Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,271 members, 7,853,329 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting (4778 Views)

Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by ak47mann(m): 3:03am On Jun 24, 2011
grin grin musiwa will kill person,
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EzeUche1(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2011
ak47mann:

grin grin musiwa will kill person,

He is funny!

But there is truth in his words.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Musiwa52: 3:09am On Jun 24, 2011
the issue is people are looking at what they will benefit and dont speak up against injustice.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EkoIle1: 3:22am On Jun 24, 2011
Musiwa,,,:

the issue is people are looking at what they will benefit and dont speak up against injustice.

Dude,

I thought you have your own thread to post all these crap in?
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 24, 2011
Eko Ile:

Dude,

I thought you have your own thread to post all these crap in?

Not the same person.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EkoIle1: 3:25am On Jun 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not the same person.

For real?

This is really silly,
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 24, 2011
^^^ Just ignore him/her.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by ektbear: 3:48am On Jun 24, 2011
When did a vote for Awo become a vote for Mama Awo?

Who chose her as leader, and when?
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EzeUche1(m): 3:56am On Jun 24, 2011
ekt_bear:

Who chose her as leader, and when?

Oto!

Respect your elders!
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 24, 2011
EzeUche!:

Oto!

Respect your elders!

You should respect ekt bear, he's your senior, you know.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by CuteTj(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2011
Mama HID @ 96 years our leader? No disrespect to her but if she is my grandma, i'll tell her to go and sit down and be jeun omo-ing instead of frolicking wit PDP. Mama is just overated.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by ektbear: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2011
CuteTj:

Mama HID @ 96 years our leader? No disrespect to her but if she is my grandma, i'll tell her to go and sit down and be jeun omo-ing instead of frolicking wit PDP

My own aged grandmother is relaxing and enjoying life, playing with her family, involved in her church ministry.

Even if someone had selected her as leader (which they did not), at some point, doesn't the older generation have to yield to the younger one?
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by dayokanu(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2011
If Yorubas wanted Obafemi Awolowo It didnt extend to HIV Awolowo.

Just like Americans choose Bill but not Hillary.

Am not sure Winnie Mandela would be soo popular in RSA

Let HIV and the Awolowos continue their dance with Yoruba outcasts

Crying General Diya, Abacha Politician Babatope and Jakande, Useless Taofeek Arapaja, Irrelevant Femi Aduwo etc
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by playmode(m): 8:17am On Jun 24, 2011
While i do not trust Tinubu 100% ,i think the Awolowo family are starting to disgrace their name in public.This yeye should should know better and stay our of politics.If TINUBU does not want to affiliate or pay respect to yeye ,that is his right as a citizen of this country.No one can force another person to pay homage or bow to them.

They are becoming ridiculous and what we call "agba ya" in Yoruba.

My Advise to Awolowo's kids ,call your mum to order.Enough is enough ,let it go. TINUBU does not want to play ball with you guys so let him be jeez!

Yeye please stop acting like a mafia boss and stop dragging Awolowo's name in the mud! The so called Yoruba son's you surround yourself with are mostly PDP scoundrels and they make one wonder where your dignity lies.

I am not a Tinubu fan but leave the man the fxck alone! Let us the youths decide who we want as a leader not you old relics!
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by ak47mann(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Crying General Diya, Abacha Politician Babatope and Jakande, Useless Taofeek Arapaja, Irrelevant Femi Aduwo etc
grin grin grin grin grin OMG
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by kabba7(m): 9:54am On Jun 24, 2011
Y can't we just say D truth & shame satan the Awo family went to PDP abandoning the masses to suffer in the hands of OBJ and the corrupt PDP governors.  If God in his mercy use Tinubu to liberate the masses from pdp why should the Govs go line up at Ikene to worship a PDP diety. The masses will not want their govs. go to HID yet its too early for comfort.           Meanwhile D Igbos here are advised to watch it,this issue is more than they can
fully understand!
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by mowapa(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2011
I HAVE A VOICE, ALBEIT A LONELY VOICE. NEITHER TINUBU NOR AWOLOWO SPEAK FOR ME.
                                                     claim back your voice omo yoruba
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by MMM2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
. angry
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2011
kabba7:

