Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil (14519 Views)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Who asked him? Oya oil was developed with money from drugs
Hope he's happy now
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by jrusky(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Too much vituperation... Igbo people seems to be the worst people in existence. We hail thee.

Sorry I will agree with you despite I'm one of them but as God live till I exist no more I will never succumb to that evil gene in most of them.

Just hate, hate, hate and hate for God sake why
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by luluman: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Afonjas are very good at stealing other tribes properties.

No be only Cocoa money na Cocacola money.

How come Afonjas stopped making money from their cocoa all of a sudden? Is it bad to continue making money off such viable venture or are they saying cocoa is no longer being used around the world today??

Very thieving tribe. All they know is to reap where they did not sow.

70% of Afonja landlords today stole their properties from Igbos in 1967.
The Lagos State that Afonjas claim as their greatest achievement was the Federal capital developed by Abokis using Niger Delta and South East oil and palm oil money. Afonjas contributed nothing.

Mark my words, once Nigeria breaks up, Oduduwa Nation will be colonized by either Arewa or Biafra.
break up when? After rapture. Olodo. We are in it together stop dreaming you ain't going nowher.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
Armaggedon:
Oil was not first discovered in oloibiri in present Bayelsa, it was first discovered in a town called Iho, dimeze in present Ikeduru LGA of IMO in 1937. Almost 20yrs before Oloibiri.
was first discovered in lagos
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by tshtsh: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
mrvitalis:
Oga governor shut up ...it's well known that the eastern regional government as at that time spent millions of dollars prospecting oil

Infact the agreement nnpc use today was agreement between shell n eastern region government

Cocoa didn't found oil exploration alone
Cocao from cross River ( largest cocoa producers in Nigeria ) and abia/imo ...

rubber from bayelsa ,cross River ,akwa Ibom ,rivers , abia .....

Cashew nuts from Abia , Enugu , cross River

Palm oil from the whole eastern region ( akwa Ibom , ogoni , etche have the best oil )

These things made the eastern region fastest growing region in the world ...but some people allowed propaganda work on them and here we are
Oil exploration is a capital intensive activity if these economic activities generated so much money to fund the exploration of oil why are the other states not generating money from these sectors?
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by luluman: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

How come Afonjas stopped making money from their cocoa all of a sudden? Is it bad to continue making money off such viable venture or are they saying cocoa is no longer being used around the world today??

The Lagos State that Afonjas claim as their greatest achievement was the Federal capital developed by Abokis using Niger Delta and South East oil and palm oil money. Afonjas contributed nothing.

Mark my words, once Nigeria breaks up, Oduduwa Nation will be colonized by either Arewa or Biafra.
break up when? After rapture. Olodo. We are in it together stop dreaming you ain't going no where
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Emir01: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Armaggedon:
Oil was not first discovered in oloibiri in present Bayelsa, it was first discovered in a town called Iho, dimeze in present Ikeduru LGA of IMO in 1937. Almost 20yrs before Oloibiri.

According to history and what we learnt in the school, Oil was first discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri. If you want to re-write history you can do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
BabaO2:
This is irresponsible talk from a clown because of hatred and pomposity. This is a dangerous talk that can make the westerners impose themselves forever on Nigeria oilfields and nothing can anyone do about it

But he is right. I am yoruba and I know he is right. Nigeria's oil was not discovered with cocoa or Groundnut money as some say. Foreign companies were given right to prospect for Oil , they brought in thier capital and their equipment and if they found OiI, they took a cut. that has always been the formula for oil exploration especially in those days.

2 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by IGBOSON1: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Armaggedon:

Can we have a link to buttress this your assertion?

3 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Freebills12: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
IboHausaYoruba:
Lol...seems this man is not a student of history. Awolowo singlehandedly used proceeds from cocoa to developed south, ijaw and by extension the whole of Bayelsa were beneficiaries. I know a lot of South South indigenes (Bendel of old) who would've been stacked illiterates if not for free education through cocoa proceeds.

Sometimes you people talk without reasoning, was Awolowo premier of Eastern Nigeria? Was he not premier of the west? Was it not regional govt that was prevalent as of that time? This is one of the major reason why history is essential at schools.

6 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Freebills12: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Gbagura:
Same afonja gave your forefathers free education. Same afonja exposed your forefathers to civilization. If afonja had closed the gate at ọrẹ on y'all, SE will be the poorest region in Nigeria by now. Whenever you wake up from your big-infested bed everyone morning, bend down and thank God what what afonja has done and still doing in ensuring the Igbo tribe didn't perish ro oblivion.

Just do a little research it will help you, Onitsha main market as of that time is the biggest market in whole of West Africa, how then did you arrive at your conclusion?

5 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by elsiusgr8t(m): 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Gbagura:
Same afonja gave your forefathers free education. Same afonja exposed your forefathers to civilization. If afonja had closed the gate at ọrẹ on y'all, SE will be the poorest region in Nigeria by now. Whenever you wake up from your big-infested bed everyone morning, bend down and thank God what what afonja has done and still doing in ensuring the Igbo tribe didn't perish ro oblivion.

