Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

“I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. (2301 Views)

Orduen Takema Slumps And Dies Few Hours After He Buried His Cousin / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 10:28am On Feb 09, 2022
On or around 13th November, 2020, the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, stood history on its head in his interview with Ovation Magazine Publisher, Dele Momodu, when he told the world that he is not Igbo.

Before that infamous interview, Wike had sent a dispatch of military troops to Obigbo to wreak havoc and cause both economic, physical and psychological trauma to residents of that area.

It was in defense of the atrocities committed by the military at Obigbo and his role therewith, that Wike granted the infamous interview and argued that no one should accuse him of killing his fellow Igbos since he was not Igbo himself.

Prior to military invasion of Obigbo and the statement, Wike had found his greatest political support base among the Igbos.

Ndigbo was rallied around Wike because they saw him as one of theirs until he chose to stand logic and history on its head.

But don’t we all know why he did it?

Wike had thought that denying Igbos would ingratiate him to the north and increase his political capital but that didn’t happen.

If anything, VAT war and demolition of mosque has further damaged his reputation up north.

Now, as the 2023 elections draw closer, Wike has been running from Pillar to post shouting with his coarse voice, how things should be in PDP but we all know he wants the PDP ticket.

But the question is, who will vote for him?

Ndigbo will not vote for him. But wouldn’t have minded him taking our slot in 2023 if he had not made that foolish statement.

The north will not vote for him.

Yoruba are queuing behind Tinubu or Osinbajo or whichever Yoruba.

That restricts Wike’s only hope of votes or delegates to Ikwerre or maybe the entire Rivers if they so love him. But that’s even during primaries because in the main elections, Ikwerre and Rivers vote will be shared between him and Amaechi; especially if Amaechi gets APC ticket.

So, there you have it. We said it then that Wike dug his political grave by that statement but some section of the country urged him, now the chicken has come home to roost.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mAILTzh440

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by udele1: 10:31am On Feb 09, 2022

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Simdyofficial(f): 10:35am On Feb 09, 2022
Wike political career is gone!!! He should probably be employed by tinubu to start agbero work in one street in Lagos. Which ticket are you talking about? He will want to be senator come 2023. His boys will do the work. It will work. That's Nigeria for you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by udele1: 10:37am On Feb 09, 2022
Simdyofficial:
Wike political career is gone!!! He should probably be employed by tinubu to start agbero work in one street in Lagos. Which ticket are you talking about? He will want to be senator come 2023. His boys will do the work. It will work. That's Nigeria for you

Its better he sacrifice his political career than sacrifice his people to canibals.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Felimax(m): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2022
Wike does not need your vote to be president.
The man said he is not Igbo and so what? People will not hear word again!
The Igbos are the very reason they have been so sidelined in the affairs of this country despite their robust political intelligence it has yielded no tangible result.
Instead of you to reason how you will tilt to a region that will favour you as you have been begging to have the presidential slot from both parties you are here trying to malign Wike.
No, Wike should give you Port Harcourt and the entire South so that you can spew your IPOB nonsense, kill and destroy government officials and property with reckless abandon.
With all the sit at home and destruction in the East what have gotten from that?
Please leave Wike alone, he remains the people's governor.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Aboks(m): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2022
Ok
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Laggafin: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2022
For me de day he buried his career was the obi igbo masacre .. that stain will haunt him for life

4 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Dhury: 10:49am On Feb 09, 2022
Who been ibo cannibalist help? Mandi kwanu ?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by gidgiddy: 10:50am On Feb 09, 2022
His political career ended the day he sent troops to Obigbo

Him saying he is not Igbo is irrelevant, he wont be the first Ikwerre man to say so

6 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by jyz200(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:
On or around 13th November, 2020, the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, stood history on its head in his interview with Ovation Magazine Publisher, Dele Momodu, when he told the world that he is not Igbo.

Before that infamous interview, Wike had sent a dispatch of military troops to Obigbo to wreak havoc and cause both economic, physical and psychological trauma to residents of that area.

It was in defense of the atrocities committed by the military at Obigbo and his role therewith, that Wike granted the infamous interview and argued that no one should accuse him of killing his fellow Igbos since he was not Igbo himself.

Prior to military invasion of Obigbo and the statement, Wike had found his greatest political support base among the Igbos.

Ndigbo was rallied around Wike because they saw him as one of theirs until he chose to stand logic and history on its head.

Wike had thought that denying Igbos would ingratiate him to the north and increase his political capital but that didn’t happen.

