Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal (24446 Views)

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House / Egypt Sacks Javier Aguirre, President Abou-rida Resigns After AFCON Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by yusluvad(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
E. Mendy was better... cool cool
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by jojo1415: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anything North feels that its always their right to get everything they want...Nonsense...Up Mendy joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by helinues: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2022
Very very obvious.

The organizers got that award wrong
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Abfinest007(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
People seems to forget Mendy has more clean cheat and Mendy won the tournament . what's the essence the award if your team didn't win the trophy
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Afonasa(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
As a Chelsea and one that know Mendy was cheated in the last ballon d'or award,

I think the Egyptian keeper was cheated, but we still don't know on which bases is the award given,aside that bias,I hope Chelsea fans understand that Mendy was not the best keeper of the tournament

Guys check my siggy for q fresh freelancing start,or any other issues you encounter

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
Yes
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by airsaylongcome: 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
helinues:
Very very obvious.

The organizers got that award wrong

I guess the organisers always want to give these personal awards to players from the winning team. Vincent Aboubacar should have been the player of the tournament with his contributions for Cameroon. The Egyptian keeper was definitely more influential for his team than Mendy (and this is not belittling Mendy's immense contribution to Senegal)

I guess in things like these, it's winners takes all. I like that Egyptian goalkeeper and I think he may have used this tournament to "chance" their No 1
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by chiokeman(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
With your penalty malpractice?
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Diceailezz:
He should have let people blew his trumpet
In today's world blow ur trumpet yourself because no one really cares
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by sweetTai(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nonsense! You were better than Mendy but Mendy helped his team win the cup while both of you had exactly the same opportunities.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
Olajengbesi
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by helinues: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I guess the organisers always want to give these personal awards to players from the winning team. Vincent Aboubacar should have been the player of the tournament with his contributions for Cameroon. The Egyptian keeper was definitely more influential for his team than Mendy (and this is not belittling Mendy's immense contribution to Senegal)

I guess in things like these, it's winners takes all. I like that Egyptian goalkeeper and I think he may have used this tournament to "chance" their No 1

Actually the Egyptian goalkeeper is really popular in Egypt, he plays for the top local club.

I think it's because Abubakar won the highest goal scorers award, he should have been best player of the tournament.

Mane still deserve the best player of the tournament but the best goalkeeper, even Kofi of Burkina Faso performed far better than Mendy
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Biafranodogwu55: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
Who ask you??
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Southernigbo: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
but why do many worldclass Arab players love playing in their local leagues as against Europe?
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Zainabthegirl1(f): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
Medicine after death
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by minasu190: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
But you are unfortunate u never had want he has,Best fifa goalkeeper,champions league,epl Afcon,etc.stop naging man!
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
This is true,the tried wella he came fully prepared
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Cmanforall: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
robosky02:
Edward Mendy is far bigger than him

And is the next world best
I think that's what CAF wants to promote
Same can be said for Mane

Even that Egyptian defender merits best player of the tournament, but had it been Egypt won you'll see CAF give Sallah the award.

There are some politics in there
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Kayodeblaze(m): 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
There's a difference between Bigger and Better! Did you watch the tournament at all??
robosky02:
Edward Mendy is far bigger than him

And is the next world best
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by icankel: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
That's d honest truth, he was better
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
We know, but the trophy made a huge difference cuz u didn't save the title winning penalty

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by airsaylongcome: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
helinues:

Actually the Egyptian goalkeeper is really popular in Egypt, he plays for the top local club.

I think it's because Abubakar won the highest goal scorers award, he should have been best player of the tournament.

Mane still deserve the best player of the tournament but the best goalkeeper, even Kofi of Burkina Faso performed far better than Mendy

He's a really influential player in the team. Coming on in the 3rd place game and turning it around like that should have swayed it his way whether or not he had won golden boot. Football and it's politics is a different game.

Against Morocco I believe, he tried to push beyond the pain barrier knowing that his replacement was a very inexperienced young chap. Was willing to sacrifice his health for the team. Great guy. Top notch performer. It's however terribly sad to see people try and castigate him for using his water bottle in the PK. In my books, absolutely NOTHING WRONG with that. It just showed how very detailed the Egyptians (and most of North Africa) are. They has spent time researching all the Senegalese players and where they place their PKs

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by bleskid: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
who ask u ,, mumu
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Bamzyriches451: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
Damn!!
Though he tried, but the award was given to who deserved it better.
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by steveneche(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
R
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by TheKingsmann(m): 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC
The guy should have been the keepr of the tournament.... The guy had couples of mind-blowing saves in the match....
He went through some penalty shootout...

He should have been the keeper of the tournament....

Make no agama tag me ooo...
I agree
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by wizonlyson: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
tongue

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by deebrain(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Gabaski.

Legendary keeping.
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Aaae: 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George / Victorious Super Falcons Hosted In Lagos After Their Arrival From Cameroon. PICS / Belgium Vs USA - World Cup (2 - 1) On 1st July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.