Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,022 members, 7,821,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Have You Heard Of The Law Of Reciprocity? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Heard Of The Law Of Reciprocity? (129 Views)

United States Removes Visa Reciprocity Fees For Nigerian Citizens And It's Meani / Please , Has Anyone Heard Of Jama Life Helpers Global ? / Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard Of The Law Of Reciprocity? by Faithymatt(f): 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
So while I was reading a book for my personal development, I came across a really powerful law that I plan to start using from now on. I'm posting this here because I believe others can also learn from it too.

Before I tell you the law, I'd like to take you back to April 2005, when Bobby Fischer was granted sanctuary by Icelanders even though he was a fugitive in the US.

Apparently Bobby Fischer wasn't a very likeable person, but he had done Iceland a favor 30 years before that and they hadn't forgotten.

In 1972 when the World Chess Championship match took place between Boris Spassky and Bobby Fischer, Fischer had given the Icelanders a hard time before agreeing to play the game. He wanted 30% of the revenue gotten from spectators and asked that TV cameras be banned during the game.

The Icelanders didn't want this but after persuading Bobby, they finally got him to be present for the game where he beat Boris Spassky.

When the contest was over, it's coverage was all over the news both domestic and foreign. Bobby had helped put Iceland on the international map for everyone to see

30 years later, Icelanders hadn't forgotten, and even though Bobby wasn't a likeable person, they were willing to accommodate him when he was in trouble in the US.

Have you gotten an idea of what this law is yet?

It's the law of reciprocity.

People are more likely to help you if you had helped them in the past.

If you watched SUITS, you'd notice they always threw around the phrase "if you help me, I'd owe you one"

So when next you need a favor instead of thinking "who can help me" ask yourself "who can I help that is capable of helping me in the future?"

I hope this helps.

PS: if you found this helpful please share �

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

A Transgenic Potato That Emits Fluorescent Light In Response To Stress / How To Turn Your Business To Multi Million Company / Startimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.