that it was monitoring its supply and distribution networks around the country.

In Motion

Under the former President Muhammadu Buhari, the Federal Government announced in January that it would stop the payment of fuel subsidy by the end of June.

The then Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, disclosed that in the 2023 fiscal period, the government had made provisions of N3.36 trillion for fuel subsidy payment to cover the first six months of this year.

This, she stated, was in line with the 18-month extension announced in early 2022.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/30/nnpcl-hails-subsidy-removal-says-no-need-for-panic-buying/

17 Likes

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by limeta(f): 5:33am On May 30, 2023
According to the GCEO of the company, Mele Kyari

If thieftinubu want to do well names like this should not even be mentioned close to power

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by fuckJones(f): 6:14am On May 30, 2023
you once pray that obi should win this election..... that should have thought you that God doesn't answer your prayers.

change your ways

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by alanto: 7:08am On May 30, 2023
Nigeria is now back to her good old days.... Thank God for giving us President Tinubu.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:11am On May 30, 2023

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by GeneralPula: 7:12am On May 30, 2023
I’m afraid the kind of change Nigerians are wanting may not come if Nigerians are not ready to change their greedy character..

Fuel marketers are just too greedy. There’s no fuel scarcity. The fuel they all have now was subsidized for them! But because they quickly want to make x5 profit, they started hoarding fuel!

Somethings are not just government..

225 Likes 22 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by JujuYouth: 7:13am On May 30, 2023
Government from the pit of hell..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Nobody: 7:22am On May 30, 2023
GeneralPula:
I’m afraid the kind of change Nigerians are wanting may not come if Nigerians are not ready to change their greedy character..

Fuel marketers are just too greedy. There’s no fuel scarcity. The fuel they all have now was subsidized for them! But because they quickly want to make x5 profit, they started hoarding fuel!

Somethings are not just government..
Does it mean the government can't go after them? Why are we so wicked in Nigeria?
Nigerians are some of the most wicked folks I have ever come across.
Tomorrow we will blame the government but we are our own problem.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by TreasureJunky: 7:25am On May 30, 2023
Gathering of scavengers and evil people. They go together. They love to impose miserly on other people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by GeneralPula: 7:40am On May 30, 2023
NaijaReCrminals:
Does it mean the government can't go after them? Why are we so wicked in Nigeria?
I’m hoping state Governors would take actions! The fuel marketers are not beyond the law. They should stop feeling like a mini-god!

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Hadone(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2023
Which NNPC again, you mean the one sold by Buhari?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:51am On May 30, 2023
How much is litre now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:51am On May 30, 2023
Good start for a better Nigeria 🇳🇬

God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 Nigeria 🇳🇬

paymentvoucher:
MY PRESIDENT!!!
May your reign favour me and my entire family, Amen.
Raskimonojendor:

Amen.
And me and my family too. Amen.
AMEN,
And each and everyone of us @.
horgarzer:
May I be successful with my family and friends ijn. May Tinubu reign bring prosperity to me ijn
Ingocof:
Gbogbo wa lo ma ri BATISHE.
AMEN.

It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable members like you on this platform gentlemen.
Shame on all children of hate, frustrations and perdition, the enemies of the nation, (no matter where the swines are from in any part of Nigeria.)
Whatsoever they wish for our darling nation will happen to them 💯.

Keep up the positivity guys.
God bless you all.

lakesidepapa:

By God grace.. May President Bola Ahmed Tinubu reign favor me and my family iJn..
AMEN IN JESUS NAME.
So shall it be for you and your household in Jesus name.
Insha Allah 🙏

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Omoawoke: 7:51am On May 30, 2023
3.36 trillion just for first half

Haaa

The country has been wasting too much on subsidy

And it was not panic buying, it was filling stations that locked their gates and began hoarding fuel.