Y can't we just say D truth & shame satan the[b] Awo family went to PDP abandoning the masses to suffer in the hands of OBJ and the corrupt PDP governors.  [/b]If God in his mercy use Tinubu to liberate the masses from pdp why should the Govs go line up at Ikene to worship a PDP diety. The masses will not want their govs. go to HID yet its too early for comfort.           Meanwhile D Igbos here are advised to watch it,this issue is more than they can
fully understand!   

playmode:

While i do not trust Tinubu 100% ,i think the Awolowo family are starting to disgrace their name in public.This yeye should should know better and stay our of politics[b].If TINUBU does not want to affiliate or pay respect to yeye ,that is his right as a citizen of this country.No one can force another person to pay homage or bow to them.[/b]

They are becoming ridiculous and what we call "agba ya" in Yoruba.

My Advise to Awolowo's kids ,call your mum to order.Enough is enough ,let it go. TINUBU does not want to play ball with you guys so let him be jeez!

Yeye please stop acting like a mafia boss and stop dragging Awolowo's name in the mud! The so called Yoruba son's you surround yourself with are mostly PDP scoundrels and they make one wonder where your dignity lies.

I am not a Tinubu fan but leave the man the fxck alone! Let us the youths decide who we want as a leader not you old relics!

dayokanu:

CuteTj:

Mama HID @ 96 years our leader? [/b]No disrespect to her but if she is my grandma, i'll tell her to go and sit down and be jeun omo-ing instead of frolicking wit PDP. Mama is just overated.
ekt_bear:

[b]Who chose her as leader, and when
?

Eko Ile:

1. Do you have any proof to who how and when Tinubu lobbied to be Yoruba leader?

2. Beyond your mindless crap about some old men sitting around and calling Awolowo their leader, show us where and when Yoruba people voted to make Awolowo their leader. (Only trolls like you turns some online write up into Yoruba History)

What about some Yoruba folks getting together in some room voting to make Tinubu Yoruba leader just like you just attributed to Awolowo?

See how dum.b you sound as usual?

Stick to trolling, common sense and intelligent reasoning is not your thing.

Ileke-IdI:

My friend, keep quiet there.

IMO, Awolowo left behind some empty-headed families.

If HID or whatever he deems to come himself wants the Yoruba people to take them seriously, they'll need to shed the kind of companions they carry around. How can you expect us to take the likes of Oni and Oyinlola in serious consideration?
Before the 2011 elections, where was the Awolowo family? What have they done for the Yorubas in entirety? When OBJ/Dora were forcing Oni (who single-handed messed up our economy) on Ekiti, where were they? Why are they trying to use the name Awolowo to sway people? That's not fair, and almost cruel.

Thanks to the commendable progress of Fashola and warrior attitude of Tinubu, the Yoruba peeps killed PDP in the SW region.

This is a very simple matter, the people have spoken. In fact, they have raised very important and fundamental questions.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Pukkah: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
iragbijile:

My friend from Iragbiji, we Yoruba people, including your father and grand father voted and selected Awo as Yoruba leader, AGAINST HIS WISH. I repeat, AGAINST HIS WISH. I repeat, HE DID NOT LOBBY FOR IT. He was simply the best and still is and would forever be.

Did you really mean this? He 'would forever be' the best? This view is surprising.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by seguno2: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
Eko Ile:

1. Do you have any proof to who how and when Tinubu lobbied to be Yoruba leader?

I'm sure you also don't have proof to who how and when Obasanjo lobbied for a 3rd term- right
Dey wait for proof, maybe you go get am tomorrow.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by sbeezy8: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
lol this lady is just disgracing herself.

i feel sorry for her no one to tell her whats right
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EkoIle1: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
seguno2:

I'm sure you also don't have proof to who how and when Obasanjo lobbied for a 3rd term- right
Dey wait for proof, maybe you go get am tomorrow.

Unfortunately for you, this discussion is about Tinubu, not OBJ. No need to pollute the thread for us because of your own inability to read, comprehend and follow a basic discussion like an adult.

