Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Suggestions On A Stock Broker - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Suggestions On A Stock Broker (5468 Views)

Morgan Capital Stock Broker Is Unprofessional / These 8 Signs Can Tell You If A Stock Is Doomed / Changing My Stock Broker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions On A Stock Broker by yodiyokun(f): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hi,
I have done a search here but I havent found the information I need.

I am out of the country and want to get into the secondary market, but right now I do not really have much money so I cannot approach Lead Capital or Zenith.

Does any one know of any "reliable stock broking firm" that will take 100k to 250K for starters?

I dont have any plans of coming home any time soon so I need a firm that can do the documentation via fax or email.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Yodi
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by coollove: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2007
U can use core trust investment ltd
contact ogunyemi---08056259633 or 014615946
U may check their web site.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by atilla(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2007
Good afternoon,

I work in a stockbrocking house called Citi Investment Capital LTD. We are located at 47a Glover Road, Ikoyi in Lagos and can assure you that we are very reliable.

I understand that you want to open an account and you are abroad so we could contact eachother by email/phone and scan then email any document that we need to send to eachother. Our minimum starting investment is N100,000 for now so you are fine with the amount you have with you.

Please contact me on office line 01-2671960  so we can discuss further.

www.citiinvestcap.com
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by OnealBU(m): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2007
U can try GTI Capital Ltd. www.gticapitalltd.com i use them and they are quite good, their minimum is 100K. u can also monitor ur investment online.

All da best.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by ebos(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2007
This thread is just the same with the ongoing thread on "Stock Market Tips For Nigerian." Any suggestion you want has been given in that thread. Just relax and go thru it. That's one of the threads that thrill me a lot. Cheers!
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by Panadol(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2007
Go with VETIVA, but N1 million minimum.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by GTay(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2007
Oneal, just checked out the GTI website, looks cool. I may give em a try.
But the thing is how responsive are they to their clients?
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by jungle700: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2007
Panadol

Are u with Vetiva? How is there service? I need to know because i'm in the process of opening an account with them.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by yodiyokun(f): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2007
What is Vetiva 's minimum requirement and their website address
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by nicolas: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2007
With the new directive from SEC that stockbrokers should have a min of 1 billion naira by 2008, i believe you should do make sure you do not fall into the hands of a stockbroking firm that may not meet up the capital base and hence have ur funds trapped in the event that the firm is liquidated.
I believe that most of the present banks that have stockbroking firms should be ur target, though the min is usually high
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by oyie(f): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2007
thanks for the hint Nicolas.

i beta start thinking of ways to get my funds from my kobo-kobo fund managers! grin wink
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by Tywoh(f): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2007
Please what do you guys have to say about Cash Craft.
I opened an a/c with them sometimes ago, but my account officer denied the knowledge of knowing about Dangote Flour.
I wanted her to advise me whether to wait for Dangote flour or any other investment.
But she just asked me to pay into their a/c and then we can discuss what to buy.
I was really disappointed cos I expect her to have all necessary information at her finger tips.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by Panadol(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
@Jungle700, Service is excellent. I'm able to monitor my holdings online.

@yodiyokun, Please note that the minimum amount to open an account is N1m (one million naira). I
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by Naija4ward(m): 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2007
Tywoh:

Please what do you guys have to say about Cash Craft.
I opened an a/c with them sometimes ago, but my account officer denied the knowledge of knowing about Dangote Flour.
I wanted her to advise me whether to wait for Dangote flour or any other investment.
But she just asked me to pay into their a/c and then we can discuss what to buy.
I was really disappointed because I expect her to have all necessary information at her finger tips.

Cashcraft use to be my favourite, until one of their staff started playing with my client account. As for stock investing advice, you will get useless information. They are execution only broker, i.e. you and you alone must decide what you want to invest in. Even at execution stage you need to be physical because your instruction will not be followed on time (if at all it is followed) when you instruct via their website.

If your portfolio is over N100k, I suggest you move it. You can also visit www.stockmarketnigeria.com to chat about stocks.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by NBA(m): 2:38am On Aug 03, 2007
Another broker at N100K is Crossworld Securities http://www.crossworldsec.biz/
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by boladonas(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2007
In the last 10 years I have been using Options Securities and \I think they have the best, open, transparent and customer friendly services in Nigeria

You may reach their MD - Mr Reuben Ogirri on 08066398161

Options Securities Limited
5th Floor
Eleganza House
15b Joseph St
Lagos Island
Lagos

They are quite honest and will open an account for you and help you grow

Bola
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by sunboy(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2007
kindly help me with any stock broker that accept minimum investment of 50K,please help me with their info aswell.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by nekkyo(f): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2007
kindly help me with any stock broker that accept minimum investment of 50K,please help me with their info aswell

just like the banks merged, people still recovered their money, there is a fund manager i know that cud help u to manage ur account the office is in BBA trade fair Anambra plaza. is not about big places about direct check on ur porfolio to help u grow it really biggggggggggg.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by recruiter1: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2007
hey got an excellent broking firm i use. It's called ITI (Integrated Trust and Investments LTD). Their people are really responsive and they also manage small portfolios under 200k. CBN (or some other regulatory body) published share capital of all stock broking and issuing firms a couple of months ago and theirs was sufficiently close to the stipulated amount, so i'm quite sure they're not gonna do a runner with my money.

You can call em on 01-2630063

Hope that helps

best wishes wink

RECRUITERONE
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by nicolas: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2007
@ recruiter1
can you give me the source of where the list of published share capital of all stock broking and issuing firms is?
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by kamuzu(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2007
try Consolidated Investment Limited
16, Amodu Ojikutu Street,
Victoria Island.

Contact person Samuel Agbo-07030200703
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by lagosAjebo: 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2007
if you are looking for a good stockbroker, you would find some very informative threads here
http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/stock-brokers/
most estpecially this one:
http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/stock-brokers/59-choosing-rating-stockbroker.html .
In that thread many people rate their stockbrokers on reliability, customer service etc. Before you choose a Nigerian Stock broker, read that thread!
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by Prince22(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2007
BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THIS UR REQUEST, NAIJAS ARE VERY CLEVER.

DO UR HOME WORK VERBAL FOR U NOT TO LOOSE PART OF UR STOCK INVESTMENT

BYEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by onatisi(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2007
use coretrust, i am using them too and they are reliable
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by marjson(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2007
Try First Equities or Amyn Investment On 17 th and 19th Floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Building, Best Of Luck
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by tady: 10:28am On Sep 27, 2007
invest with diamiond securities with a minimum of 500k units
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by bjluv: 4:28am On Jan 30, 2008
@onatisi, do u work for coretrust?
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by onatisi(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
no i dont work for coretrust
Re: Suggestions On A Stock Broker by madeonline(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2008
bjluv I work wih Core Trust (Lagos Branch), may I be of help?

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity For Asset Investors To Own Apartment&Duplex In Ajah @Urban Prime One / Having CSCS Account Numbers: How Advisable? / A Thread To Clarify The current Rates On Fixed Deposit In Nigeria Banks(Exposed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.