Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God (243 Views)

I'm Unserious Ooo, See My Thoughts In Church / Knowing God, Is The Tithes Of Women Acceptable Unto Him? / Men Without Beards Cause “indecent Thoughts” In Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by valuka(m): 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
From childhood, I have been hearing how God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He also knows the future, He knows what we are thinking and what we will do in the next minute. That He know us even before we were conceived.

Now my question is, "Do God know whether I will go to hell or heaven?"

If He already knew that I will go to hell (even before I was conceived), then why did He allow me to come into this world and rot in hell later

If you argue that He gave us the power to choose, then as an everseeing God, He must have known what my choice will be.
Why then did He create me knowing that I will make the choice of hell?

If you argue that He doesn't know, then does it mean that He no longer know the future?

...Thoughts in my head with no answers yet.

Your opinions are welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by Dtruthspeaker: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2022
valuka:

Surely, you heard that He is Coming to Judge and that "He does not Judge before He hears a Matter".

But surely, you know that He knows that you are quite very stupid (all of us are or have been) such that even without Assessment (Judgement) even your fellow stupid men will tell you that you will go certainly go to hell, unless you have become wise and started obeying His Law.

It is foreseeable that A person driving by the Law Full limits will certainly not be in trouble with The Law Maker

But a drunken driver, overspeeeding , driving dangerously and being a nuisance on the road, would foreseeably be thrown in prison (hell).

So, how are you gonna drive let us see whether even you do not know your future?
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
valuka:
1. Now my question is, "Do God know whether I will go to hell or heaven?"

2. If He already knew that I will go to hell (even before I was conceived), then why did He allow me to come into this world and rot in hell later

3. If you argue that He gave us the power to choose, then as an everseeing God, He must have known what my choice will be.

4. Why then did He create me knowing that I will make the choice of hell?

5. If you argue that He doesn't know, then does it mean that He no longer know the future?

1. Yes! undecided

2. Your conception was a choice made by your parents, not God. undecided

3. Yes, He does indeed know of your choices. undecided

4. Your parents conceived you. That choice was made by your parents. Surely you see that God denying your parents their right to their choice to have you would be against God? undecided

5. As written, God indeed knows the end from the beginning. undecided
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by Wilddove(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
Romans 9:13-21 as the scripture says, i loved jacob, but i hated Esau. [14] shall we say, then that, God is unjust not at all. [15] for he said to Moses ''i will have mercy on anyone I wish; I will take pity on anyone i wish.'' [16] so then, everything depends, not on what human beings want or do, but only on God's mercy.[17] for the scripture says to the king of Egypt i made you king in order to use you to show my power over the whole world and to spread my fame over the whole world. [18] so then God has mercy on anyone he wishes, and he makes stubborn anyone he wishes.[19] but one of you will say to me ''if this is so, how can God find fault with anyone? Who can resist God's will? [20] But who are you, my friend to answer God back? A clay pot does not ask the man who made it, why did you make me like this?[21] After all, the man who makes the pot has the right to use the clay as he wishes, and to make pots from the same lump of clay, one for special occasions and the other for ordinary use.
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by LottiOk: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
cheesy grin just look @ sorry lame excuses d guys above me tried 2giv in defense of dia ominiknowest gods cheesy grin

Op goodluck getting any reasonable answer, dey'll just waste ur time. cheesy grin
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by DappaD: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2022
valuka:
From childhood, I have been hearing how God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He also knows the future, He knows what we are thinking and what we will do in the next minute. That He know us even before we were conceived. Now my question is, "Do God know whether I will go to hell or heaven?"
If He already knew that I will go to hell (even before I was conceived), then why did He allow me to come into this world and rot in hell laterIf you argue that He gave us the power to choose, then as an everseeing God, He must have known what my choice will be.Why then did He create me knowing that I will make the choice of hell?If you argue that He doesn't know, then does it mean that He no longer know the future?...Thoughts in my head with no answers yet.Your opinions are welcomed.

I’ll have you know that predestination is just a farce—it’s not a Biblical teaching. The concept of God being omniscient i.e. knowing everything in the sense of it is also not Biblical. People just know how to misinterpret scriptures to make it seem that way.

True, there have been instances in the Bible where God foretold how certain humans would turn out e.g. Noah, Samson, Jeremiah etc. BUT those are just outliers. They do not make it a rule as to mean that God has a special plan for every single human being.

All human beings are endowed with the gift of free will, to choose their life course. Deuteronomy 30:19,20; Joshua 24:15
If God knew the outcome of every human being, then of what use is free will ? Since we’re all programmed like robots ?

Moreover, in the past when God used the prophet Ezekiel to tell the Israelites to repent, He said that the wicked had a choice to change their ways. Ezekiel 33:11-15
If they were programmed to do bad and be destroyed, why would God tell Ezekiel to go and preach to them ?

In lieu of that, there’s also a preaching and teaching program established by Jesus that is being carried out by Jesus’ followers through out the earth. Matthew 24:14
Do you think Jesus would have instructed his followers to preach if everybody had their fate decided for them already ? That would pointless if you ask me.

I’ll be glad to expatiate more on any of my points that don’t seem clear. Feel free to get back to me.
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Feb 11, 2022
LottiOk:
cheesy grin just look @ sorry lame excuses d guys above me tried 2giv in defense of dia ominiknowest gods cheesy grin

Op goodluck getting any reasonable answer, dey'll just waste ur time. cheesy grin
Why exactly is my submission lame? Care to be specific please? undecided
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 11, 2022
You will only find hell in the New Testament that was written by the Romans after they conquered Jerusalem and took the original Old Testament scrolls to Rome in 70 AD where they studied it and then wrote the New Testament to control the minds of the people till today.

It is only some of the Old Testament that holds the true words of GOD and not the New Testament written by the Romans.

In this free information age where there is so much priceless free historical information with evidence on YouTube to prove that JESUS and the New Testament were a creation of the Romans then surely Ignorance Is A Choice Today
Re: Thoughts in my head about the Ever Knowing God by MistaMann: 3:42am On Feb 11, 2022
valuka:
From childhood, I have been hearing how God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He also knows the future, He knows what we are thinking and what we will do in the next minute. That He know us even before we were conceived.

If He already knew that I will go to hell (even before I was conceived), then why did He allow me to come into this world and rot in hell later

If you argue that He gave us the power to choose, then as an everseeing God, He must have known what my choice will be.
Why then did He create me knowing that I will make the choice of hell?

If you argue that He doesn't know, then does it mean that He no longer know the future?

Everything in Christianity and all other religions can not stand scrutiny and common sense. Try subjecting their text, belief or doctrines to reason and common sense they'll all fall apart.

Finally you are realising it is now. You are on your way to redemption.

(1) (Reply)

To Ethiopia/Afar/Eritrea and Babylon/Russia / This Is For You!! / What Catholics Must Never Take For Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.