Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS (3294 Views)

IBB Tells Nigerians What To Expect From Buhari’s Second Term / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/08/police-deputy-commissioner-threatens-violence-against-south-east-man-buying-property-near

"We're a homogeneous community, I don't want you; you can't be my next door neighbour, I swear. What sort of insult is this? Can any northerner move now to the South-East, say Onitsha and just bump into any neighborhood to buy a property; just like that?” the DCP queried...

https://punchng.com/catholic-suspends-lagos-priest-who-banned-igbo-songs-in-parish/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web&amp

Anelu was reported to have banned Igbo songs and choruses in his parish, arguing that the excesses of Ndigbo must be contained.

It was learnt that he had angrily stopped a soul-lifting chorus during the second collection, noting that Igbos cannot keep dominating other people in his Catholic parish.

He reportedly cited the case of his Benin Diocese where Igbos dominate to the point of becoming the Bishop, allegedly claiming that the spirit of God recognises only geographical languages of the parish.

Prejudice and hate breeds rancour.
If history were available for most of you that will hide behind Nigerian civil war to justify your hatred towards the IGBOS, i wonder what you'll do with the whites that enslaved the Black's...

Am asking again, what is the crime of IGBOS that all of you are against them?

I ask this question not because you're going to change but, because it's a question that must and should be ask in time like this in Nigeria everyone is claiming indivisible...

Mind you, your generation to come will keep fighting without knowing the cause of their fight, so define the crime of IGBOS..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by sirjustice1575(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
FTC,.. wink. I dedicate this my long awaited "First To Comment" to all the igbos. One love.
May God bless all the igbos out there.
Proudly an igbo man.
#Igbo_Amaka.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by FallenShitHole: 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fear of the Great Igbos.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Emergingnation0:
Na enviness and Jealousy dey worry them..
though I'm forced to believe that, I still don't want to because it's illogical.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by uthlaw: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
Emergingnation0:
envy and jealousy of what?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by gidgiddy: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fbisshit:
http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/08/police-deputy-commissioner-threatens-violence-against-south-east-man-buying-property-near

"We're a homogeneous community, I don't want you; you can't be my next door neighbour, I swear. What sort of insult is this? Can any northerner move now to the South-East, say Onitsha and just bump into any neighborhood to buy a property; just like that?” the DCP queried...

https://punchng.com/catholic-suspends-lagos-priest-who-banned-igbo-songs-in-parish/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web&amp

Anelu was reported to have banned Igbo songs and choruses in his parish, arguing that the excesses of Ndigbo must be contained.

It was learnt that he had angrily stopped a soul-lifting chorus during the second collection, noting that Igbos cannot keep dominating other people in his Catholic parish.

He reportedly cited the case of his Benin Diocese where Igbos dominate to the point of becoming the Bishop, allegedly claiming that the spirit of God recognises only geographical languages of the parish.

If history were available for most of you that will hide behind Nigerian civil war to justify your hatred towards the IGBOS, i wonder what you'll do with the whites that enslaved the Black's...

I ask this question not because you're going to change but, because it's a question that must and should be ask in time like this in Nigeria everyone is claiming indivisible...

Mind you, your generation to come will keep fighting without knowing the cause of their fight, so define the crime of IGBOS..

You dont have to ask this question. The current President is from an ethnic group whose herdsmen are killing thousands of Nigerians every year, destroying millions worth of crops, destroying livelihood, burning down communities and raping women

But the same Nigerians had no problems electing the President twice.

Tells you all you need to know

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by intervention3(m): 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
All these cry cry babies, always crying of hate, like they're the only tribe in Nigeria.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Entprys(m): 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
We want them to be begging but they refused.
For that, we must hate them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by intervention3(m): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
Emergingnation0:
you people just use the word jealousy and envy without even knowing the meaning, why should any tribe be jealous of Igbos?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by BKayy: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Honestly this thread is the most stupid thread I have ever seen in a while.
Sometimes I wonder how most of our people are raised outside Igboland that they care about other people's opinion about them so much.

