Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Update On My Husband Leaving Us - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On My Husband Leaving Us (43363 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Amazingbaby: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
gift0123:
I can see you are a nagging woman, and you don't give that man peace of mind...
Go and sort out your marital issues abeg.

Are you female or you identify as a female because I don't understand.

8 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by ezugegere(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
My take on this matter:
1. You still do not have any evidence that your husband is having an affair with that lady. Talking with someone does not equal to having sex with the person.
2. You sound like a nag.
3. You're taking advice from the wrong people. There is no perfect home. If you're not ready to take some smelly shit, better don't get married.
4. Your husband doesn't have peace at home. No man will pack his things and leave his home just like that.
Decide for yourself what you want. If you're not ready to be a wife any longer... then leave!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
ezugegere:
My take on this matter:
1. You still do not have any evidence that your husband is having an affair with that lady. Talking with someone does not equal to having sex with the person.
2. You sound like a nag.
3. You're taking advice from the wrong people. There is no perfect home. If you're not ready to take some smelly shit, better don't get married.
4. Your husband doesn't have peace at home. No man will pack his things and leave his home just like that.
Decide for yourself what you want. If you're not ready to be a wife any longer... then leave!
Marriage means taking some smelly shit? Where is this written abeg? undecided

How some of you dey open mouth gbagadaaaa sometimes dey amaze person. So are you telling us that if you are married and your partner chose to withhold the true nature of a relationship from you, even going as far as to walk out on your family as a result, that you would condone that in your marriage relationship? undecided

Anyways, I don't think OP is the one attempting here to end her marriage but instead reacting to what could potentially end it. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by eniolorunfe: 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
From this your update, it doesn’t seem like you have been minding your business ooo and taking the advice you were given in your previous thread fully.

Don’t go and spoil a good thing (didn’t say perfect because there is a difference) because of your inability to master your emotions.

Self development is good but you don’t have to lose your marriage before you develop yourself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Amazingbaby: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
eniolorunfe:
From this your update, it doesn’t seem like you have been minding your business ooo and taking the advice you were given in your previous thread fully.

Don’t go and spoil a good thing (didn’t say perfect because there is a difference) because of your inability to master your emotions.

Self development is good but you don’t have to lose your marriage before you develop yourself.

I am,but he keeps calling me acting as if everything is alright,does he have partial amnesia,I prefer tackling things straight up than pretending.it is one of my flaws

My self development is coming from ignoring myself for a long time,this situation might be a catalyst but I haven't been feeling fulfilled for long.

8 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Double0h7(f): 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
I don't think you have any evidence that your husband is cheating. I do think that you have checked out of this marriage and you've been looking for any excuse to leave and this woman he took on at work is the perfect excuse.

The reason your husband won't give you an explanation might be because he knows this too and he is giving you your excuse to leave.

You seem like the type of woman who uses the fact that her husband single handedly provides her every need as *He controls everything* and if he didn't pay all her bills then he would be an irresponsible husband. The man can't win!

You could ask yourself did you ever love this man or was he just a good meal ticket?

Since you're ready to fend for yourself and I'm sure you've romanticized the whole process but reality might check you. You already know what to do to survive so do those things (learn to drive, find a job, exercise and reflect)

I would say you gotta do some deep reflection. You've covered his faults but now it's time to reflect on the only faults that matters to you and that's your own fault.

Start a journal and be honest with yourself. After every pity party you have, reflect on your contribution and take away the valuable lessons.

Be ready for any curveball that might come. Set boundaries and co parent in a healthy environment. Protect your children's mental health.

I wish you all the best.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by onez: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
OP, Please go and win your husband over. No perfect home or perfect man. You are entering a phase you will regret if you don't take care. Swallow your pride and keep your home. Look for your husband and bring him home. I'm begging you. I'm crying here because you feel you can pull through alone. Look for your husband and bring him home. This is for your sanity.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Magnoliaa(f): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by eniolorunfe: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Amazingbaby:

I am,but he keeps calling me acting as if everything is alright,does he have partial amnesia,I prefer tackling things straight up than pretending.it is one of my flaws.
My self development is coming from ignoring myself for a long time,this situation might be a catalyst but I haven't been feeling fulfilled for long.

