Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation (46763 Views)

President Tinubu Attended Friday Prayers With Sultan Of Sokoto (Pictures) / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Rochas Over Support For Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Kwanza: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
The First Lady, Hajiya Aisha Buhari has called for the regulation of social media, noting that China with about 1.3 billion people had done so, stressing that many people could not visit their villages on account of fake news broadcasts.

She also berated state governors for failing to provide basic social amenities and infrastructure.

She said that things were getting out of hand, saying that her husband alone cannot handle the challenges facing the nation and admonished the political leaders to work together to bail the country of out of the challenges. She spoke on Friday at the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) General Assembly and National Executive Council (NEC) meeting at the National Mosque Abuja, with the theme, “Islam and National Development”.

She said, “On this issue of social media, you cannot just sit in the comfort of your house and tweet that the Vice President has resigned. It is a serious issue. If China can control over 1.3bn people on social media, I see no reason why Nigeria cannot attempt controlling only 180m people.”

The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo while formally declaring the conference opened, admonished Nigerians to be their brother’s keeper regardless of their religious affiliation, as all Nigerians are equal. He stated, “It is my view that the weight of ensuring that this country is on the right track is on our leaders. We should be our brother’s keeper no matter the religion.We should always be ready to make sacrifices for one another.

We have religious and tribal tension in this country. Many are beating the drum of ethnic and religious war. We are at a historic juncture of our nation.”

The NSCIA President-General and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III in his opening remarks, said the nation must come together to address its challenges, insisting that girl-child education and the Almajiri phenomenon must be addressed urgently.

He also disagreed with the calls for social media regulation, stating that there were laws to deal with the abuse of the platforms. “I have received so many calls on the need to regulate social media. In Nigeria, there are so many laws that can deal with this issue. “Some people even proposed having a hate speech law.

We must accept the outcome of whatever the people decided. After all, people voted for our political leaders. Let us listen to the voices of the people. It is important for us to do the wish of Nigerians,” the Sultan said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aisha-buhari-disagrees-with-sultan-insists-on-social-media-regulation.html

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by healthserve(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
Like its a contest. Between the Sultan and the one that belongs to the other room, who is more intellectually sound?

Anyway no surprise someone wants to steal peoples brains.... Brain stealers...

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by taylor89(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
Shebi una say this woman get sense

It's only a sweet fat diick could reset a woman's brain

I hope Yamaha Bello is not behind this brain reset

You came to power via hate speech now u want same format abolished

Thunder fire Buhari

409 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Minjim: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2019
China is NOT a democracy
If you want to make examples use countries like U.k, US, France....

405 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by DMerciful(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
I hope I have not been overrating her intelligence
Minjim:
China is not a democracy

272 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
For the first time, I can gladly say that Aisha Buhari has fallen my hands...

I expected this from the drug baron in bourdillion and not Aisha.. Beauty without brain, it's my opinion and not a hate speech

364 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2019
We all know if she's not in alignment with Buhari social media brouhaha mallam Daura and Aba Kyari will mutiny her and baba go marry another wife, so she must concur even if Buhari wan go 3rd term

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Banmeallday: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
China is not answering slave name. China hangs corrupt poltiicians...

Nonsense

370 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by chuckdelis: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
Aisha buhari now showing her true color, like that bleaching video.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by jahsharon: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
Minjim:
China is not a democracy

And it is the fastest developing nation in the world. Shouldn't we copy them? Our President too is a Soldier and definitely not a democrat. So he has something in common with the Chinese leader.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by jahsharon: 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
For the first time, I can gladly say that Aisha Buhari has fallen my hands...

I expected this from the drug baron in bourdillion and not Aisha.. Beauty without brain, it's my opinion and not a hate speech

This hatred that your parents planted in you is the reason why you are sad, angry, bitter, depressed and suicidal.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Brandstudio01: 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
grin
It's obvious that someone is playing a game of interest here.

One question in my mind is how come these guys never saw anything negative about the same Social Media when they where using it against the former government?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by ijewejones: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Media regulation after winning with the same tool..

Okay ooo..when cabals came knocking,MEDIA REGULATION wasn't called for.