Dumbest comment ever

5 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by IGBOSON1: 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
jrusky:

Sorry I will agree with you despite I'm one of them but as God live till I exist no more I will never succumb to that evil gene in most of them.

You’re free to naturalise as a Yoruba or Fulani! I’m sure they‘ll welcome you with open arms....that’s if you really are Igbo!

Dude, Igbos will remain who they are, and are not changing their winning formula just to pander to the insecurities, hate and bile of two-faced bigots like you and your ilk!

6 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
jrusky:

Eeeya that's why you hate them so much?
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Born2Breed(f): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
Look at what this man is say. Where did the money developing Nigeria before oil came from? Cocoa and groundnut. What was used in constructing PTI warri? Cocoa money so many universities and government agencies were built with proceeds from agricultural produce. Now instead of you morons to allow oil money develop the country in begin steal anyhow. You guys are only crying because the Northerners steal it more than you. You're all thieves.

Really? Wow!!!

SMH!!!
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by MOTOPARK: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
cosmatika:
The northerners claim that dey used their money from groundnut to develop the oil in Niger Delta.

One of our security guys in PH who's from Jigawa state always argued with me. He said in Nigeria must be divided, that the oil in the ND should be divided too, because they used their money from groundnut to develop it.

Meanwhile this guy didn't even attend primary skl, so he's a stark illiterate. I asked him who told him that, he said that's what they taught them in the mosque
the mosque � up North is usually known for developing discord between Christain and southern region
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by mrvitalis(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
tshtsh:

Oil exploration is a capital intensive activity if these economic activities generated so much money to fund the exploration of oil why are the other states not generating money from these sectors?
Then naira had value ...it made sense and the economy was better now we import everything and federal government policies too
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
Armaggedon:
[s]Oil was not first discovered in oloibiri in present Bayelsa, it was first discovered in a town called Iho, dimeze in present Ikeduru LGA of IMO in 1937. Almost 20yrs before Oloibiri.[/s]

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
BabaO2:
[s]This is irresponsible talk from a clown because of hatred and pomposity. This is a dangerous talk that can make the westerners impose themselves forever on Nigeria oilfields and nothing can anyone do about it[/s]

Empty chest beating

3 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by mrvitalis(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

who be this ignorant,cross rivers largest producer of cocoa?you must be high,ondo is the largest produced of cocoa follow by ekiti and osun then cross rivers.
abia/IMO did not have any cocoa.
ignorant!
Oga cross rives is the larges producer of cocoa in Nigeria via state ...ondo has the best cocoa to ...ondo just notched it recently go check history
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Lol...seems this man is not a student of history. Awolowo singlehandedly used proceeds from cocoa to developed south, ijaw and by extension the whole of Bayelsa were beneficiaries. I know a lot of South South indigenes (Bendel of old) who would've been stacked illiterates if not for free education through cocoa proceeds.

Ehhhhhh Oga slow down there the part of Ijaw land that was western Nigeria was from Patani to Warri axis and then Benin. Bayelsa was not part of it ooooooo, make una slow down with una lies

4 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by mrvitalis(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

who be this ignorant,cross rivers largest producer of cocoa?you must be high,ondo is the largest produced of cocoa follow by ekiti and osun then cross rivers.
abia/IMO did not have any cocoa.
ignorant!
Smh ...imo are abia are major cocoa producers ...go n research ..cross River was number one for years till ondo just toped them recently ...they are number two

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
emmykk:

This is not true who are these forefathers?
Azikiwe was many miles ahead of Awolowo when both were alive

Beside before the civil war the igbo where so successful that they occupied every facet of Nigeria society.

Please if you want to counter argument use concentrate fact and counter it properly and not vomiting lies.

Please name your forefathers that help south east I want to see them
Thats not true anyway,because if you were so sucesful,you wont create a system that unifies everyone.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by masseratti: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
When did any southwest leader ever made such claims Mr Governor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#006600][/color]

Sometimes you people talk without reasoning, was Awolowo premier of Eastern Nigeria? Was he not premier of the west? Was it not regional govt that was prevalent as of that time? This is one of the major reason why history is essential at schools.

Balysea state and parts of delta were in western region before the creation of midwest.check your map.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Damn, that is why most of the so called leader failed woefully, Diri is like aparan grin
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
jrusky:

Wallahi you already on the brinks of decaying while you still walking around.

Pls did Diri even mentioned tribe? Did he even said anyone said so that cocoa was used to developed any other region apart from Sw.

Pls is Diri now igbo man? E dey do me to slap your silly head. Anytime anyone from SS talk you bollocks from my region will quickly jumped on it and claimed it as your headache you suckers unity beggars I kept saying it SS is a nation to be and on their own so stop dive nosing like pigs to their affairs, allow them to talk stop being silly.

Moreso see how foolish, irresponsible and dead illiterate you are so all the houses in Lagos belong to igbo bro you are a fool and very shameless bollock.

Same way we claimed developed all the North. If the entire house in Lagos at that time belong to igbo then where is your family own pls give us the address the house your parent built in Lagos in that era?