The bolded is the reason why he is saying those things to your mother… that you are nagging, don’t give him peace etc etc

You need to work on that flaw and learn to master your emotions. It’s not about pretending, it’s about wisdom and understanding the “art” of being a woman and where your strength lies.

Do you have to pick his calls? Even if he’s calling to act like everything is normal; you not picking his calls will send a clear message to him that there are issues that need to be discussed and would allow him miss you. Hopefully that “space” will remind him of how valuable you are to him.

Even when you start working, do you just blurt things out to your coworkers or even boss because you don’t know how to pretend? There is an art to these things or else you would have to be changing jobs over and over again.

Like I said, self development is good but you don’t have to lose your marriage to achieve this.

13 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Magnoliaa(f): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Wrong moves everywhere. undecided

Asinnnn.
Mtcheeewww.

If persin no know better, one would just be thinking all these stories and fights are all there is to marriages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Amazingbaby: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Idaytesj29:

OP amazingbaby

Now I feel like crying. You don't sound like a troublesome woman. You come off as dedicated lovely wife. Whatever made your husband chase that lady is not important now but the safety of the marriage.

Before you finally sign any divorce papers, I advise that you call a joint family meeting of both your family and his. Narrate everything that happened, thank God, women are naturally detailed. Explain how he wanted to date your best friend and how this happened.

Let them know you did not pack out of the house, he did for weeks and he demanded for divorce himself, not you cos you demanded an explanation to from him over the matter.

Let them know under normal circumstance, you do not like to be divorced, and while you are not desperate to resolve without him admitting his wrong doings and ready to be accountable for his actions going forward, you are still open for reconciliation right now before your mind moves on.

I believe in that sober moment, a lot can change and it had worked for many couple, it may work for you.

With all the new resolutions you just made, kindly follow through with them, even if a reconciliation happens.

I don't know how to send a WhatsApp group contact to you where various jobs and vacancies majorly in Lagos and few other places are advertised daily, I would have loved to help you with that.

Just my own 2kobo

Pls can I message you about the WhatsApp group?
Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
With what I read up there,op never really loved her husband. Imagine the monikers she mention in her post above.. Its a pity you allowed wrong nairalanders to advise you wrongly. A man can actually marry more than one wife.. Its not a crime..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
With what I read up there,op never really loved her husband. Imagine the monikers she mention in her post above.. Its a pity you allowed wrong nairalanders to advise you wrongly. A man can actually marry more than one wife.. Its not a crime..
A woman can also marry more than one husband... also not a crime. undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by socialmediaman: 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
eniolorunfe:

It doesn’t look like she wants to save the marriage. Her ego comes first, or maybe she also wants out like the man does

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
Amazingbaby:

Are you female or you identify as a female because I don't understand.

I am a woman for real, but most times, I call a spade a spade, I made that comment because of the way you narrated your story, it was full of insults and you kept pushing him to the wall. You don't follow things with toughness, most times a cool denamor could solve certain things... Especially when it comes to our issues with men. When you push a man so hard and shout at him you chase him out... Follow that matter easily, you will surely get him back abeg..
Take care.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A woman can also marry more than one husband... also not a crime. undecided
No problem. If it favors you.. You can marry 50 or even more,its actually your body not mine undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
No problem. If it favors you.. You can marry 50 or even more,its actually your body not mine undecided
Same applies to both genders is all I am making clear here. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Same applies to both genders is all I am making clear here. undecided
You're making a mistake there.. Why don't women pay groom prize? This is Africa and not the western world.. You gerrit?