Start your own thread and discuss OBJ or whatever rubbish you're dying to get off your chest.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by seguno2: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Senator Femi Okunronmu expressed satisfaction with the attendance at the meeting, saying that it showed the readiness of the Yoruba leaders to foster the desired unity among the Yoruba people, irrespective of their political party affiliations

Guardian

Is this not how the hausa/fulanis operate - ANPP, CPC, PDP etc yet they are unified in their agenda to dominate Nigeria even if it means breeding millions of almajiris to maim and kill from time to time.
Btw, who is the hausa/fulani or northern leader  
Which party does he lead that controls the north  
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by EkoIle1: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
Pukkah:

Did you really mean this? He 'would forever be' the best?  This view is surprising.

It's really heartbreaking reading such backward and self defeating views by our so called leaders of tomorrow (Though I don't think that poster is capable of leading a pack of ducks)

Awo must have told them to bury their hopes, future and greatness with him when he died.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2011
seguno2:

Is this not how the hausa/fulanis operate - ANPP, CPC, PDP etc yet they are unified in their agenda to dominate Nigeria even if it means breeding millions of almajiris to maim and kill from time to time.
Btw, who is the hausa/fulani or northern leader
Which party does he lead that controls the north

Anyone who is interested in being like the hausa Fulani is free to apply for citizenship of Yobe State.

We Yorubas have entrusted the ACN with our leadership and we renounce all remnant of PDP and HIV Awolowo
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by namanama: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
shut up.

The reason , they did not go, is that, they claim . to continue to stay in nigeria.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by iragbijile: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2011
namanama:

shut up.

The reason , they did not go, is that, they claim . to continue to stay in nigeria.

Becomrich, infact, you are the most creative person i have ever met in my life.

From Oyebambam to namanama, you too much

As far as I am concerned, you are our leader.

Asiwaju Musiwa Becomrich Oyebambam namanama Adesegun.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by ak47mann(m): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
iragbijile:

Becomrich, infact, you are the most creative person i have ever met in my life.

From Oyebambam to namanama, you too much

As far as I am concerned, you are our leader.

Asiwaju Musiwa Becomrich Oyebambam namanama Adesegun.
grin grin
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by boban007: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2011
take it or leave it tinubu is the greatest yoruba man right now.if not for him,nigeria would ve been a one party country.he worked so hard and fought so hard to get southwest to where it is today.all the fools criticising tinubu today,dont ve the liver to talk or deliver thier states let alone thier zone.he was twice lagos state governor.lagosians are cosmopolitan,if he wasnt good he wouldnt ve won twice.he brought in fashola to continue his goodwork.we can all see the outcome.he has defeated obasanjo in all elections.obasanjo tried to rig the 2003 elections but tinubu was the last man standing.obasanjo denied lagos state thier allocations for years,he came out with an ingenious revenue formular that got lagosstate three times what federal government denied them.its not easy at all,if tinubu dies today the yorubas will suffer politicaly.is it obasanjo that can not deliver his ward or win election for his daughter that will fight yorubas course,never.please lets be wise.tinubu is a great individual take it or leave it.
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by emmatok(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
You Tinubu lads are here again with your usual rants.

I hear Eko Ile saying " Who voted, elected, appoint or made Awo Yoruba leader?"  you better go ask your Father and Grand Father who PAPA AWO is to the YORUBA PEOPLE.

When the Yoruba PEOPLE were enjoying better and affordable education, health e.t.c. due to Awo's vision were where you and your TINUBU.

The YORUBA RACE is strong and dynamic today simply because of what PAPA AWO did for his people.

And TINUBU is benefiting from that.

Now you little children are gallivanting all over the internet all because of TINUBU.

Apart from Tinubu winning the SW to ACN what has he and his Governors done for the Yoruba people.

Yet these Children are comparing Tinubu to AWO.

@ dayokanu calling MAMA "HIV". You can continue  o  o o .
Re: South West Governors Shun Yoruba Unity Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2011
ThankGod the people that matter in yorubaland did not attend the meeting.Abeg make the winch die quick make all these rotten smell go away.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Kidnap Of Umaru Dikko Was Foiled 30 Years Ago ! / Why Jonathan Is Afraid To Declare For 2015 / Why Saraki Must Resign Now – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.