Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers (10323 Views)

Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? / Ritual Killers Behead 76-year-old Man In Oyo, Sell Human Parts For N4000 / Commercial Sex Workers: How We Protect Ourselves Against Ritual Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by gadgethead: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2022
Sabbatical:

Here, the OP started by pointing out how prevalent money ritualism is. Somewhere in the middle, he discredited the assertion that money ritualism makes one a millionaire. After, he said people engage in it so they could get rich quick.

I mean, why would it be prevalent if it is not luxurious?

All I see is a confused fellow. 1st, you don’t believe ritualism gives money and you follow it up by saying lazy people indulge in it to be stupendously rich. Isn’t that conflicting?

My stand. Money ritualism is real and true. And it is a menace that must be eradicated.

Well judging by the fact that majority of Nigerians are still suffering irrespective of whether they did money ritual or not, l think l will continue to do honest hard work for my money. At least l won't be chased by ghosts of victims in my dreams...lol
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Tingotoe: 10:00am On Feb 09, 2022
This ugly trend is more prevalent in the South West. I don't see how anyone in their sane minds can believe that sacrificing human parts can get them instantaneous wealth
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by seyz91(m): 10:14am On Feb 09, 2022
No lies
Brendaniel:
If you want to know how good or bad a country is even if you have little information about the country, the first places to visit are their police station and prisons, you will see the beginning and then end of that country there...
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by seyz91(m): 10:15am On Feb 09, 2022
You said it all
FireUpNow:
Parents, teachers, pastors, society and government have failed in training the child morally. Moral values are so eroded. The worship of money is the order of the day. Even in the the family circle , if the husband is not rich, the wife and mother of his kid will ridicule the husband ND rain abuses on him and cheat on him with other men who she thinks have money more than her husband with thinking about the source of their wealth. Religious leaders are not left out preaching about prosperity and over night abundance and tithing and offering teachings. No employment, cost of living is so high. I don't know what's going on in this county
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by adedolapoololade(m): 10:47am On Feb 09, 2022
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Not Nigeria be specific its South West.
You are just a foolish individual...Igbo no dey go ritual..tueh
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Benprass(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2022
Doyou2019:

No need to go that far. Just visit some families and watch the way parents train up children.

That one is too far my G just visit any of their government own institutions like schools or look at the road they use.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by plaetton: 11:30am On Feb 09, 2022
Acidosis:
Another anti church report. How does going to church or listening to prosperity messages relate to ritual killings? How many of these so called ritualists can you connect to any church in Nigeria??

This is why I personally attack some senseless Christians. Obviously, this report was written by a southern Christian. You blamed your church, you blamed pastors and priests, but left out the main perpetrators of ritual killings in Nigeria.

Oh my dear friend, I have been shouting it from the rooftops since the 1990s of the destructive effects of evangelical Christianity. Sadly, I feel vindicated for all my predictions about how prosperity preachers and the magical thinking they fiercely promote would eventually eat deep into soul of this nation.
Today, with a minimum of 5 churches in every street in allost every city in Nigeria, this country predictably lost it's soul.
If you believe that a particular church or particular pastor or particular monetary sacrifice to church or pastor can magically transform your life( money ritual my definition) , then you are mostly to also believe the words of a native doctor that other forms of sacrifice can also bring prosperity to you.
It is the same magical thinking, the only difference between the level of desperation.

Magical thinking promotes more magical thinking.
If you fall for pastor's BS, then you are vulnerable to fall for the native doctor's BS.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Acidosis(m): 11:44am On Feb 09, 2022
plaetton:

Oh my dear friend, I have been shouting it from the rooftops since the 1990s of the destructive effects of evangelical Christianity. Sadly, I feel vindicated for all my predictions about how prosperity preachers and the magical thinking they fiercely promote would eventually eat deep into soul of this nation.
Today, with a minimum of 5 churches in every street in allost every city in Nigeria, this country predictably lost it's soul.
If you believe that a particular church or particular pastor or particular monetary sacrifice to church or pastor can magically transform your life( money ritual my definition) , then you are mostly to also believe the words of a native doctor that other forms of sacrifice can also bring prosperity to you.
It is the same magical thinking, the only difference between the level of desperation.

Magical thinking promotes more magical thinking.
If you fall for pastor's BS, then you are vulnerable to fall for the native doctor's BS.

You don't get the point. How many ritualists have you seen mention Oyedepo or Adeboye as their sponsor? How many Redeem member have you seen engage in rituals? Why would you blame Adeboye for the crime committed by people who have never been to a church service in 10 or 20 years? Most of them are even yoruba Musims who can't correctly quote John 3:3 or John 3:16. If prosperity message is why people commit crime, how come I haven't chopped off someone's head for money despite been a church boy all my life? If you know the amount of sermons/messages I listen to per week, then by your calculations, I should have chopped off the entire heads in your community.
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by SeriouslySense(m): 11:51am On Feb 09, 2022
Such dumb ideas, no wonder they cannot come together to get things done, and they are befitting for slaves, what good are they.

They must have been out of their head, where is my favorite perfume.

Amotolongbo:

This is the kind of result you get where the majority of the society believe that the spiritual controls the physical. Thereby using the “spirit” of another being to appease the “spiritual world” to elevate their own physical status
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by SeriouslySense(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2022
They must have been out of their head, where is my favorite perfume.

gadgethead:

Well judging by the fact that majority of Nigerians are still suffering irrespective of whether they did money ritual or not, l think l will continue to do honest hard work for my money. At least l won't be chased by ghosts of victims in my dreams...lol
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by SeriouslySense(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2022
smiley smiley
Brendaniel:
If you want to know how good or bad a country is even if you have little information about the country, the first places to visit are their police station and prisons, you will see the beginning and then end of that country there...
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by zinaunreal(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
I blame nollywood. Once they remove such acts from movies it will end because Nigerians are stupid. They believe more in what they see
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by 99thEnemy(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
manchyme:

You can just simply say 'hi' if you dont know what to say.
Is the post encouraging ritual or condeming it?

Can't you too just read and pass? must you mention me? Putang ina ...mo shocked
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Amotolongbo(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Dawn91:

Gutter? Oh my

You do understand that you are embarrassing yourself right ?
Ya gutter!

That is where you belong!
Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Babysho(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
Jumbojax:
Blood sacrifice that white man will do small for fame, e reach our turn we turn am to industry

Lolll. Nigeria always overdoes everything. In USA and Europe, single people hookup with eachother just for fun. Nothing attached.

Nigeria took prostitution, renamed it to "hookup" and our girls started selling this as something innocent and normal that even girls from good homes are doing it. Nigerian girls that went to University with degrees asking for money to sleep with young men. Our beautiful African girls doing something so ugly with pride.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Life In A Society Of Ritual Killers by Aaar: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Bomb Police Station In Anambra, But No Life Lost / My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) / Isaac Nduka Eya Kidnapped With His Driver. N15m Ransom Demanded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.