Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible (475 Views)

Refutations Of World Religions: The Bible Vs. Other "Holy" Books / Allah In Hausa Bible- A plot to deceive the gullible / Finally Allah Is Removed From Hausa Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by AntiChristian: 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
The first miracle as being done by Jesus was that of turning water to wine. In the Hausa Bible, "Wine" was translated as "Grape Juice" as Hausas hate the word "wine" which is synonymous to alcoholic drink.

The Wedding at Cana from John 2:1-11
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and His disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine ran out, Jesus’ mother said to Him, “They have no more wine.” “Woman, why does this concern us? ” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever He tells you.”…Now six stone water jars had been set there for the Jewish rites of purification. Each could hold from twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled them to the brim. “Now draw some out,” He said, “and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not know where it was from, but the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone serves the fine wine first, and then the cheap wine after the guests are drunk. But you have saved the fine wine until now!” Jesus performed this, the first of His signs, at Cana in Galilee.

Now from the context above especially that in red, the word translated to drunk is methysthōsin which means to be intoxicated with wine, be drunk. From another form of methe; to drink to intoxication, i.e. Get drunk as described on the website https://biblehub.com/john/2-10.htm

Do Grape Juice/Non-Alcoholic wines make people drunk?

Hausa Translation of John 2:1-10= Yahya 2-1-10
Biki a Kana ta Galili
1A rana ta uku sai aka yi bikin aure a Kana ta ƙasar Galili. Mahaifiyar Yesu kuwa tana nan, 2aka kuma gayyaci Yesu da almajiransa. 3Da ruwan inabi ya gaza, mahaifiyar Yesu ta ce masa, “Ba su da sauran ruwan inabi.” 4Yesu ya ce mata, “Iya, ai, wannan magana ba taki ba ce. Lokacina bai yi ba tukuna.” 5Sai mahaifiyar Yesu ta ce wa barorin, “Duk abin da ya ce ku yi, sai ku yi.” 6A wurin kuwa akwai randuna shida na dutse a ajijjiye, bisa ga al'adar Yahudawa ta tsarkakewa, kowacce tana cin wajen tulu shida shida. 7Sai Yesu ya ce musu, “Ku cika randunan nan da ruwa.” Suka ciccika su fal. 8Sa'an nan ya ce musu, “To, yanzu ku ɗiba, ku kai wa uban bikin.” Sai suka kai. 9Da uban bikin ya kurɓi ruwan da yanzu aka mayar ruwan inabi, bai kuwa san inda aka samo shi ba (amma barorin da suka ɗebo ruwan sun sani), ya yi magana da ango, 10ya ce, “Kowa, ai, kyakkyawan ruwan inabi yakan fara bayarwa, bayan mutane sun shassha, sa'an nan kuma ya kawo wanda ya gaza na farin kyau. Amma kai ka ɓoye kyakkyawan ruwan inabin sai yanzu!”

In the Bible verses above, we have this verse:
'When the WINE was all gone, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no more WINE" ' John 2:3
Translating this to Hausa, the Christians said:

Da RUWAN INABI ya gaza, uwar Yesu tace masa, "Ba su da sauran RUWAN INABI"' Yahya 2:3

In all majestic glory, wine = ruwan inabi. In order to understand this, we need to break this down.
Ruwa = water
Inabi = Grape
s

If you hand a glass of liquid to a typical Hausa man, and tell him it is ruwan inabi, the first thing that will come to his mind is that you got some grapes, mashed and squeezed its liquid into the glass, which of course is grape juice. But we all know that wine ain't grape juice.
The dilemma the missionary had in Hausa land was that you cannot say that God, or a Prophet of God turned water into wine, because wine, bear or anything alcoholic in known as GIYA. If you start preaching that:

'Da GIYA ya gaza, uwar Yesu tace masa, "Ba su da sauran GIYA" ' Yahya 2:3
Nobody will listen to you. Hence wine turned into grape juice in the Hausa Bible.

Further more, if you stop any random Hausa dude or 'dudess' on the street and ask them if they know what ruwan inabi is, you will be met with a look of confusion on their faces because:

1) Grapes are not common in Hausa land until very recently, which makes them very expensive unless it is now being grown in Hausa land which will bring the price down. And for that reason, it does not have a Hausa name, the name inabi is actually Arabic, inab.
2) Hausas are not much into the business of making juice. If you go into any typical Hausa setting, all fruits are eaten. Oranges are squeezed directly into the mouth, mangoes are eaten and so on.

So the concept of juice in itself is foreign in a typical Hausa setting, so handing a glass of liquid to a Hausa man and telling him it is 'Grape Water' is criminally deceptive, especially since there is a 99.9% probability that he is a Muslim.

So it can be concluded that the wine common back then makes them drunk which means its alcoholic.
Also that "Ruwan inabi" used for "wine" in the Hausa Bible is a gimmick to deceive Hausas in to accepting Jesus turning water to Grape water which is not the context of the verses of the Bible. Hausas no dey drink wine. They know wine dey shack.....

