Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida (7635 Views)

Ministerial Confirmation: No Court Injunction Stopping Amaechi’s Screening – APC / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / No Court Can Sack AIG Mbu, Judge Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
X-factoria:

Factored into the budget under which expense head Or was it stated as "borrowings - to pay increased allowance"??

You see, that is where the criminality lies. They must have concealed it under one frivolous expense. That in itself is criminal and Bankole is busy making mouth that he can't be convicted!!

Are you sure you don't have a personal issue with Bankole here?  Even you have cited multiple times that[b] Bankole was absent at the 'executive session' where that decision was taken[/b].  You know it was a decision of the House.  And Bankole did not benefit from the increase.  And[b] he could not have stopped the decision[/b].  So, why are you so desperate on Bankole in particular being the scape goat?  

You know the truth that Bankole did not embezzle N40bn and yet you choose to mislead people with false information.  WHY?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
bioye:

Are you sure you don't have a personal issue with Bankole here?  Even you have cited multiple times that[b] Bankole was absent at the 'executive session' where that decision was taken[/b].  You know it was a decision of the House.  And Bankole did not benefit from the increase.  And[b] he could not have stopped the decision[/b].  So, why are you so desperate on Bankole in particular being the scape goat?  

You know the truth that Bankole did not embezzle N40bn and yet you choose to mislead people with false information.  WHY?

You still have not explained what "any question" is.

Surely if the legislative arm decides to vote whether to put Soludo to death for the 5 bank's crisis, it is the responsibility of Bank-Ole to say that is not a matter or "any question" for the legislative and he would not approve it.

So what is "any question" and how come the legislathieves led by a Bank-Ole be voting money to themselves?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Bankole is right, like someone said.

The reason why EFCC arent on the billions found in Bankole's acct is because that money was shared amongst out politicians. To arrest Bankole for that crime, many of them will also be charged.

Which billions were found in Bankole's account?  Are you quoting the false Saharareporters report that has since been refuted and has not been backed by any evidence whatsoever?  You need to ensure that your comments are based on facts and truths and not lies sold to you deceitfully as news.

Sources:
1.  [url=http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3063%3Abankole-1bn-domiciliary-account-with-uba-a-sahara-reporters-goof&catid=103%3Amore-news&Itemid=348]Bankole $1bn Domiciliary Account with UBA: A Sahara Reporters Goof![/url]
2.  The True Story: Of ‘EFCC Discovers $1 billion In Speaker Bankole’s Proxy Account
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2011
Sagamite:

You still have not explained what "any question" is.

Surely if the legislative arm decides to vote whether to Soludo to death for the 5 bank's crisis, it is the responsibility of Bank-Ole to say that is not a matter or "any question" for the legislative and he would not approve it.

So what is "any question" and how come the legislathieves led by a Bank-Ole be voting money to themselves?

Oga Sagamite, I did not write the constitution but to the best of my understanding, 'any question' means any decision the House decides to deliberate upon. My point is that if they decide to commit a crime collectively, the Speaker cannot stop them. His is to acknowledge their decision. He doesn't even possess the power to approve or deny. However, if the law finds that the lawmakers have broken the law, the House should be sued collectively and not the Speaker who did his job according to the law by presiding over the House!
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
bioye:

Oga Sagamite, I did not write the constitution but to the best of my understanding, 'any question' means any decision the House decides to deliberate upon.  My point is that if they decide to commit a crime collectively, the Speaker cannot stop them.  His is to acknowledge their decision.  He doesn't even possess the power to approve or deny.  However, if the law finds that the lawmakers have broken the law, the House should be sued collectively and not the Speaker who did his job according to the law by presiding over the House!

1) I think it is the responsibility of the speaker to guide what can be discussed and if he does not and then approves decision on what should have not been discussed that leads to financial loss for the state and financial gain for him and his fellow thieves, then he is culpable.

2) Even if the legislathieves vote money for themselves, it is Bank-Ole that decided to go to a bank to borrow at a loss to the state. I will need to know whether it is within his powers to be borrowing money (even if the decision of the house qualifies for "any question"wink.