Why is government not dealing with this fuel stations? If na bank, CBN will be flexing muscles.
The government should deal with this idiots making life unbearable for their fellow citizens because they want to exploit and make 1000% profit margins

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by GetSenseNow: 7:52am On May 30, 2023
Welcome to the shithole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by kelvindj98: 7:52am On May 30, 2023
Me when Govt wants to remove fuel subsidy and I have not bought fuel in over 2 years:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On May 30, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
This is to inform everyone that henceforth I've renounced my membership of obidient gang as I want to join the progressive Nigerians to forge Nigeria ahead. There's no need for erhnic fighting . Either we like it or not Tinibu's portrait will adorn our walls and there's nothing we can do about it. We can only pray for him to succeed because his success will positively affect everyone. Let's stop wishing and waiting for his failure. If God say Obi will rule, it will surely come to pass. I am no longer also relying on all these pastors prophesying, they have misled many of us and created unnecessary hatred with all their fake prophesies.
God bless you.
God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
Nigeria will work.
Nigeria will be Great again in our lifetime.

We wish they can be like you.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by wunmi590(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2023

The downfall of Nigerian are the same Nigerians, just because the president reaffirmed that the subsidy would no more exist as it has been established by the previous government starting from next month, fuelling Station have hurriedly stopped dispensing...

I don't have hope in Nigeria, because even if the government are doing the right thing, the Nigerians on the other hand will continue to frustrate the process...

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by tobenuel(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2023
Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Triangles1(m): 7:54am On May 30, 2023
Oya make nah panic.

Number 1 is talking you're here saying no panic, end of politics to dupe Nigeria.

You guys should be aware of Triangles1.

Awalokan, but gues what the Yorubas has and they're going to be meaningful and impactful on Nigeria progress, mark my word.

Obasanjo has did it, Awo' has done the same thing, TINUBU is next and we never disappoint you.

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by GetSenseNow: 7:54am On May 30, 2023
post=123458804:
Good start for a better Nigeria 🇳🇬
Your own no pass to dey hail anything wey concern APC.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Buhari4sale: 7:54am On May 30, 2023
The marketers will surely seen youths wrath very soon. Na me talk am

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by lexy2014: 7:54am On May 30, 2023
alanto:
Nigeria is now back to her good old days.... Thank God for giving us President Tinubu.

during Buharis administration, was it bad old days? how is that possible when Tinubu told us that Buhari was the only solution to Nigeria's problems?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 7:54am On May 30, 2023
J
Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On May 30, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Your own no pass to dey hail anything wey concern APC.
God bless you 🙏

But take am as you go kiddo called GetSenseNow (your name first you baje no be small. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Postinor: 7:55am On May 30, 2023
I trust tinubu to perform well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2023
NaijaReCrminals:

So people are dvmb to get caught on time? Or what are duty of whistle blowers again?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by inoki247: 7:55am On May 30, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by Manny21: 7:55am On May 30, 2023
See sycophants everywhere. Is Melee kyari saying that Buhari has been doing the wrong thing for the lats 8 years and it is now to welcome Tinubu's policy. Even Kyari fed fat on subsidy. Don't worry, Tinubu will treat your Bleep up.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) by 9jaRealist: 7:55am On May 30, 2023
Naijalarry:
Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/30/nnpcl-hails-subsidy-removal-says-no-need-for-panic-buying/

The NNPC’s so-called “backing” is neither necessary nor required…

It’s the LAW! The end of the subsidy regime is compulsorily MANDATED by the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA), which provided for a transition period (that was further extended by an amendment of the PIA by the NASS) ending as from June 1. Can Nigerians just behave as if Nigeria is actually a nation of laws instead of this foolishness of “backing” by all manner of characters.

Even Tinubu himself CANNOT subsidize fuel pricing in Nigeria as from June, without breaking the law!

>

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Bars FG Officials With No Direct UNGA Participation From Travelling / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? / Gov. Abiola Ajimobi Dares Olubadan Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.