I recommend that any Igbo person born and bred outside Igboland should sometimes try to roll with those of us born and bred IGBOLAND to upgrade their "no nonsense Igbo attitude"
Down here we don't give a Bleep about what you call hate because to us it is admiration. I've said this before and I will say it again, the worst Nightmare of someone that dedicates his life to hating Ndigbo is to meet an Igbo born and bred in Igboland.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

You dont have to ask this question. The current President is from an ethnic group whose herdsmen are killing thousands of Nigerians every year, destroying millions worth of crops, destroying livelihood, burning down communities and raping women

But the same Nigerians had no problems electing the President twice.

Tells you all you need to know

I want Nigerians to tell us what crime of IGBOS is.
Trying to point to them where they should direct their hatred can never give the answer to why the hate against IGBOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
BKayy:
Honestly this thread is the most stupid thread I have ever seen in a while.
Sometimes I wonder how most of our people are raised outside Igboland that they care about other people's opinion about them so much.

I recommend that any Igbo person born and bred outside Igboland should sometimes try to roll with those of us born and bred IGBOLAND to upgrade their "no nonsense Igbo attitude"
Down here we don't give a Bleep about what you call hate because to us it is admiration. I've said this before and I will say it again, the worst Nightmare of someone that dedicates his life to hating Ndigbo is to meet someone Igbo born and bred in Igboland.
You don't still get it, do you?
Let's assume Nigeria remains an indivisible entity as they so cherish, why would they hate thesame people they have sworn to live with..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by BKayy: 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fbisshit:

You don't still get it, do you?
Let's assume Nigeria remains an indivisible entity as they so cherish, why would they hate thesame people they have sworn to live with..
Because they can't help it. It is in human nature to hate/envy who is better than him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by headSmasher: 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hatred attracts hatred, You can't sow Sodom apple and expect to reap apple, how possible is that, the mirror produce your reflection, you smile to the mirror it smile back at you, you cannot be bittered and callously irresponsible devour by hate and you want love,

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
BKayy:

Because they can't help it. It is in human nature to hate/envy who is better than him.
can we let them tell us that...

You IGBOS are better than us, that's why we hate you IGBOS and I doubt that's the reason for the hate, so let's wait on them..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by BKayy: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
headSmasher:
I like this your picture. It shows that if we do the same thing you Nigerians do like sitting the way Hausa people sit, you people consider it humiliating for us because You people see as superiors

Imagine we lie down to greet like Yolobas do, grin lol that will make Bill board in the whole of SW with the caption "how the great Igbos prostrated like Yoloba"

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Igbo should stop looking for trouble

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by 00FFT00(m): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fbisshit:

The answer you seek is simple.

>>>>>>>Jealousy!<<<<<<<

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
headSmasher:
Hatred attracts hatred, You can't sow Sodom apple and expect to reap apple, how possible is that, the mirror produce your reflection, you smile to the mirror it smile back at you, you cannot be bittered and callously irresponsible devour by hate and you want love,
I think I like this your own opinion.

IGBOS sowed seed of hatred please explain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by headSmasher: 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
That means you will be happy if your father or grandfather of the age of the Igbo old men sitting on the floor while Fulani Muslim youths are sitting on the chair just because they are begging for akpu
BKayy:

I like this your picture. It shows that if we do the same thing you Nigerians do like sitting the way Hausa people sit, you people consider it humiliating for us because You people see as superiors

Imagine we lie down to greet like Yolobas do, grin lol that will make Bill board in the whole of SW with the caption "how the great Igbos prostrated like Yoloba"

17 Likes

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by intervention3(m): 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Emergingnation0:
You guys are apparently Jealous of our progressive and prosperous nature.. No be our fault, na God do am like that... undecided
so tell me which tribe in Nigeria that's not progressing?

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by headSmasher: 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
If Igbos can kill and destroy their tribesmen properties just because of different political affiliation and divergent religious beliefs, is that not evil, check Igbos comments on burning of igbokwe house, unknown gunmen killing security operatives, Igbos that converted to Islam, wedding of two igbo Muslims and do on, see how IPOB are killing Igbos and calling them saboteurs and Igbos are happen
Fbisshit:
I think I like this your own opinion.