It is clear he approved the milking of Nigeria by legislathieves and he benefited the most! We need to know whether his approval is illegal or was executed (by borrowing) illegally.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by k9ine(m): 9:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
X-factoria,
may God bless u, nd raise more of your kind 4 us.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Rastamann: 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
Where are the Khaki boys? They should do their job.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by qmd24(m): 12:25am On Jun 25, 2011
interesting
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by nduchucks: 1:14am On Jun 25, 2011
X-factoria:

“It was the Accounting Officer of the House of Representatives who advised that the short fall in fund be met by loans to be taken from a commercial bank to meet the funds required"

Note the use of the word advised. The Admin Officer did not approve the taking of the loan. He only advised. Bankole and his so called committee gave authority to the taking of the loan to fund an illegality. The Admin Officer on his own could not have gone to the Bank to take the loan. Besides, the Bank would always require a resolution of the house committee as a condition precedent to drawdown on the loan.

You seem to be implying that if the Admin Officer had approved the taking of the loan, EFCC wouldn't have a case against Bankole!!  This alone indicates that EFCC's case is quite weak and Bankole will be found not quilty with ease. Bankole will have no trouble coming up with his own witnesses who will contradict this EFCC witness, the Admin Office. If anyone believes that the hearsay by the said Admin Officer is sufficient to get Bankole a prison term in Nigeria, then he/she must be naive.

This case has only served as another confirmation that we are ruled by nothing but a bunch of thieves. At best, the supreme court will throw the case out on based on the principles of 'Separation of powers'. The court has no business telling the legislative arm or executive arm how to conduct its constitutionally provided duties.

We all know that the legislators and Bankole robbed us all in this case.  Unfortunately it was a constitutional robbery.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by TM2: 7:20am On Jun 25, 2011
The point has clearly been made. The activities were within a legal bound. The focus should be on fixing a broken system, such that we can prevent people in government and not just assembly members from exploring the flaws. Making Bankole look like the only guilty one is not fair and it wont lead us anywhere useful, the accusers am sure are also guilty of similar offenses. That is the height of face saving hypocrisy. We should all rise to defend our country and her resources - that is if we truly care. It is not yet time to point fingers, the constitution has to be reviewed as a matter of urgency. If a three arm government doesnt work, we can surely try something else.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bay77: 7:28am On Jun 25, 2011
We should all rise to defend our country and her resources - that is if we truly care. It is not yet time to point fingers, the constitution has to be reviewed as a matter of urgency. If a three arm government doesnt work, we can surely try something else.

An African proverb said, if you point 1 finger, 3 or 4 are pointing back at you.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

1) I think it is the responsibility of the speaker to guide what can be discussed and if he does not and then approves decision on what should have not been discussed that leads to financial loss for the state and financial gain for him and his fellow thieves, then he is culpable.

2) Even if the legislathieves vote money for themselves, it is Bank-Ole that decided to go to a bank to borrow at a loss to the state. I will need to know whether it is within his powers to be borrowing money (even if the decision of the house qualifies for "any question"wink.

It is clear he approved the milking of Nigeria by legislathieves and he benefited the most! We need to know whether his approval is illegal or was executed (by borrowing) illegally.

Unfortunately, the Deputy [/b]Speaker [b]Nafada presided on that day because Speaker Bankole was away for an event in Ibadan. FOOD FOR THOUGHT: How come the decision was taken on a day Bankole was not present?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2011
bioye:

Unfortunately, the Deputy [/b]Speaker [b]Nafada presided on that day because Speaker Bankole was away for an event in Ibadan. FOOD FOR THOUGHT: How come the decision was taken on a day Bankole was not present?

is like u knw something, that we all dont know, cause the way u defend, this guy on Nland, is becoming suspicious, please enlighten us, are u related to him, ur his boyfriend?? or ur just being loyal and saying the truth?? no abuse intended. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2011
Donlittle:

is like u knw something, that we all dont know, cause the way u defend, this guy on Nland, is becoming suspicious, please enlighten us, are u related to him, your his boyfriend?? or your just being loyal and saying the truth?? no abuse intended.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

They say: the truth is bitterSome people out there don't want us to know the whole truth.  All I do is state facts that are already in the public domain.  Everybody is rushing to believe Bankole stole N40bn, Bankole has $1bn dollars in his account and so on?  Is that the truth?  Have we been fair to this young man?  Nigerians deserve to know the 2 sides of the storyWe should stand for truth, justice, fairness, and the rule of law at all times.  If I don't do this, my conscience will not let me rest. 