If anything, VAT war and demolition of mosque has further damaged his reputation up north.

Now, as the 2023 elections draw closer, Wike has been running from Pillar to post shouting with his coarse voice, how things should be in PDP but we all know he wants the PDP ticket.

Ndigbo will not vote for him. But wouldn’t have minded him taking our slot in 2023 if he had not made that foolish statement.

That restricts Wike’s only hope of votes or delegates to Ikwerre or maybe the entire Rivers if they so love him. But that’s even during primaries because in the main elections, Ikwerre and Rivers vote will be shared between him and Amaechi; especially if Amaechi gets APC ticket.

So, there you have it. We said it then that Wike dug his political grave by that statement but some section of the country urged him, now the chicken has come home to roost.

Either you vote for him or not
He won’t still win
So what’s the essence cool

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Tingotoe: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

And where did you get this absurd notion that you or any other ethnic group for that matter has a slot? Even the Yorubas are screaming that they have a 'presidential slot' in 2023. There is no slot for any ethnic group, every Nigerian citizen who meets the constitutional requirements has the right to contest period!

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Ekpeitit(m): 11:17am On Feb 09, 2022
WIKE IS A VERY SMART MAN,HE KNOWS NOBODY WILL VOTE FOR AN IGBO MAN.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 11:28am On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
And where did you get this absurd notion that you or any other ethnic group for that matter has a slot? Even the Yorubas are screaming that they have a 'presidential slot' in 2023. There is no slot for any ethnic group, every Nigerian citizen who meets the constitutional requirements has the right to contest period!

So, if you are asked how to better manage a heterogeneous society like Nigeria, and make its elections less chaotic, you would argue that for every election cycle, every “capable” Nigerian can vie for any post?

And if I ask you, you would say it is “the principle of democracy”.

But I ask you, is “Democratic principles” cast in stone?

Was it not a human like you with brains that defined what the principles of democracy should be?

If you claim to be intelligent and learned, should you not deconstructe those principles and redefine them to suit the demands of your local society?

Must you forever cling to white man’s definition of democracy?

If “capable” Nigerians who come from the tribe with higher population continue to take power, do you not think that it won’t be long before other people start to revolt?

Do you even know what led to creation of states?

I’m sure if you were asked then, you would say states should not be created along homogeneous ethnic societies and let the region with higher population keep producing “capable” governors for the states.

Is the deficiency of your line of argument clear to you now or you still wanna argue?

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Tingotoe: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

So, if you are asked how to better manage a heterogeneous society like Nigeria, and make its elections less chaotic, you would argue that for every election cycle, every “capable” Nigerian can vie for any post?

And if I ask you, you would say it is “the principle of democracy”.

But I ask you, is “Democratic principles” cast in stone?

Was it not a human like you with brains that defined what the principles of democracy should be?

If you claim to be intelligent and learned, should you not deconstructe those principles and redefine them to suit the demands of your local society?

Must you forever cling to white man’s definition of democracy?

If “capable” Nigerians who come from the tribe with higher population continue to take power, do you not think that it won’t be long before other people start to revolt?

Do you even know what led to creation of states?

I’m sure if you were asked then, you would say states should not be created along homogeneous ethnic societies and let the region with higher population keep producing “capable” governors for the states.

Is the deficiency of your line of argument clear to you now or you still wanna argue?
All these rants cannot LEGALLY prevent any Nigeria citizen from exercising his or her right to contest fro the presidency, and until the constitution is amended to insert a zoning clause, it's free for all. Period!

4 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
All these rants cannot LEGALLY prevent any Nigeria citizen from exercising his or her right to contest fro the presidency, and until the constitution is amended to insert a zoning clause, it's free for all. Period!

Ranting…

Well, I didn’t expect you had the mental capacity to give intelligent response to the points I raised and I wasn’t wrong.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Tingotoe: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Ranting…

Well, I didn’t expect you had the mental capacity to give intelligent response to the points I raised and I wasn’t wrong.
From a legal standpoint all the issues raised are nothing but rants. Your 'intelligent' arse will get kicked out of any law court should you raise your any of your intelligent stupid opinions there. The presidency is free for all

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Michelle70(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2022
Simdyofficial:
is there any igbo politician as powerful as Wike?

7 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Hundredfold4lif(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Why is Woke so important to you guys? You hate him but can't sleep without him! He is your nightmare!
Leave him alone and move on!
You are not different from FULANI who want all tribes come under it's leadership!

