Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC (20879 Views)

The Unfolding Binance Situation In Nigeria By Ismail Babalola / Matawalle’s Appointees Were ‘Chief Guests’ At Turbaning Of Ado Aleru - Abdul / Tinubu, Shettima, Amaechi Attend Turbaning Of Modi, Aisha Buhari’s Brother (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Truthisunique2: 9:31am On Feb 10, 2022
Alabule:
Amaechi has what it takes to challenge Tinubu and even make some changes in Nigeria if he becomes the President. He, in my opinion is better than Tinubu and Osinbajo.

But how will Tinubu react? Will he form another party? Buhari, Amaechi and most of them in APC have a political career thanks to Tinubu.

If he forms a new party and Amaechi defeats him, he will likely start asking for Yoruba nation.
Calculations, calculations calculations.

Interesting days ahead Sha.

tinubu dey one chance, he can't form another party or remove acn because he would be going back to his local regional politics

He can't have a deal with pdp atiku because pdp government is a broad government of all regions not the hausa/Yoruba get slot party

So his best option would be to swallow his pride and work with amaechi to share power

Amaechi may agree but I see amaechi dumping him later after using him

Mind you tinubu knows buhari has his own agenda and is using him since, but just as he couldn't back out then, he can't now

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Zorn: 9:36am On Feb 10, 2022
Jagunlabiodua:
Igbo and the Eastern Region have ruled with Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan and Rotimi Ameachi also from the Eastern Region. Igbo can't rule in 2023 while the West are yet to rule after 2007, It is now left for the West to subdue the Eastern Region and the North. Yoruba and the West are watching the Eastern Region of Nigeria deceiving themselves trying to take the West chance in 2023, but don't worry Yoruba will show you at the polls.
south south you mean? No more eastern region or are you still living in the sixties?
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Indispensable85(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2022
TooNoisy:
Amaechi that cannot win a local government election in Rivers State, is that who will win presidency?

Amaechi will not win one State in the South if he is brought forward. All these titles are compensation on the money he spent on Buhari's election and for building his wasteful "University of Transportation" in Daura.

Amaechi stands no chance.

Hahahaha...u wicked
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Indispensable85(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2022
na2016:

Go and read about Amaechi as governor of Rivers state. That guy says his mind and doesn't fear anyone. I have never seen a fight that he lost before, from Uniport to Rivers state to GEJ/Mama Patience. Even PMB can't even control that guy if he hands over to him

You've never seen a fight that he lost before?
And he's no where in Rivers politics?
Dealt with mercilessly by wike.
Lost the governorship twice.
Wike slapped him from right, Abe slapped him from left.
Abeg go sleep jooor

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by wirinet(m): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2022
asthmacoughend:
What does Turbaning got to do with the 2023 Presidential Election ,Just asking as a Non Politician .. sad
Because the title itself is a political statement.
Dan-Amanar Daura means the Trusted Son of Daura. Meaning the person turbaned has been adopted as a son by the people of Daura and by extension north west Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Indispensable85(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Amaechi can't come out 7th in the APC presidential primary. Even Bello is far ahead of him, okorocha and kalu will get more delegates votes than him.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by wirinet(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Indispensable85:

You've never seen a fight that he lost before?
And he's no where in Rivers politics?
Dealt with mercilessly by wike.
Lost the governorship twice.
Wike slapped him from right, Abe slapped him from left.
Abeg go sleep jooor

Dealt mercilessly by wike, how? Have Amaechi contested an election with Wike and lost?
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by DeepSight(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2022
wirinet:

Dealt mercilessly by wike, how? Have Amaechi contested an election with Wike and lost?

Haba now. This is like claiming Tinubu has never been in an electoral contest with Jimi Agbaje.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Munzy14(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2022
Jagunlabiodua:
Igbo and the Eastern Region have ruled with Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan and Rotimi Ameachi also from the Eastern Region. Igbo can't rule in 2023 while the West are yet to rule after 2007, It is now left for the West to subdue the Eastern Region and the North. Yoruba and the West are watching the Eastern Region of Nigeria deceiving themselves trying to take the West chance in 2023, but don't worry Yoruba will show you at the polls.
Foolish talk.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by DeepSight(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2022
wirinet:

Amaechi is a seasoned politician, he had never lost an election before. Obasanjo was not a politician and had no grassroot support before he contested the 1999 elections. Forum Amaechi will get the support of the South South because he did well for the South South as transport minister. If he gets Tinubus support he will easily take south west, if he is anointed by Buhari, he will take the North East and North West.

