Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable (13564 Views)

NANS Threatens To Shut Down Nigeria Over FG's Planned Subsidy Removal / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by ayindejimmy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
These people are funny.

How do they plan to regulate groups on WhatsApp and the likes.

Those mediums are also used to spread falsehood
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Great0ne1:

You didn't add that you are also a BIG IDIOT
you’re free to say whatever you want. What I know is that social media need to be regulate cos in Africa we misused any opportunity been given to us. Zouma maltreated his pet and still posted it online to make fun of what?
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Emir01: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Theunbothered:

Question, are you from the North?

Too myopic to answer
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Urchman200:
no be only pdp supporter na p&id member.
You’re free, I let everyone know where I belong, so that you won’t say am an APC member.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
lexy2014:

So it is because of tiwa and oxlade issue that govt should regulate social media. That's interesting. So govt doesn't have work again? Can tiwa and oxlade not go to court if they didn't like their nudes being paraded in public?
Read very well my post, I gave example in tiwa and oxlade, couples and youths posting anything on social media without thinking about the consequences. In Africa we always misused opportunities given to us
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Enemyofpeace: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
kenzysmith:
Abacha no do reach this military government in disguise. He no go better for who they support this evil government
come and see chomtin
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Easy5265:

You must be proud of your infantile argument
you’re free to say whatever you want. What I know is that social media need to be regulate cos in Africa we misused any opportunity been given to us. Zouma maltreated his pet and still posted it online to make fun of what?

Meanwhile, your insult is one of the main reason, why social media need to be regulated. Hate speech
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Muhylonaire007:
[/s][s]

You are just another E-diot. You typed like an adult with no brain sir
You said it all, main reason social media need to be regulated especially in Africa. Hate speech. You don’t know me, at least I’m older than one of your family member
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
kenzysmith:
Abacha no do reach this military government in disguise. He no go better for who they support this evil government
I know you didn't read the post likewise a lot of other people commenting here. If you had read the post, you would have easily accept the fact that the social media regulation bill is not completely a bad idea.
Now, go back and read it before quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by lexy2014: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
Read very well my post, I gave example in tiwa and oxlade, couples and youths posting anything on social media without thinking about the consequences. In Africa we always misused opportunities given to us

I read your post very very well hence my response. With all the examples in this world, it is tiwa and oxlade sex tape that you use as justification for social media regulation

Pls speak for yourself. As an African what is the opportunity u were given which you misused?

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
lexy2014:

I read your post very very well hence my response. With all the examples in this world, it is tiwa and oxlade sex tape that you use as justification for social media regulation

Pls speak for yourself. As an African what is the opportunity u were given which you misused?
You know everything clear and clear but you hate to tell yourself the truth. Is it not on social media, those young boys ritual killer from Abeokuta said they got their guidelines from.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by SOFTENGR: 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
So these people are bent on shutting everyone up before 2023 election.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Muhylonaire007: 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
You said it all, main reason social media need to be regulated especially in Africa. Hate speech. You don’t know me, at least I’m older than one of your family member

Sure, I'm sure whoever you think you are older than is 101% reasonable and wise than you could ever be, son.
I'm glad none of them reason like you do grin grin
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Muhylonaire007: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
You know everything clear and clear but you hate to tell yourself the truth. Is it not on social media, those young boys ritual killer from Abeokuta said they got their guidelines from.

And so?
So because you have headache now, you will behead yourself as the cure to the headache
If social media should be regulated self, people like you shouldn't have access to it at all.... Why na, why you dey reason like this na?

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
Muhylonaire007:

And so?
So because you have headache now, you will behead yourself as the cure to the headache
If social media should be regulated self, people like you shouldn't have access to it at all.... Why na, why you dey reason like this na?
I’ve no time to argue with you, if they are successful in regulating it, then you can to Abj to protest , must you all died cos of social media. Twitter was banned, that doesn’t add to value to my life, it was unbanned it doesn’t add value to my life. What I valued most is my precious life, serve God & enjoying my hard earn money with ease .

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Muhylonaire007:

Sure, I'm sure whoever you think you are older than is 101% reasonable and wise than you could ever be, son.
I'm glad none of them reason like you do grin grin
You’re wiser. You get it.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:

You haven't answered my question:

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
lexy2014:

To access cheap internet that you have misused to fraud innocent souls and promote immorality & also borrowing cruel foreign culture that’s currently affecting our society
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by emecheboy2(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Racoon:
EXCLUSIVE: NBC, DSS can request user details without court order — inside FG’s planned social media regulation
Social Media is about free speech, not fake news, not regulations, not censorship and cancelling people and organizations etc.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by NessFortunate: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
I’m a patriotic. I like Nigeria a lot. I belong to PDP party. But my opinion on this issues, Nigeria need to speed up and start these social media regulations. Some jobless/unintelligent people have been using social media in a negative way. Example, that oxlade and tiwa issues, people intentionally leak their own sextape and lied people trying to blackmail them. In the world now, there’s no secret again, anything that happen will always appear on social media. Even couple fighting and still living under same roof, still using social media to fight themselves. Nigeria Government/African union need to bring back sanity to our continent. Foreigners likes coming to Africa to marry, am a living testimony, my wife is a foreigner. But nowadays, we have started adopting foreign culture which is bad to our way of life
the regulation seem good and neccesary, my grabs is the motive behind it. In the eventuality that one's account is hacked what happened?

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Theunbothered: 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Emir01:

Too myopic to answer

Oboy answer the question
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Walewow: 2:10am On Feb 11, 2022
Apc chai u people again
Nawa
I just wonder how Apc wan take campaign 2023
Wetin dem wan talk self say dem go do road give small children free meal dem go create jobs even if dem wan do gutter dem go borrow. I just dey wrong con3 at wrong time.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Karlosorji(m): 2:35am On Feb 11, 2022
triple996:
Tell that to kpurumiri cannibals cheesy
They need brain reset
Say no to cannibalism of your kingsmen grin
Am sure you think we are in this platform to play. So far, all your comments have been very foolish. I just pity you because it's your brain that needs resetting

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by lexy2014: 7:12am On Feb 11, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
To access cheap internet that you have misused to fraud innocent souls and promote immorality & also borrowing cruel foreign culture that’s currently affecting our society

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Enemyofpeace: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2022
Absolute nonsense!

Please how do I recover my Facebook account that was disabled by Facebook?
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2022
ajumma:
So that lily-livered, chickenhearted & cowardly monikers like : Ajumma
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Absolute nonsense!

Please how do I recover my Facebook account that was disabled by Facebook?
if you are claiming to be someone else in that account or you used vpn on it "forget about it; you Gerrit."
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2022
Karlosorji:
Am sure you think we are in this platform to play. So far, all your comments have been very foolish. I just pity you because it's your brain that needs resetting

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by ajumma(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist

“those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad”
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2022
lexy2014:

Lol, maybe you should google it, since all the written is on the wall for you to see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Did Not Make Any Allegations Against Aisha Buhari" - Senator Misau Speaks / DSS Cleared Dongban-Mensem Before She Was Nominated By NJC / Reps Fume As FG Borrows ₦5.62 Trillion To Fund 2022 Budget Deficit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.