Soja go,soja come..barrrack still remain

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by LegoxMetahuman: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
The First Lady, Hajiya Aisha Buhari has called for the regulation of social media, noting that China with about 1.3 billion people had done so
china has one of the best road network in the world, when will buari do that in nigeria?

china is also one of the best country in the world. where is nigeria?

china has some of the best infrastructures in the world, when is nigeria going to copy that?

quite disappointing this loads of crap is coming from her.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Bonapart(m): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Always knew this woman is a wolve in sheep clothing. Waste of beauty

47 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by IMAliyu(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ah yes let's copy china's authoritarian ways, but not it's anti corruption laws or economic development plans.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
I wouldn't blame this basstards,it is you cowards,yes every fvcking one of you,who risk your life,queue under the hot sun and rain to vote for this beasts when you all know they have not your interest at heart....

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Patrioticman007(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
What ?.If China can control over 1.3bn people on social media, I see no reason why Nigeria cannot attempt controlling only 180m people.

Do China have Jews ?. Do China have 5% enemies of state ?. Do China have 8ters ?. Solve the above problems, you solve 70% of Nigerias problems.

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Why won't she gun for social media regulation since her so called hubby is busy destroying the little we have left in this country.
Am not surprised what good can ever come out of a first lady who has not embarked on any meaningful project for her citizens since assumption into office if not traveling and wasting Nigeria resources

35 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Colonelswitz101(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Stupid bitch

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Kingrefreshed: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
Kwanza:
The First Lady, Hajiya Aisha Buhari has called for the regulation of social media, noting that China with about 1.3 billion people had done so, stressing that many people could not visit their villages on account of fake news broadcasts.

She also berated state governors for failing to provide basic social amenities and infrastructure.

She said that things were getting out of hand, saying that her husband alone cannot handle the challenges facing the nation and admonished the political leaders to work together to bail the country of out of the challenges. She spoke on Friday at the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) General Assembly and National Executive Council (NEC) meeting at the National Mosque Abuja, with the theme, “Islam and National Development”.

She said, “On this issue of social media, you cannot just sit in the comfort of your house and tweet that the Vice President has resigned. It is a serious issue. If China can control over 1.3bn people on social media, I see no reason why Nigeria cannot attempt controlling only 180m people.”

The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo while formally declaring the conference opened, admonished Nigerians to be their brother’s keeper regardless of their religious affiliation, as all Nigerians are equal. He stated, “It is my view that the weight of ensuring that this country is on the right track is on our leaders. We should be our brother’s keeper no matter the religion.We should always be ready to make sacrifices for one another.

We have religious and tribal tension in this country. Many are beating the drum of ethnic and religious war. We are at a historic juncture of our nation.”

The NSCIA President-General and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III in his opening remarks, said the nation must come together to address its challenges, insisting that girl-child education and the Almajiri phenomenon must be addressed urgently.

He also disagreed with the calls for social media regulation, stating that there were laws to deal with the abuse of the platforms. “I have received so many calls on the need to regulate social media. In Nigeria, there are so many laws that can deal with this issue. “Some people even proposed having a hate speech law.

We must accept the outcome of whatever the people decided. After all, people voted for our political leaders. Let us listen to the voices of the people. It is important for us to do the wish of Nigerians,” the Sultan said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aisha-buhari-disagrees-with-sultan-insists-on-social-media-regulation.html

Finally this woman have proved to the whole wide world that she actually belongs to the Oza Rum.

Tatashe dey her eyes and mind. I see she can't think straight anymore.

Now kwantinu!

24 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
If they circumcised our mouth and fingers
We will begin to strangle any evil politician that refused to perform

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Edu3Again: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
Nigerians the Social Media is our last avenue to air voice

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Guyman02: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
She is disagreeing with the Sultan openly, something that some sophisticated individuals whom he won't allow to sight the moon cannot do cheesy

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by meccuno: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
DMerciful:
I hope I have not been overrating her intelligence
grin

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by BlackPeni5: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
At least we now know where we are going after being compared to China

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by supercase1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
jahsharon:

And it is the fastest developing nation in the world. Shouldn't we copy them? Our President too is a Soldier and definitely not a democrat. So he has something in common with the Chinese leader.
shey u see how nigerriya don turn into China grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
healthserve:
Like its a contest. Between the Sultan and the one that belongs to the other room, who is more intellectually sound?

Anyway no surprise someone wants to steal peoples brains.... Brain stealers...
from what you read , didn't you notice that you are one of those VP referred to.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tambuwal Gives Abdullahi Shehu House & Hajj Seat (Photos) / ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP / Olubunmi Odumusi Dies After Swearing-in As Ogun Permanent Secretary (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.