Please, listen to your conscience.  Or is there something within you that is discouraging you from accepting the truth?  Don't be afraid.  You can say it.  Nairalanders are willing to help you.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by WisdomV: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2011
not many people can stand by this type of truth, it is courageous. Allowing people to call you names and all of that, attacking you left right and center. it doesnt matter what your rship is with the accused for as long as you are not misinforming the forum your opinion matters and we are all ears.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 11:50am On Jun 25, 2011
WisdomV:

not many people can stand by this type of truth, it is courageous. Allowing people to call you names and all of that, attacking you left right and center. it doesnt matter what your rship is with the accused for as long as you are not misinforming the forum your opinion matters and we are all ears.

My brother, thanks for the encouragement. You are far too kind.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2011
bioye:

The deputy was in charge? And so?

And when Bank-Ole came back he did not see what was discussed and signed it and went to a bank to borrow money?

How does the fact the deputy presided exonerate him? He is going to feign ignorance? Or he is going to feign a set-up for something he executed? What is the yam and ewa gor-yin for thought there?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by nduchucks: 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
@bioye, I appreciate your effort to tell the other side of the story. Would you be willing to proclaim, with the same amount of vigor, that the action of the legislators including bankole in this case is morally reprehensible, even if 'legal'? Would you sir, be willing to admit that the said action by the legislators and Bankole is morally equivalent to theft, albeit 'legal'?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@bioye, I appreciate your effort to tell the other side of the story.  Would you be willing to proclaim, with the same amount of vigor, that the action of the legislators including bankole in this case is morally reprehensible, even if 'legal'? Would you sir, be willing to admit that the said action by the legislators and Bankole is morally equivalent to theft, albeit 'legal'?
Actually, as far as I know, the 6th House of Representatives broke the law by increasing allowances for 358 of the 360 members of House of Representatives.  This is because according to the constitution, only RMAFC is empowered by law to do so.  This collective action is morally wrong and illegal.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by WisdomV: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
All of them should answer Nigerians and tell us why their allowances should be so much, to start with. 360 people living on a revenue that can provide health services to millions of other Nigerians. And they are all keeping quiet, since one man is going to suffer the sins of all.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
Meeen NL is big business o

see as our politicians all have mouthpieces on nl
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2011
oyb:

Meeen NL is big business o

see as our politicians all have mouthpieces on nl
Mr. wise, how smart of you to figure that out. Oya, run. Come and collect your trophy!
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by nduchucks: 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
bioye:

Actually, as far as I know, the 6th House of Representatives broke the law by increasing allowances for 358 of the 360 members of House of Representatives. This is because according to the constitution, only RMAFC is empowered by law to do so. This collective action is morally wrong and illegal.

Your statement that the 6th House of Representatives broke the law by increasing allowances for 358 of the 360 members of House of Representatives can be easily debunked in court. Let's take a quick look at section 84 fo the constitution:

84. (1) There shall be paid to the holders of the offices mentioned in this section such remuneration, salaries and allowances as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, but not exceeding the amount as shall have been determined by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.

According to the constitution, the National Assembly has the constitutional duty to prescribe salaries and remuneration of members of the House of Representatives. The duties of RMAFC, is to set a limit which the NASS should not exceed. RMAFC does not have the authority to increase or decrease allowances or other remunerations.