I dont think anyone can say the South-South will ever endorse Amaechi again.
He is truly viewed by many there as a sell-out.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Alabule: 10:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
tinubu dey one chance, he can't form another party or remove acn because he would be going back to his local regional politics

He can't have a deal with pdp atiku because pdp government is a broad government of all regions not the hausa/Yoruba get slot party

So his best option would be to swallow his pride and work with amaechi to share power

Amaechi may agree but I see amaechi dumping him later after using him

Mind you tinubu knows buhari has his own agenda and is using him since, but just as he couldn't back out then, he can't now
You are 100% correct.
Except if Tinubu has a joker up his sleeve cos without Buhari's backing, all he has built and worked for politically will go down the drain. The likes of Fashola and Aregbesola will dump him without blinking twice.
Interesting days ahead.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Indispensable85(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2022
wirinet:

Stop deceiving yourself, you know how wike has finished the lizard of ubima.
To answer your question yes Amaechi has been in perpetual political contest with wike at all fronts.
He contested with wike through dakuku peterside and through tonye cole. He was bruised by wike on both occasions.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Victor365: 10:39am On Feb 10, 2022
TooNoisy:
Amaechi that cannot win a local government election in Rivers State, is that who will win presidency?

Amaechi will not win one State in the South if he is brought forward. All these titles are compensation on the money he spent on Buhari's election and for building his wasteful "University of Transportation" in Daura.

I feel for you because you are myopic

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Victor365: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2022
Indispensable85:

Stop deceiving yourself, you know how wike has finished the lizard of ubima.
To answer your question yes Amaechi has been in perpetual political contest with wike at all fronts.
He contested with wike through dakuku peterside and through tonye cole. He was bruised by wike on both occasions.

Was Ameachi name on the ballot?
Can't you reason before you talk...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Victor365: 10:46am On Feb 10, 2022
assholemods:

This one na real olodo wey no sabi politics.
I tel you truth, him no sabi at all,same wike that was crying when Ameachi decided yo support AAC? No result for 3 good days..

Is it because Ameachi does not play politics of shading blood for power?
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2022
malel1:
I prefer ameachi or Osinbajo to that so calledj
Jagaban, we don’t need omonile the whole of Nigeria , let them start and end in south west
incoming presido cheesy

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by ASPIREX: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2022
Jagunlabiodua:
I[b]gbo and the Eastern Region have ruled with Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan and Rotimi Ameachi also from the Eastern Region. Igbo can't rule in 2023 while the West are yet to rule after 2007,[/b] It is now left for the West to subdue the Eastern Region and the North. Yoruba and the West are watching the Eastern Region of Nigeria deceiving themselves trying to take the West chance in 2023, but don't worry Yoruba will show you at the polls.

I think the core Igbos need to be given a shot at the presidency. After that stint the position should be attained only by the very best candidate.

Objectively speaking every tribal enclave has great candidates for the office of President. At the moment the most qualified Igbo candidate is Peter Obi. From the West, Osinbajo is the best while Zulum will be our best foot forward from the North East.

Disclaimer; I am not Igbo, I consider myself a Nigerian first.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by slivertongue: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
E go shock the south when the north finishes what they are cooking.

I have warned them but they won't listen
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Indispensable85(m): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Victor365:

Was Ameachi name on the ballot?
Can't you reason before you talk...

You're a confirm dunce.
Has Tinubu been on the ballot for Lagos State governor since he finished his two terms in office?
Was oshiomhole on the ballot when obaseki won reelection in Edo?
Was Akpabio on the ballot for governor when udom Emmanuel won his reelection in akwa ibom?
Was kwankwaso on the ballot for governor when ganduje was reelected as kano governor?
Was wamako on the ballot for governor when tambuwal was reelected in sokoto?
Was seriake Dickson on the ballot when diri contested against david lyon in Bayelsa?
Was obiano on the ballot when soludo won election as governor of Anambra?
Was okorocha on the ballot when uche nwosu contested to be governor of imo?
You're a big fool!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Ayt27(m): 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
JustforMen:
Let me do beer palour analysis as a non- political actor! Just catching cruise.

Ameachi is a very sensible choice...

He is an Igbo man that will not call for secession of Biafra.

He is a Yoruba man, Rotimi, who is not accused of tribalism.

He is loved by the Hausa's whose ass he leaked very well for 8 good yrs.

He is tough and stubborn with very good street sense.

He settles alot of disputes about tribe and regional politics. He is a very good compromise.

If this permutation works and Ameachi wins APC ticket then I will say something: ABOKI that we All call mumu ARE REALLY SUPER SMART - especially when it comes to their interest!!!

You are very correct, they are smart.