Look I will forever stand on your damn neck despite I came from SE but will never succumb to that demonic hate Gene in most of you. Call me whatever bro your damn headache.

Let me educate you hate the SW or not you will ends up being the one to vacate their land las las because they never invited your hate infested disgusting human to their land.

This Nigeria that become difficult to separate today *It was our own Azikwe that betrayed Awo, Tafawa, Bello, Enahoro by going behind and struck out the *clause* signed with Queen during independence struggle that Nigeria can path way if they wish, *agreed sealed* but out of this same hate Gene the man called Zik went behind to removed the clause with no one knowledge**** go ask your parent to tell you the truth.

I blame the Yoruba for sometime keeping quiet for a a s s hole like you trying to bully them. They need to dig history and face fool like you.

Dude concerning the secession clause. I always advocate that we critically analyze things or apply critical reasoning. This blame of Zik is actually one of the anti igbo sentiments that so many people use to attack igbos. First of all the people that removed that clause were the british and not Zik. Ask me how before the delegates went for the Lancaster conference to discuss independence the British Colonial Office in London made it clear that the terms of reference for independence of Nigeria must state that all her colonial borders must be preserved and no secession of the individual units must be allowed, mind you the British were weary of the Russian and French influence in Africa especially the French colonies in West Africa, knowing that French intelligence dossier stated that it would suit French interests for Nigeria to break into smaller units because her size would pose a threat to her colonies in West Africa. Now if Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Awolowo and Enahoro voted in favor of seccession, how come only Zik over ruled them when majority would obviously carry the vote? How possible was it that Zik could do it? Do you see the lies here? Now let me tell you the proceeding of Lancaster house. Awolowo stood and made a presentation that we should include secession clause and also a parliamentary system of government. Now Zik spoke against it and argued that we should have a unitary system of government where federalism is entrenched similar to the US system of government. In response the British overruled against Awolowo and over ruled against Zik on the Federal system patterned from America in favor of the parliamentary system. So the problem with our generation is that we are not ready to critically analyze issues. Zik had his flaws and faults especially in the fact that he was playing one Nigeria while Awo and Bello were only after their regions and tribe, but these lies against Zik need to be exposed once and for all.

7 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by TheOgaBoss: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

The place was former western region ,so it benefited from the western region government
was bayelsa part of old western region?
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Freebills12: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
jrusky:

Wallahi you already on the brinks of decaying while you still walking around.

Pls did Diri even mentioned tribe? Did he even said anyone said so that cocoa was used to developed any other region apart from Sw.

Pls is Diri now igbo man? E dey do me to slap your silly head. Anytime anyone from SS talk you bollocks from my region will quickly jumped on it and claimed it as your headache you suckers unity beggars I kept saying it SS is a nation to be and on their own so stop dive nosing like pigs to their affairs, allow them to talk stop being silly.

Moreso see how foolish, irresponsible and dead illiterate you are so all the houses in Lagos belong to igbo bro you are a fool and very shameless bollock.

Same way we claimed developed all the North. If the entire house in Lagos at that time belong to igbo then where is your family own pls give us the address the house your parent built in Lagos in that era?

Look I will forever stand on your damn neck despite I came from SE but will never succumb to that demonic hate Gene in most of you. Call me whatever bro your damn headache.

Let me educate you hate the SW or not you will ends up being the one to vacate their land las las because they never invited your hate infested disgusting human to their land.

This Nigeria that become difficult to separate today *It was our own Azikwe that betrayed Awo, Tafawa, Bello, Enahoro by going behind and struck out the *clause* signed with Queen during independence struggle that Nigeria can path way if they wish, *agreed sealed* but out of this same hate Gene the man called Zik went behind to removed the clause with no one knowledge**** go ask your parent to tell you the truth.

I blame the Yoruba for sometime keeping quiet for a a s s hole like you trying to bully them. They need to dig history and face fool like you.

I thought you have something upstairs until you mentioned that Zik removed clause that each can path her way, it's a trash and fake news. And by the way you are not from South East

5 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Idiko1: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

They are also bold liars!!!

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
was bayelsa part of old western region?
Yes and some parts of delta,you can google it.delta had people like alfred rewane who was later assasinated during the military era.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by laiperi: 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
You may not like the comments quoted below.

Even well before Independence, any reasonable leader knows the Gold Mine, Brains and Education that brought Nigeria into Modern State originated in the WEST.

The Father of Modern Age country called Nigeria was Herbert Macaulay.

If you want to get informed, go for free Education in the West Nigeria.

If you want to become wealthy, go to Western Nigeria.

If you are looking for labourer jobs, mai-guard, boiboy, beggars and other jobs to make a living, you go to Western Region.

Even today, there is no other place to run to when you are persecuted in your regions than Western Region.

They will never let go Western Region. Pay attention to their one and only ambition to capture the WEST!

VeryWickedMan:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices / Bashir Ahmad: President Buhari Not Traveling to London / Presidency: It Is The Turn Of North Central, Says Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.