Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. (521 Views)

N-power Payment/n-exit Issues: Please Contact Nneka Ikem Anibeze / Just Lost My Job. / On The Job Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Don't mind my grammatical errors please..

I'm working in as a private security presently and the the pay is 21k per month...
The job is one week on then one week off meaning two weeks in a month and the cost of transportation is 2k for the whole month.

So, last week I went for an interview in an Hotel and I was selected for the job.

My problem now is that, the pay for the new job is 35k but the cost of transportation is #900 per day, to and fro which amount to more than 20k in a month, no off day, it was stated in the letter that the duration is Saturday to Sunday.

Pls what should I do bcus we are asked to resume work on Saturday and I have not done any official resignation in my present place of work. I just have today and tomorrow to decide.
Pls advice me.
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by Naroescape(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
I think u'll know what do,when u do your calculations. wink

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by ghettochild(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
topoftheworld:

I'm working in as a private security presently and the the pay is 21k per month...
The job is one week on the one week off meaning two weeks in a month and the cost of transportation is 2k for the whole month.

So, last week I went for an interview in an Hotel and I was selected for the job.

My problem now is that, the pay for the new job is 35k but the cost of transportation is #900 per day, to and fro which amount to more than 20k in a month, no off day, it was stated in the letter that the duration is Saturday to Sunday.

Pls what should I do bcus we are asked for resume work on Saturday and I have not done any official resignation in my present place of work. I just have today and tomorrow to decide.
Pls advice me.
Dear OP, stick to ur current job.
Hotel job na die.. dem go use u for peanut.
Ur current job allows u to do side hustle or even learn vocational skills

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by ghettochild(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
Do not go start the new job.
When dem call u... just dont pick.
Dem go replace u
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by esthel(f): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
You have two weeks to do something else in ur current job, stick with it
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by AgentGoat: 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Transportation will take 20k from 35k and you are still asking what you should do?

I don't think you are serious.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
ghettochild:

Dear OP, stick to ur current job.
Hotel job na die.. dem go use u for peanut.
Ur current job allows u to do side hustle or even learn vocational skills

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
ghettochild:
Do not go start the new job.
When dem call u... just dont pick.
Dem go replace u

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
esthel:
You have two weeks to do something else in ur current job, stick with it

I appreciate Ur contribution ma
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by Truvelisback(m): 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
topoftheworld:

The job is one week on then one week off meaning two weeks in a month and the cost of transportation is 2k for the whole month.

Pls what should I do bcus we are asked to resume work on Saturday and I have not done any official resignation in my present place of work. I just have today and tomorrow to decide.
Pls advice me.
Do ur 21k job jeje. Abi u no wan rest?
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by jesmond3945: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
topoftheworld:

Pls advice me.
is the job at the hotel still security?
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 1:50am On Feb 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
is the job at the hotel still security?

Not a surity?
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by jesmond3945: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2022
topoftheworld:

Not a surity?
if the hotel job is not security, then take it. Try and make connections and treat guests well. You will land a bigger job from there. Do you have a degree?
Re: I Need Advice In This My Job Issues Please. by topoftheworld(m): 10:26am On Feb 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
if the hotel job is not security, then take it. Try and make connections and treat guests well. You will land a bigger job from there. Do you have a degree?

Yes I have a degree.

(1) (Reply)

What can I do? / Female House Keeper Needed Urgently / Data Entry And Virtual Assistance Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.