They won't really have all the control over him , they respect him too as he doesn't shy away but for the most, he'll protect their interests

They are the better tacticians, let's see what Tinubu does, maybe he'll step back and put Osibanjo there.

But I don't see Osibanjo there too, amaechi
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Nwibii: 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
You've said it all bro. The North are really cooking something and what they're cooking is to present Ameachi that has no support base even in Rivers State and bring in a strong northerner to contest against him. They soon forgot that the North said they're born to rule.
BAT pls shield ur lifelong ambition and put ur support to Yemi O. by that way you still be in charge but I know the spirit of victory failure is telling you it to buy that idea, that you'll be the APC flag bearer.

CharleyBright:
2023 election go sweet die.
There will be lot of bitterness and disappointments.
Amaechi cannot be President, same with Bola Tinubu.
Amaechi is only being used by the North as a Pun to distract the South political equation.
Amaechi is a political prodigal son of the South- South and indeed the entire South. He cannot Garner enough support even in Rivers State to win election in a presidential race. An Amaechi ticket will only give the North a great advantage to bring in a Northern candidate to floor him and give the North the Presidency. Perhaps that is the Northern agenda. Field Amaechi as the candidate, bring a strong Northern
Contender, and retain power in the North. Good scheme by the North.

The IBOs will always scuttle the chance of ever having a President of igbo extract... The reason being that their political elites are too selfish and politically unorganized and uncompromising to be united to achieve their purpose.
Presently they have over 7 candidates already in the ring and more will still come out and non will want to bow out for the other, thereby jeopardizing their chance of a united front. This has always been the problem of the Igbos from the onset.
The best candidate the igbo would have fielded to win the Presidential election is Ngozi Iwealla. But the brilliant woman who would possibly get wider National and International acceptability is out of contention as she holds a prestigious International appointments, and besides he dual citizenship will constitutionally disqualify her.

No doubt the North have a game plan to retain power in the North by hook or crook. They don't mind playing the South against each other.
Tinubu spent his money and energies to bring in Buhari as president, hoping he will be compensated as president after Buhari. But he forgets the North don't play to the rules. The last person the North want in Aso Villa is Tinubu.
If Tinubu is a smart politician he claims he is, he would have been seeing the handwriting on the wall.
He should know they won't allow him be president. He should play the Joker Card and give his support and Blessing to Yemi Osibanjo for the Presidency.
If he does so, Yemi Osibanjo will win because most people from all parts of the country will support and vote him. There are many people from the SE who will gladly support Osibanjo for Presidency.
But this is not Tinubu thinking. He wants the Presidency for himself, he wants the Senate for his wife, and he possibly want Lagos Governorship for his son. That way Nigeria is in his crooked pocket.
But Bola Tinubu will eventually be the greatest loser. He will loss the Leadership of APC and the stronghold of Lagos State.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Usonkwu: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
ZIAZI:

Amaechi is an Ikwerre man from the South South and I am so pissed at some Igbo persons who are already drumming support for him. You have other persons in the South East and now you're settling for Amaechi?
This whole "I am Igbo" statement by Amaechi is just political. Make una wise!
Kingsley Moghalu and other competent Igbo sons are there. I want a true Igbo man to be President come 2023.

Actually, Amaechi would make a good 'Igbo candidate', but, it's fatal to expect Buhari to endorse him.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by oyeb15: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ameachi is the best choice for 2023. He's a fearless and reasonable man. He leads like a military man .

At least he's from Ikwere a minority tribe, they speak diluted Igbo and has a Yoruba name (Rotimi) since time immemorial.

The origin of that his Yoruba name is still unknown to me.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by CXLVII: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Says by who? The former secretary of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo is from Ikwerre. Ikwerre has slot in all Igbo meetings.

Tell a Ikwerre man that. I am very used to them.

If you want to get an Ikwerre man pissed, call him an 8gbo man. Even Etche that should be their closest in Rivers state, they practically detest them.

Ikwerre’s hate being referred to as Igbo’s
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by olabright31: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
manchinkids:
undecided these bloggers there's no unfolding politics anywhere, Amaechi will not fly the APC flag

Says who, Amaechi remains a foremost and formidable aspirant in APC. He is a seasoned politician who has cultivated strong friendship across the country
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by millionboi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
donleo92:
I pity people saying amechi is Igbo.
dude ain't Igbo joor.
he is igbo
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by PaNnamdi: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Amechi is Buhari's successor, Buhari has refused to mention him publicly because he doesn't want him dead.

The northern caliphate will easily give the flag to amechi than tinubu because tinubu is too powerful for them to Control. Amechi will be like Jonathan, he'll do as he's told.

I see amechi coming out as APC flag bearer come 2023.