IGBOS sowed seed of hatred please explain

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Fbisshit: 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
SlyDev:
Igbo should stop looking for trouble
trouble in what what way..
When you say trouble it means they have been fighting their host communities

1 Like

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Rossikk(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
Igbos suffer from a disease called Group Narcissism. Also known as Collective Narcissism.

This ludicrous post by the OP, and subsequent responses to it by his ilk, typifies the disease.

COLLECTIVE NARCISSISM

What is Collective Narcissism?

In social psychology, collective narcissism (or group narcissism) is the tendency to exaggerate the positive image and importance of a group to which one belongs. The group may be defined by ideology, race, political beliefs/stance, religion, social class, language, nationality, employment status, education level, cultural values, or any other ingroup. While the classic definition of narcissism focuses on the individual, collective narcissism extends this concept to similar excessively high opinions of a person's social group, and suggests that a group can function as a narcissistic entity.

Collective narcissism is related to ethnocentrism. While ethnocentrism is an assertion of the ingroup's supremacy, collective narcissism is a self-defensive tendency to invest unfulfilled self-entitlement into a belief about the ingroup's uniqueness and greatness. Thus, the ingroup is expected to become a vehicle of actualisation of frustrated self-entitlement. In addition, ethnocentrism primarily focuses on self-centeredness at an ethnic or cultural level, while collective narcissism is extended to any type of ingroup.

When applied to a national group, collective narcissism is similar to nationalism: a desire for national supremacy. Collective narcissism is associated with intergroup hostility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_narcissism
Collective narcissism is defined as an emotional investment in a belief in the unparalleled greatness of an in-group contingent on external validation.

It is a group level, equivalent of individual narcissism. It focuses on grandiosity and entitlement of an in-group rather than the self. People can be collective narcissistic about any group they belong to. We researched collective in context of national, ethnic, religious, football fans and gender groups. As well as mundane social groups such as university peers.

Correlates on individual level

An individual that scores high on Collective Narcissism tends to perceive a larger number of threats and stereotypes of other groups. Its own personal insecurities combine with also more aggressive behaviour display and derogatory towards other groups, looking for more validation from peers. The behaviour towards other groups tends to be cautious and easily sways to aggressiveness if the group is criticized.

Collective Narcissism is related to other forms of group identification and in-group attachment:

Collective narcissism correlates personality predictors of prejudice: right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Collective Narcissism is not directly related to personal self-esteem. It is related to low personal control. It’s correlation with grandiose narcissism ranges from -0.008 to 0.29. It is systematically correlated with vulnerable narcissism.

Correlates on inter-group attitudes level

Collective narcissism is related to hypersensitivity to inter-group threat. It is related to retaliatory inter-group hostility. Related to prejudice towards social groups regarded as threatening. Due to it’s hypersensitivity to inter-group threat and a tendency to perceived insult, many groups can fall into this category.

This exaggerated sensibility towards other groups can be explained by the narcissistic nature that the group makes of itself and its members, much like the self the self-worth of individual narcissists is contingent on the constant admiration of others, meaning that the in-group needs constant approval and admiration from others as well.

https://sites.gold.ac.uk/prejudicelab/collective-narcissism/#:~:text=Collective%20narcissism%20is%20defined%20as,level%2C%20equivalent%20of%20individual%20narcissism.&text=People%20can%20be%20collective%20narcissistic%20about%20any%20group%20they%20belong%20to.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by SensetionalGoal(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
headSmasher:

Stop being incoherent and go straight to the point... how does this your post correlate with what op is asking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by Beejayy20(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
[s]
Emergingnation0:
[/s]
is there any reasonable reason to be jealous or envy ibo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by 00FFT00(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
uthlaw:
envy and jealousy of what?

Let's say we strip all Yoruba's of everything they have. Then we proceed to give every Yoruba family the equivalent of 20 pounds value in 1970, it will be interesting to see how you make out 50 years down the line. I say you because you're likely a Yoruba man.

If you come as far as dominating commerce and real estate in Lagos, real estate in Abuja, have a very significant foothold in commerce and real estate all over the north, a commercial presence all over the southwest, and lock down your region for yourselves economically, then you're at parity with Igbos.