Based on what is reported in this case, Bankole and NASS did not spend more than the limit established by RMAFC.  (1)NASS voted to increase allowances - a constitutional act (2)NASS did not pay its members a penny over the limit established by RMAFC (from government funds/budget)  -  RMAFC has no authority whatsoever on how the said loan proceeds were spent by Bankole and others.

EFCC goofed here, I'm sorry to say that Bankole and the 6th House of Reps have perpetrated one of the biggest 419 in history. These people deserve to be shot, if I may quote Sanusi.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by WisdomV: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2011
How saint is Sanusi? He recently planted someone in my company's board for us to get cbn lincense for a project, he should be shot, too.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by bioye(m): 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Your statement that the 6th House of Representatives broke the law by increasing allowances for 358 of the 360 members of House of Representatives can be easily debunked in court. Let's take a quick look at section 84 fo the constitution:

84. (1) There shall be paid to the holders of the offices mentioned in this section such remuneration, salaries and allowances as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, but not exceeding the amount as shall have been determined by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.

According to the constitution, the National Assembly has the constitutional duty to prescribe salaries and remuneration of members of the House of Representatives. The duties of RMAFC, is to set a limit which the NASS should not exceed. RMAFC does not have the authority to increase or decrease allowances or other remunerations.

Based on what is reported in this case, Bankole and NASS did not spend more than the limit established by RMAFC.  (1)NASS voted to increase allowances - a constitutional act (2)NASS did not pay its members a penny over the limit established by RMAFC (from government funds/budget)  -  RMAFC has no authority whatsoever on how the said loan proceeds were spent by Bankole and others.

EFCC goofed here, I'm sorry to say that Bankole and the 6th House of Reps have perpetrated one of the biggest 419 in history. These people deserve to be shot, if I may quote Sanusi.

Ha! Your argument is quite logical. But I hesitate to accept it as sacrosanct. If you were to suggest an amendment to correct this loophole in the constitution, what would it be?

Also, what you are inadvertently saying in conclusion is that ONLY after the Presidency signs the budget and disburses the allowances (for last year and this year) to the House while exceeding the limit set by RMAFC does it becomes a crime. And the criminal by law here would be the Presidency and the Presidency alone?

If the legislators have not broken the law, why should they be shot? Because they were morally wrong though legally right? That is where I would ultimately disagree with you.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You need to provide more clarity.

What was the limit set by RMAFC and what was the allocation implemented by NASS?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by MaiSuya(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagamite:

What was the limit set by RMAFC and what was the allocation implemented by NASS?

I'm not sure what the guy is driving at.

functions of RMAFC:

(a) monitor the accruals to and disbursement of revenue from the Federation Account;

(b) review, from time to time, the revenue allocation formulae and principles in operation to ensure conformity with changing realities.

Provided that any revenue formula which has been accepted by an Act of the National Assembly shall remain in force for a period of not less than five years from the date of commencement of the Act;

(c) advise the Federal and State Governments on fiscal efficiency and methods by which their revenue can be increased;

[size=14pt](d) determine the remuneration appropriate for political office holders, including the President, Vice-President, Governors, Deputy Governors, Ministers, Commissioners, Special Advisers, Legislators and the holders of the offices mentioned in sections 84 and 124 of this Constitution; and[/size]

(e) discharge such other functions as are conferred on the Commission by this Constitution or any Act of the National Assembly.

what then is the amount determined by the RMAFC for NASS members?

from the horses mouth:

The RMAFC Chairman, Mr. Elias Mbam, made this known at an interactive session between the nation’s anti-graft agencies and members of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Mbam said, “We have heard a lot said about the emoluments of legislators; some say it is N15m per month. The monthly emolument of a senator is N1.06m; that of a member of the House is[b] N794,000[/b] before any deductions are made.

which means, according to 32(d) of the third schedule of the constitution, any member earning a kobo above what has been set by the RMAFC is doing so illegally, in other words, STEALING!
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by MaiSuya(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2011
moreover the fact that it was a loan and not taken directly from fed acct the doesn't obviate the fact the house members, under Banky, approved and got for themselves remunerations above what RMAFC had determined.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
We need to know the specific legislator that raised the motion to award themselves.

