Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? (41573 Views)

How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Secrets Of Ibadan Ritual Killings Uncovered / Metal Fabricator In Police Net On Suspicion Of Ritual Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Studio247: 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
There is hardly a week that we don't get report on Ritual killing.

It looks like almost every Nigerian youth wants to leave the life they see on Instagram.

Some want to leave that life at all cost.

Just as there is hardly a minute that celebrities don't display wealth on their pages, there is hardly a day we don't get news of ritual killings.

So, I talked to few people if what young people see on Instagram is responsible for the quest for fast richies, some agreed that Instagram is playing huge negative role in pushing some people into doing the wrong things.

And some said NO, every wealthy person can flunt their wealth as they like cos they worked for it .

Your opinion.

13 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Dollarremix(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
Some celeb fake life,set awon audio money

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by insidelife22(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
Lemme show you what is prevalent in all of our country's regions.

Northeast-Boko haram.

North Central- Boko haram/bandits,Herdsmen.

Northwest- Boko haram/Herdsmen.

Southeast-Kiddnapping,Sit at home.

South south-militancy/Illegal refinaries,Kiddnapping.

Southwest-Skull mining/Ritual killings,Headquarters of fakelives yeyebrities.

249 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
Countries like China would arrest celebrities who flaunt their wealth because they know it's bad for public health...but Nigerian government as usual don't care about their people.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by shagasha: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Countries like China would arrest celebrities who flaunt their wealth because they know it's bad for public health...but Nigerian government as usual don't care about their people.

Our politicians also flaunt their wealth

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by 3ple9ine(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
LordVoldermort:
If the start arresting these celebrities we would be the one to complain.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2022
LordVoldermort:
i disagree with you.

Flaunting of wealth online by individuals with evidence cannot attract punishment whatsoever.

Our youths of nowadays are just desperate out of selfishness.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
Are you suggesting Instagram be shot down

One thing I know is most people who indulge in evils are motivated out of selfishness.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Totilopussylick:
i disagree with you.

Flaunting of wealth online by individuals with evidence cannot attract punishment whatsoever.

Our youths of nowadays are just desperate out of selfishness.
How many of them provide evidence of legit hustle was it not naira marley that was arrested for Yahoo what about hushpupp? Many youths look up to these people and you start to understand why they do money ritual.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
shagasha:

Our politicians also flaunt their wealth
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.

Modified:

omokab:
what of Dino melaye? He flaunts his wealth on social media despite being a serving senator then.
I asked for flaunting politicians all you guys can say is Dino Melaye a senator who has no real power in Nigeria, have you seen Tinubu, Obasanjo or Buhari flaunting wealth on social media?
Being corrupt is one thing, waving that corruption in people's faces is something else.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by mccloud224(m): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2022
A country labelled as the POVERTY capital of the world has 98% of its adult citizens producing children as if we have population crisis. A civil servant earning less than 50k already has 4 kids...a site labourer earning 2k a day already has 6 kids @ home plus "away match" baby on the way. People are popping out kids as if Nigeria is still in the good old days of oil boom.

The media isnt helping either...imagine youths listening to "Ose to leran....Zazou". What type of soap has meat inside? Portable is proudly advertising himself as a ritualist who uses voodoo soap infused with human flesh hence his success but nobody cares coz all na Zazou!!!

For years I kept saying it...this current generation from 45 down is a failure.

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 31, 2022
insidelife22:
Lemme show you what is prevalent in all of our country's regions.

Northeast-Boko haram.

North Central- Boko haram/bandits,Herdsmen.

Northwest- Boko haram/Herdsmen.

Southeast-Kiddnapping,Sit at home.

South south-militancy/Illegal refinaries,Kiddnapping.

Southwest-Skull mining/Ritual killings,Headquarters of fakelives yeyebrities.

You forgot to add cannibalism to South yeast.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Angel55555(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2022
This is partly true. Seeing someone living the good life can be enticing which should make you work harder so that you can enjoy that sort of life but sadly most people take the short cut which ends badly for them. I don't support ritualism or yahoo but we really need to ask ourselves what's the real cause of the problem. It's just poverty and lack of basic amenities, those kids should be in school but they are out their hustling by doing random jobs i know this because oke aregba is where my church is located and the most people living there are not really comfortable please note I said most.
Secondly I blame our political and religious leaders if the standard of living and basic amenities are okay I doubt if those kids would be thinking about doing something like that I always tell people as long as you can afford your basic needs then you're good to go just tell to hustle more to sustain your family also..
Lastly whatever you do in life make sure you don't spend the rest of your days in Nigeria it's just a total waste of time unless you're super rich.