I doubt you can though. Now, that's what the envy and jealousy is about.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by uthlaw: 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
00FFT00:

Let's say we strip all Yoruba's of everything they have. Then we proceed to give every Yoruba family the equivalent of 20 pounds value in 1970, it will be interesting to see how you make out 50 years down the line. I say you because you're likely a Yoruba man.

If you come as far as dominating commerce and real estate in Lagos, real estate in Abuja, have a very significant foothold in commerce and real estate all over the north, and lock down your region for yourselves economically, then you're at parity with Igbos.

I doubt you can though. Now, that's what the envy and jealousy is about.
why others don't build in your land,is just because you kill even your people because of land...I always pray Biafra should be giving to you people honestly!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by JohnSin97: 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Sowore is only selling you mumuz his news paper....he knows that nyamiris are irrational and will always buy the "them VS us narrative" just like reno

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Ask Nigerians: What Is The Crime Of IGBOS by 00FFT00(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rossikk:
Igbos suffer from a disease called Group Narcissism. Also known as Collective Narcissism.

This ludicrous post by the OP, and subsequent responses to it by his ilk, typifies the disease.

See you see high BP.
Trust me, it kills faster than you think.

COLLECTIVE NARCISSISM

What is Collective Narcissism?

In social psychology, collective narcissism (or group narcissism) is the tendency to exaggerate the positive image and importance of a group to which one belongs. The group may be defined by ideology, race, political beliefs/stance, religion, social class, language, nationality, employment status, education level, cultural values, or any other ingroup. While the classic definition of narcissism focuses on the individual, collective narcissism extends this concept to similar excessively high opinions of a person's social group, and suggests that a group can function as a narcissistic entity.

Collective narcissism is related to ethnocentrism. While ethnocentrism is an assertion of the ingroup's supremacy, collective narcissism is a self-defensive tendency to invest unfulfilled self-entitlement into a belief about ingroup's uniqueness and greatness. Thus, the ingroup is expected to become a vehicle of actualisation of frustrated self-entitlement. In addition, ethnocentrism primarily focuses on self-centeredness at an ethnic or cultural level, while collective narcissism is extended to any type of ingroup.

When applied to a national group, collective narcissism is similar to nationalism: a desire for national supremacy. Collective narcissism is associated with intergroup hostility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_narcissism
Collective narcissism is defined as an emotional investment in a belief in the unparalleled greatness of an in-group contingent on external validation.

It is a group level, equivalent of individual narcissism. It focuses on grandiosity and entitlement of an in-group rather than the self. People can be collective narcissistic about any group they belong to. We researched collective in context of national, ethnic, religious, football fans and gender groups. As well as mundane social groups such as university peers.

Correlates on individual level

An individual that scores high on Collective Narcissism tends to perceive a larger number of threats and stereotypes of other groups. Its own personal insecurities combine with also more aggressive behaviour display and derogatory towards other groups, looking for more validation from peers. The behaviour towards other groups tends to be cautious and easily sways to aggressiveness if the group is criticized.

Collective Narcissism is related to other forms of group identification and in-group attachment:

Collective narcissism correlates personality predictors of prejudice: right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Collective Narcissism is not directly related to personal self-esteem. It is related to low personal control. It’s correlation with grandiose narcissism ranges from -0.008 to 0.29. It is systematically correlated with vulnerable narcissism.

Correlates on inter-group attitudes level

Collective narcissism is related to hypersensitivity to inter-group threat. It is related to retaliatory inter-group hostility. Related to prejudice towards social groups regarded as threatening. Due to it’s hypersensitivity to inter-group threat and a tendency to perceived insult, many groups can fall into this category.

This exaggerated sensibility towards other groups can be explained by the narcissistic nature that the group makes of itself and its members, much like the self the self-worth of individual narcissists is contingent on the constant admiration of others, meaning that the in-group needs constant approval and admiration from others as well.

https://sites.gold.ac.uk/prejudicelab/collective-narcissism/#:~:text=Collective%20narcissism%20is%20defined%20as,level%2C%20equivalent%20of%20individual%20narcissism.&text=People%20can%20be%20collective%20narcissistic%20about%20any%20group%20they%20belong%20to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? / If Peter Obi Know How To Fix Nigeria Why Didn't He Teach Gej? / Capital Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.