This I have seen.
This your prophesy na really false cheesy
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Jagunlabiodua: 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yoruba and the Western Region of Nigeria do not see it that way Nigeria is defined as Hausa (North) Igbo ( East ) and Yoruba ( West). Now any other sub-group of these ethnics can't practically want to rotate power. Igbo and Ijaw, effik,calabar,ekwere,kalabari andoni Bayelsa, Rivers are Easternern Nigeria. The core IGBOS can't blame others for allowing Jonathan to take their Slot for six yrs. Azikiwe is an Igbo name, not Hausa, not Yoruba and the man ruled from 2010-2015 Marginalizing Yorubas and the West, sacking them together with Ayim as SSG in Civil service, arresting Tinubu and Yorubas with EFCC, relegating the West in National Assembly, even Obasanjo who brought Azikiwe Jonathan to the Aso rock as Vice and supported as president got betrayed tore his cards. The East have had their turn and the North have had their turn after the West in 2007. The West left power for the North and Eastern Nigeria region in 2007 and 16yrs after the West is going to fight both the North and East to a stand still because we can't and will never allow any president other than a Western Nigeria president in 2023 Yoruba will not lay low for anyone or tribe or group as it's done from 2007 in 2023.
ASPIREX:

I think the core Igbos need to be given a shot at the presidency. After that stint the position should be attained only by the very best candidate.

Objectively speaking every tribal enclave has great candidates for the office of President. At the moment the most qualified Igbo candidate is Peter Obi. From the West, Osinbajo is the best while Zulum will be our best foot forward from the North East.

Disclaimer; I am not Igbo, I consider myself a Nigerian first.
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by bjdon: 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
TooNoisy:

Obasanjo did not even win his ward in 1999, yet alone any state in the SW, yet he won the election. If Amaechi is the candidate, the SW become the king makers. He will win the north by a wde margin the SE may vote PDP if those pick Atiku and and a SE running mate. The SS will be split, I think Amaechi will do better than many people think. Will states like Delta and Edo, Akwa Ibom, vote for Atiku? The SW will have candiate in either main party so they become the king makers
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Jagunlabiodua: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
It's is foolish talk for the Eastern Region who ruled together with the North from 2007-2015 to come and say it's their turn and claiming Ijaw, Jonathan Azikiwe bearing Igbo names is not Igbo a man from Eastern Nigeria region bearing Igbo names, You think you are decieving people but you are decieving yourselves. The President of Nigeria from 2010-2015 is neither from the Northern Region or from the Western Region not Hausa not Yoruba but Eastern Region and therefore classified as Igbo and also bearing Igbo names. 2023 based on Rotation it's the West and Yorubas turn to dominate Nigeria just as the IGBOS and Hausas Fulanis have done for the past 16rs. You all from North and East will feel Yoruba Nepotism as you showed them how to Marginalise others so expect the payback after 16yrs of Endurance
Munzy14:

Foolish talk.. cheesy
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Jagunlabiodua: 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
There is nothing like South South when Nigeria was formed what we know is Nigeria is made of three tribes, Yoruba Igbo and Hausa and all other 250 tribes fall withing these groups which are classified as Northern Eastern and Western Nigeria. Jonathan Azikiwe Ebele is 100% IGBO, Asari Dokubo is IGBO, Ameachi is IGBO, as far as the Eastern Region is concerned all of these people are from Eastern Nigeria and they ruled from 2010-2015
Zorn:
south south you mean? No more eastern region or are you still living in the sixties?
Re: 2023: Ameachi’s Turbaning And The Unfolding Politics In APC by Jagunlabiodua: 12:07am On Feb 12, 2022
Only the seat of the office of the President Federal republic of Nigeria can compensate Yoruba and the West in 2023. Anyway Yoruba are not bothered if the election is going to be against Hausa or Igbo, The Yorubas have Ways, means, population, resources to win the presidency on there own against any major tribe especially Hausa and Igbo. Yoruba will beat them, The North usually very wise they have withdrawn and backed Yoruba to hold vice president first and plan while the East will be defeated at the polls by the West and will go home empty handed after 2023 untill 2031 or 2039 or 2046 it's distraughting to think but the East are working into a dead end opposing the West at this point Power is already with the West.
emmykk:
[s][/s]

Yoruba have been paid in full with VP and House of Representatives Speaker.

Ameachi and 4 other governor supported Buhari too
Ameachi was Director General of Buhari campaign in 2015 and 2019
Ameachi is instrumental to railway and transportation university in the north.

Don't fool yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara And APC Chieftains In Bauchi state Visit Tinubu In Abuja / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Idris Mohammed, Information Minister (Photos) / Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.