Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,731 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... (1271 Views)

Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones? / Who Still Has Memories Of These Nokia Phones? (Photo) / I Regret Buying Nokia 3.1 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by NuclearReactor: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2022
So I've used 2 Nokia phones now and my experience with both has been the same - Self developed Problems with charging or Faulty charging panel... This issue is WIDESPREAD!!
My first Nokia phone, Nokia 5.1 plus, stated developing charging issues- charging slowly, partial contact,etc after 7 months, I dumped it and got a Redmi phone, after my Redmi phone was stolen I got a Nokia 1.4.
It's just been barely 5 months after I got this Nokia 1.4 and it just started charging extremely slow, like freaking slow, I mean 2 and half hours and only 15% charged!! I first tried changing the charging port but nothing changed, the repairer recommended swapping the entire charging panel.
I have a next door neighbor who uses Nokia 6.1plus and has changed his charging panel countless times!!
Lucky for him it's a popular model, unfortunately for me when I took my phone to a repairer, I searched an entire phone plaza and couldn't find the charging panel of Nokia 1.4, gosh I don't have cash to get a new phone now...
Funny enough the person repairing my phone has had 2 different cases of Nokia phones with faulty charging panels, one had to dump the phone with him. I know another friend who's phone also started charging extremely slow, luckily for him, the repairer that fixed his phone had his phone as scrap so he swapped the charging panel
The thing is this issue is WIDESPREAD and it's EXTREMELY PAINFUL to have your phone go bad due to a quality control issue especially when the parts to replace it are scarce and you don't have cash to replace your phone...
This post is not aimed at hurting the brand but to WARN others, don't buy Nokia Phones until they fix the quality control issues with their charging panels or they flood the market with subsidized replacement charging panels!!
Lalasticalala dragnet this issue is WIDESPREAD let others know and be cautious
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by Siberia01(m): 9:50am On Feb 09, 2022

Nokia corrected that issue from 2021 upwards
Yes I'm using a Nokia X20
For 6 months now no issues whatsoever!
Previously used Nokia 7.2 still didn't experience that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by NuclearReactor: 10:12am On Feb 09, 2022
Siberia01:

Nokia corrected that issue from 2021 upwards
Yes I'm using a Nokia X20
For 6 months now no issues whatsoever!
Previously used Nokia 7.2 still didn't experience that
What about those who are using older models... the painful thing is that the panels of those models are not easy to find in the market...
So let them make more replacement parts those older models!!
Nokia 1.4 is a 2021 phone!!
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by lashout1: 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
I used Nokia 8, had same charging issue, but if I clean the port with mentholated spirit, the problem goes off, and starts after some months.
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by Mkayfrenzy(m): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
I've been using my Nokia 3.4 for more than a year now and it has never for once given me an issue

2 Likes

Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by wenogodie2: 11:09am On Feb 10, 2022
Nokia phones are totally wack. They lost the 3310 glory a long time ago.

I'll never buy a Nokia phone ever again.
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by paltielx: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Nokia phones are still very good, it was ther former phones that some people complained of charging port issues, new models are problem free
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by biroo: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hmmm, these are things we never heard during the 3310,3320 or Lumia era, things change sha, for the time being let me just be flexing my tecno phone in peace.
Re: DON'T, STOP Buying Nokia Phones, Until... by Siberia01(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
wenogodie2:
Nokia phones are totally wack. They lost the 3310 glory a long time ago.

I'll never buy a Nokia phone ever again.
Nobody cares

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Tecno Camon 18 Premier / Samsung Note 10 Plus Forsale / Plz I Need New Etv Code.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.