Credits to Mallam Hamid Al-Hassan Hamid for the extract in bold Blue
cc: jesusjnr2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by illicit(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
It was wine, Alcoholic

Archaeologists have explained the process wine was made at Jesus time and unearthed relics

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by Felimax(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
As usual.

A thread of alcoholics lying against Jesus to justify their inclination to drink alcohol.

Even a billion of you cannot change the fact that Jesus turned the water into non-alcoholic wine, but keep deceiving yourselves if the lies justifies you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by cornelboy(f): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
Matthew 11:18-19
[18]For John didn’t spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’
[19]The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.”

Even jesus sipped his alcoholic wine.

Bible never said drinking is a sin, only getting drunk is sin.

jesusjnr2020:
As usual.

A thread of alcoholics lying against Jesus to justify their inclination to drink alcohol.

Even a billion of you cannot change the fact that Jesus turned the water into non-alcoholic wine, but keep deceiving yourselves if the lies justifies you.

6 Likes

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
Of course it's alcoholic! smiley
Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Feb 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Of course it's alcoholic! smiley

No wonder JWs sabi drink!

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

No wonder JWs sabi drink!

Of course i love merriments where drinks are available, our God doesn't condemn drinking of alcoholic beverages (though some of us don't take alcoholic at all because they feel they often mess things up after taking it but they will never speak against those taking it moderately) it's overdoing anything that our God condemns! Deuteronomy 14:26

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by elated177: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Of course i love merriments where drinks are available, our God doesn't condemn drinking of alcoholic beverages (though some of us don't take alcoholic at all because they feel they often mess things up after taking it but they will never speak against those taking it moderately) it's overdoing anything that our God condemns! Deuteronomy 14:26

Thanks! smiley

Onye mmeme! Ehehehehe! Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, never condemned the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. My Father in heaven, my God, does not condemn the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. He is against drunkenness. Every reasonable person knows that drunkenness can lead to a lot of bad occurrences.

So, maxindhouse, I agree with your assertions above. We have had our differences and will still have our differences whenever and wherever necessary, but in this case, I agree with you.

What we are asking for are original, healthy and good quality alcoholic beverages.

To the saints, servants and messengers of YHVH Almighty - Yahushua the Messiah - if you abstain from alcoholic beverages, you have not committed and are not committing any sin. If you drink in moderation, you are not committing any sin. Abstain from drunkenness.

Deut 14:22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of YHVH your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere YHVH your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by YHVH your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where YHVH will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place YHVH your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of YHVH your God and rejoice.

Psalm 104: 14 He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate—bringing forth food from the earth: 15 wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts.

Matthew 11: 16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17 “‘We played the pipe for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not mourn.’

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Indeed, wisdom is proved right by her deeds.

E Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:02am On Feb 12, 2022
I never typed for anyone to agree, it's what the faithful and discreet from Jesus taught me that i'm saying so whether you agree or not is none of my business! cheesy

elated177:

Onye mmeme! Ehehehehe! Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, never condemned the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. My Father in heaven, my God, does not condemn the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. He is against drunkenness. Every reasonable person knows that drunkenness can lead to a lot of bad occurrences.

So, maxindhouse, I agree with your assertions above. We have had our differences and will still have our differences whenever and wherever necessary, but in this case, I agree with you.

What we are asking for are original, healthy and good quality alcoholic beverages.

To the saints, servants and messengers of YHVH Almighty - Yahushua the Messiah - if you abstain from alcoholic beverages, you have not committed and are not committing any sin. If you drink in moderation, you are not committing any sin. Abstain from drunkenness.

Deut 14:22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of YHVH your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere YHVH your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by YHVH your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where YHVH will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place YHVH your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of YHVH your God and rejoice.

Psalm 104: 14 He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate—bringing forth food from the earth: 15 wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts.

Matthew 11: 16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17 “‘We played the pipe for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not mourn.’

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Indeed, wisdom is proved right by her deeds.

E Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by elated177: 11:18am On Feb 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
I never typed for anyone to agree, it's what the faithful and discreet from Jesus taught me that i'm saying so whether you agree or not is none of my business! cheesy

Very true. A man of truth, such as myself, who seeks the honour of the One who sent him and not his own honour, recognizes and acknowledges scriptural truth whenever and wherever he sees it, irrespective of who says it. There is nothing false about me, Elated177.

John 7: 17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from YHVH or whether I speak on my own. 18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Was Jesus's Wine Alcoholic Or Non-alcoholic? English Bible Vs Hausa Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Whatever! cheesy

elated177:

Very true. A man of truth, such as myself, who seeks the honour of the One who sent him and not his own honour, recognizes and acknowledges scriptural truth whenever and wherever he sees it, irrespective of who says it. There is nothing false about me, Elated177.

John 7: 17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from YHVH or whether I speak on my own. 18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!

(1) (Reply)

Would You Dump Your Religion For $1million? / Video: Only Useless Women Ask For Transport Money – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo / Amazing Grace Messages 2022: Dealing With Invisible Battles By Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.