11 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
You're making a mistake there.. Why don't women pay groom prize? This is Africa and not the western world.. You gerrit?
Because women didn't put together traditional ideas requiring such payments... men did that for their benefit. undecided

Right there in the very same Africa, 100s of thousands also married without keeping to your traditional ideals and their marriages just as strong or even stronger for it. : undecided

7 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Because women didn't put together traditional ideas requiring such payments... men did that for their benefit. undecided
Then,women you be fast about putting that together for their benefit too.. Until then,they should follow the rules made by the various African societies..
Its simple..

4 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
Then,women you be fast about putting that together for their benefit too.. Until then,they should follow the rules made by the various African societies..
Its simple..
Why would women want to institute such a foolish idea to begin with? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by baby124: 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hmm. Only you truly knows your husband. However he seems like someone who wants you to be alright with any affairs he may have. Once you open such a box, you may not survive it. Since he says he’s done with the marriage, reduce communication with him except he wants to see his kids. Let him be done, no more courtesies and cooking for him. Let him be the bachelor he craves.

Start putting your own life together. What a joke of a man, who in this day and age works for free. Lmao. He even has time to be doing driver for a single woman. Jokes all round. Just focus on you woman.

If you should ever make up, make sure that his friend does not come close to your family ever again! Make it hell for him! Your husband also has a lot of work to do if he ever wants his marriage back.

I don’t support you calling the girl though. That was a wrong move. Making her more important than she is and giving her the chance to call your husband with lies about what you both discussed. Trust that she told him something else entirely that will cause more problems.

13 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why would women want to institute such a foolish idea to begin with? undecided
Probably because most of them are confused .. undecided The same confusion is the reason why most "women" hate each other.. You gerit?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
Probably because most of them are confused .. undecided The same confusion is the reason why most "women" hate each other.. You gerit?
You are not making any sense here. Why would women institute a backwards idea which pretty much reduces a one to status of ward/slave in the marriage? Why would a woman want to take on responsibility of caring for the numerous husbands she marries when it is best if they each retain their individual responsibilities in the marriage? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense here. Why would women institute a backwards idea which pretty much reduces a one to status of ward/slave in the marriage? Why would a woman want to take on responsibility of caring for the numerous husbands she marries when it is best if they each retain their individual responsibilities in the marriage? undecided
And what would you called a society or union without a leader/rules and regulations?
Since your mind told you ,that you're making sense. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
And what would you called a society or union without a leader/rules and regulations?
Since your mind told you ,that you're making sense. undecided
A partnership/agreement. And mind you , you have it all wrong believing there are no rules and accountability in such a partnership. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A partnership/agreement. undecided
That's why I said most of you women are confused.. The society you are in ,does it support such? Now,if you wanna do that,you go to where people appreciate that.. I hope you gerrit now?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
That's why I said most of you women are confused.. The society you are in ,does it support such? Now,if you wanna do that,you go to where people appreciate that.. I hope you gerrit now?
Polyandry is practiced right there in the very same Nigeria you pretend to know. Instead of continuing your existence in ignorance of the realities of that country, why not spend time educating yourself about the different cultures that actually coexist in that jungle of a country? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by BigYash: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Polyandry is practiced right there in the very same Nigeria you pretend to know. Looking than existing in ignorance of the realities in that country, why not spend time educating yourself instead about the different cultures that actually coexist in that jungle of a country? undecided
You mean you're from a jungle? undecided Now I understand where you're coming from... Enjoy the rest of your evening..

7 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
BigYash:
You mean you're from a jungle? undecided Now I understand where you're coming from... Enjoy the rest of your evening..
undecided.... there are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria meaning 250 potentially different traditions makes makes the place a jungle of sorts. Try to keep up! kiss

8 Likes

Re: Update On My Husband Leaving Us by Philomath1212: 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
I'm happy for that man...
Now, he can have peace...

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

You Will Definitely Find Your Neighbour Among These. / Couple Name Their Twins ‘Corona’ And ‘Covid’ In India / Couple Celebrates Divorce After 13 Years Of Marriage, Offers Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.