4 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
From a legal standpoint all the issues raised are nothing but rants. Your 'intelligent' arse will get kicked out of any law court should you raise your any of your intelligent stupid opinions there. The presidency is free for all

Of course, you are making this argument today because it favours your interest.

I’m sure you didn’t make this argument in 2015 or in 2007 after Obasanjo was done.
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Tingotoe: 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Of course, you are making this argument today because it favours your interest.

I’m sure you didn’t make this argument in 2015 or in 2007 after Obasanjo was done.
In 2007 all ethnic groups contested for the presidency including SE and SS governors but OBJ ensured that Yaradua got the PDP ticket, in 2015 Jonathan contested the presidency ad lost so I don't know where your sense of entitlement is coming from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
In 2007 all ethnic groups contested for the presidency including SE and SS governors but OBJ ensured that Yaradua got the PDP ticket, in 2015 Jonathan contested the presidency ad lost so I don't know where your sense of entitlement is coming from

My sense of ‘entitlement’ is coming from the fact that even though every Nigerian has always contested in those elections, things have always been tilted to work out for the region that should get it and same should be done in 2023 or you kiss your Nigeria goodbye.
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Kingof2nations(m): 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Seriously for critical observers given Wike currently influence in PDP and with the likes of Umahi in APC Wike would have still enjoy his strong base among Igbos and South East in particular, but with that statement, a very careless one for that matter. Any national position he's going for it will be used against him.
Today he keeps emphasizing party not knowing that Nigerians don't do party politics but ethnic politics and that regard Igbo is major ethnic group in Nigeria unfortunately that cannot be said of ekwere people in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Tingotoe: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

My sense of ‘entitlement’ is coming from the fact that even though every Nigerian has always contested in those elections, things have always been tilted to work out for the region that should get it and same should be done in 2023 or you kiss your Nigeria goodbye.
The presidency will be contested by anyone who feels like it and only one man or woman will emerge as winner. The country will remain as it is regardless. You can't blackmail the rest of us into handing over the presidency on a platter, you will have to contest and win

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Ojiofor: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Wike has dugged his political grave because he was visionary enough in dealing with IPOB terrorism which was still in infant stage then.
If SE leaders were as proactive as Wike we won't be having sit to home and other atrocities happening today in Igboland.
Forget Wike's political career and focus on SE leaders.

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
The presidency will be contested by anyone who feels like it and only one man or woman will emerge as winner. The country will remain as it is regardless. You can't blackmail the rest of us into handing over the presidency on a platter, you will have to contest and win

Who said power must be fought for and grabbed? Even when the most sensible thing to do is ensure a seamless process of power change?

Look at Monarchies that have line of succession, do they have to struggle and grab it because it’s power?
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Penguin2: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ojiofor:

Wike has dugged his political grave because he was visionary enough in dealing with IPOB terrorism which was still in infant stage then.
If SE leaders were as proactive as Wike we won't be having sit to home and other atrocities happening today in Igboland.
Forget Wike's political career and focus on SE leaders.

In all these, you guys have not answered my question…

Where is Wike’s political base now?

In his recent quest for presidency, where is his base?
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Wazobia2216: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Dhury:
Who been ibo cannibalist help? Mandi kwanu ?

Cannibals you love to stay with.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by techWriter3: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
[s]Its better he devotion his political tenure than devotion his folks to canibals.[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by oyatz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
gidgiddy:
His political career ended the day he sent troops to Obigbo

Him saying he is not Igbo is irrelevant, he wont be the first Ikwerre man to say so

What is next in his political career and why do you think you are in-charge of Wike's political career?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Ojiofor: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

In all these, you guys have not answered my question…

Where is Wike’s political base now?

In his recent quest for presidency, where is his base?

Why are you concerned about him?
If he failed in his presidential ambition is he not still better than you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by BosseJ: 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
Op stop disgracing Igbo people. It's not a must for Wike to claim Igbo ethnicity for validation. To claim Igbo is not by force. A man can be whomsoever he chooses to be. Stop this foolishness abeg.

3 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Igbo”: The Day Nyesom Wike Buried His Political Career. by Ayed44: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
Penguin2:

Nobody can be from two tribes at the same time. Wike is an ikwerre, and he cannot be an Ikwerre and an Igbo at the same time.

Igbo is a nice tribe, but please stop forcing people to be Igbo. PLEASE!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Aspirants In Rivers Agree On Consensus / Reactions As Man Declared Himself Omo Ale For Supporting Obi / Ekwunife Makes U-turn Backs Obi After Calling Him Kindergarten President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.