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by virginboy1(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Poverty, Money centric society, Bad Government, Celebrities celebrating nonsense, Lack of psychological/social infrastructures etc etc

In fact, we are in a state of societal malware.
This our society needs a serious overhaul.

Just imagine rubbish, 17 year old involved in Ritual killing, While at that age my main concern was how to clear my Waec papers.

Seriously Naija, don cast cry

15 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Okay
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by aboyaji(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Studio247:
There is hardly a week that we don't get report on Ritual killing

It looks like

Almost every Nigerian youth wants to leave the life they see on Instagram.

Some want to leave that life at all cost

Just as there is hardly a minute that celebrities don't display wealth on their pages

There is hardly a day we don't get news of ritual killings.
So ,
I talked to few people if what young people see on Instagram is responsible for the quest for fast richies some agreed that Instagram is playing huge negative role
In pushing some people into doing the wrong things.

and some said NO every wealthy person can flunt their wealth as they like cos they work for it .

Your opinion
I don't know what I'm reading again. It's LIVE and not LEAVE.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Sirmuel1(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
The truth is, People make money in different illegal ways all over the World but ritual killing keeps soaring in Nigeria because the Government has refused to condemn it.

Two weeks ago, I saw a video on Facebook. (I think it happened in Owerri)
2 naked Guys were seen placing a huge sacrifice at the middle of a Federal road.

No one stopped them. Not even the Police around there. Some People were just staring and others were running away from the scene.

There is a freedom of religion in Nigeria but when it extends to killing another human for money, power and protection, it should be condemned.

My observation: I feel the Government is not saying anything because they are guilty as well. In this century, there are places where Innocent People are being buried alive with some Kings and occultic members.

We have also seen where some Government officials sacrifice People just to win elections and to fortify themselves.

20 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by TheSameGuy(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2022
angry
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by CrownedPhoenix: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2022
1. Alfas. And yes, pastors need to speak up against these evils too
2. Nollyhood
3. Parents

9 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by geokay777(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2022
Not only what they are exposed to on I. G.
But social media generally.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Godada(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2022

You could be right based on your submission. However, Nigerians basically have got an A when it comes to copying anything that seems to work.

These rituals are tied to yahoo and yahoo plus. Young guys engage in this in a bid to cash out. This is what is prevalent and everyone wants to jump into the bandwagon.

If bet9ja really plays, you will find that most of these ritualists would have embraced betting.

Should something else lucrative that pays well pop up, you will experience a bandwagon of guys jumping onboard.

I feel that the aspect of human resources, services and capital has not been fully exploited in this country.

The government of the day is obsessed with crude oil but China without any natural resources are easily one of wealthiest countries around. And they did this without rituals.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Anijay1212(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2022
angry angry angry
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Antoeni(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2022
The 4 Major Problems of Nigeria Today is

1. Bad Parenting
2. Corrupt Politicians
3. Dubious & Fraudulent Pastors
4.Our so called Yeyebrities

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by asthmacoughend(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Maybe Yes or No ..But the Desire to be wealthy without Working hard is it ..Most Youths are Lazy and this Bad Impressions is spreading like Hurricane Fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by YorubaKing: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Nigerians lack identity! Morals have gone down the drains. A society that normalize evil, immorality and stupidity.

They love to westernize with their retrogressive mindsets, religious backwardness and ignorance.

All these combinations is already a recipe for disaster!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by tommy589(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Partly the display of wealth by the new money to taunt the poor is not helping matters. Many that are struggling now think they need spiritual support to become successful,and you can not stop them from spiritual adventures,when daily they see people without visible means of livelihood becoming wealthy.

It is not wrong to enjoy and display the money you worked for, but don't rub it in people faces and make them feel they need to do the extreme to get rich

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by seyz91(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Dino melayi flaunts wealth Timely and was accused of corruption and what is the end of it undecided
LordVoldermort:
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by atdscentofwater: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2022
Hmmmmmm. chasing shadows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sunday Awolola: Soldier Arraigned For Raping AAUA Student (Photo) / Man Enters His Neighbor's Room, Beats The Wife And Later Carried Her To Hospital / Skeleton Of Gabby Petito's Fiance Discovered In Florida's Swamp(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.