Does anyone know who it was?

Who sponsored/raised the issue?
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by nduchucks: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
bioye:
Ha!  Your argument is quite logical. But I hesitate to accept it as sacrosanct.  If you were to suggest an amendment to correct this loophole in the constitution, what would it be?  
Even if the constitution is amended, determined thieves would still be able to find another loophole. What we have to do as a nation is to find ways to elect credible people to represent us in Abuja.

Also, what you are inadvertently saying in conclusion is that ONLY after the Presidency signs the budget and disburses the allowances (for last year and this year) to the House while exceeding the limit set by RMAFC does it becomes a crime.  And the criminal by law here would be the Presidency and the Presidency alone?
That’s not what I am saying at all. The constitution is clear, If Anyone/body/agency e.t.c, pays to the members of the House of Assembly such remuneration, salaries and allowances as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, and if the amount paid exceeds the amount as determined by RMAFC, that would be a crime. The funds paid by default is expected to be part of the national budget – not from my personal account or any loan obtained by the National Assembly (the loan is not part of the budget and RMAFC has no say on its spending).

If the legislators have not broken the law, why should they be shot? Because they were morally wrong though legally right?  That is where I would ultimately disagree with you.
Hehehe, haba Malam, You should agree with me 100%. What I am saying (and I believe you know), is that if the EFCC operatives get of their a$ses and do their jobs, they can easily find real financial crimes committed by most of these people. Don’t ask me for proof, ask EFCC. If you do not believe what I’ve said then you are in the minority of Nigerians.  

Sagamite:

The so-called running cost of members was N27million per member per quarter (needless to say this was the maximum limit established by RMAFC – they didn’t have to pay each member this maximum amount, but that is what they did).
As greed set it, members threatened Bankole with impeachment if he does not go along with their 419 plan, so they all agreed to increase the running cost to N42million per member per quarter.
If at this point if they had paid themselves with government funds (afterall they are charged with appropriations, so they can find the money from other government programs), then they would have been in violation of section 84 of the constitution. Their 419 solution – obtain a loan, share the money and claim that they were carrying out their duties and because of the separation of powers principles, the judiciary and the executive branches can go to blazes.
By now, Nigerians should have been protesting by the hundreds of thousands in front of NASS. Being idol-thief worshipers and cowards, Nigerians have not taken any action.
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by nduchucks: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
Mai Suya:

moreover the fact that it was a loan and not taken directly from fed acct the doesn't obviate the fact the house members, under Banky, approved and got for themselves remunerations above what RMAFC had determined.

Indeed!! As a legal matter, they'll probably argue that they had the constitutional right to do just that. What they cannot do is pay themselves more than limit set by RMAFC with proceeds from the budget. Barawos
Re: N38b: No Court Can Try Me - Bankole; Demands Apology From Farida by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The so-called running cost of members was N27million per member per quarter (needless to say this was the maximum limit established by RMAFC – they didn’t have to pay each member this maximum amount, but that is what they did).
As greed set it, members threatened Bankole with impeachment if he does not go along with their 419 plan, so they all agreed to increase the running cost to N42million per member per quarter.
If at this point if they had paid themselves with government funds (afterall they are charged with appropriations, so they can find the money from other government programs), then they would have been in violation of section 84 of the constitution. Their 419 solution – obtain a loan, share the money and claim that they were carrying out their duties and because of the separation of powers principles, the judiciary and the executive branches can go to blazes.
By now, Nigerians should have been protesting by the hundreds of thousands in front of NASS. Being idol-thief worshipers and cowards, Nigerians have not taken any action.

If they are awarding themselves more than the RMAFC limit through loans, who repays the loan?

The politicians or the government?

If it is the government, they are still breaking the law by exceeding the limit, init?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Can't Be Alternative To APC- Oyegun / Presidential Amnesty Administrator, Otuaro Pays Courtesy Visit To COAS, Lagbaja / The Difference Between Gej's Declaration Crowd And Buhari's Declaration Crowd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.