Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market (5891 Views)

Ibo man Joe Ajaeran from Imo state Declares War On Tinubu Government / Peter Obi Causes Pandemonium At Ladipo Market As He Campaign For GRV / Labour Party Criticizes Sanwo-Olu Over Closure Of Ladipo, Oyingbo Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by LILTJAY1: 9:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hate politically correct people with passion angry

2 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by flokii: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
JohnSin97:

I hate igbo arrogance and their involvement in our politics but I disagree with you on this, these guys didn't put a knife to anyone's neck asking them to sell the land to them, it was a business transaction that was carried out between two individuals and no body forced anyone to patronize their business or do business with them. If you're to blame anyone blame the leadership in the region and the inability of the indigenes to control their lands.

And who said I'm blaming the Igbos alone?
The Igbos came into Ladipo first as tenants and divided the market into Igbo wing and Yoruba wing yet the morons we have as leaders see nothing wrong in that.

Can Igbos allow Yorubas own a section of their markets in the East talkless of being the head man in the market?

Instead of the Igbos to go and develop their region and make their markets more visible on the map, it's existing markets in South West they'll be targeting and how to displace Yorubas and take full control of the place.

2 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Urchman200: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:

You made valid points.. the campaign has started for Yorubas to stop selling off our ancestral lands to outsiders for money..
If worse comes to worst, the aggrieved traders can set the whole market ablaze including the warehouses they are using as a tool of intimidation.

This is why I strongly condemn this move of installing an ajoji as babaloja of Ladipo market. What is WRONG is WRONG and we must all condemn it.
bro this is subject to greed between the traders and land owners, is unfortunate situation, the land owners want more .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

NestOil.....I'm sure the igbo babaloja will gladly switch places with our brother Tunji. We give yorubas top refined top spots not nonsense title

Lol.. Let him go switch places and deploy his illiteracy skills and market Experience in developing NestOil.
You no dey fear, dey compare an MD/CEO to Babaloja. He didn't need NestOil, rather NestOil needs him.The lifewire of NestOil is in the hands of Mr. Tunji. NestOil would probably collapse if he walks away.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Poiu11: 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
watch balewa. the ibo are majority in ladipo market and voted for ibo person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8&t=9s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by aribisala0(m): 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Very Funny

Who made her Iyaloja??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Poiu11:
watch balewa. the ibo are majority in ladipo market and voted for ibo person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8&t=9s
He was appointed by Iyaloja. BTW, Ahmadu Bello was right.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Conrod: 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:

Which yeye brilliance is that?
Why didn't she vacate her own seat as Iyaloja and appoint an Igbo woman to take her place as iyaloja?

I feel sorry for the Yoruba race.. we have shown to be naturally docile people. These guys will now push their ethnic domination agenda in Ladipo market and box out all Yoruba business owners there.. Oju gbogbo wa a ja gbeyin. iran golugo.

One person will sit down somewhere and say he/she is Tinubu and be misbehaving and nobody will be bold enough to challenge them. Let them go and try this in North and see if ab0kis won't deal with them. Nonsense!
Mind ur speech, always remember to speak as a subject.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by MosheDayan: 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:
Will the Igbos ever allow a Yoruba man head any market in the East?

Ladipo market now has little to no Yoruba businesses there because of Igbo traders flooding the entire place. The mechanics and all that are Yorubas have been sent packing and yet Tinubu-Ojo thinks this move is the best?

Well I'm not surprised.. when someone is handpicked to a position instead of years of experience, they'll end up making a mess of the place.
you it's agbo they sell in Ladipo or Onisha? undecided
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
hahahahahaha....I just knew you would fumble and brag about the man that's why I didn't say his position in the company..let me flatter your weakness,people wey pass am dey for dia,he's nothing but a salary earner

PressMyButton:

Lol.. Let him go switch places and deploy his illiteracy skills and market Experience in developing NestOil.
You no dey fear, dey compare an MD/CEO to Babaloja. He didn't need NestOil, rather NestOil needs him.The lifewire of NestOil is in the hands of Mr. Tunji. NestOil would probably collapse if he walks away.

3 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Kingnelson9: 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
quote author=PressMyButton post=110122355]These are the very same people who were up in arms against Iyaloja general whose appointment is an age-long tradition preceeding the migration of ibos into SW. They talked down and hurled invectives at Babalojas and Iyalojas in Lagos markets.
It came as a shock that same people opposed to the installation of Babalojas and Iyalojas would gladly accept the installation of one of their own without batting an eyelid. If that is not the height of hypocrisy, I wonder what is.
The fact that these people, in the spirit of greed, would disrespect their hosts and throw at them all manner of insults, disregarding the conducive and friendly environment, atmosphere to strive, economic opportunities and sense of belonging and identity the host affords them.
How do you maintain a social relationship with people who kick against a cultural heritage of their host but turn around to celebrate it when it comes in their favour.
Since Babaloja is alien to the ibos, so, why accept the title?.. One would expect them to reject it with the same vigour they used in kicking against it whenever a Yoruba man is about to be installed.[/quote]oga go and hug transformer
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Kingnelson9: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
The Igbos started spare parts business there so the deserve to control the area for life.
Remember that Lagos cannot be what it is today with the Igbos ,so drop your hate and appreciate their efforts so that it will reach you as well

flokii:
Will the Igbos ever allow a Yoruba man head any market in the East?

Ladipo market now has little to no Yoruba businesses there because of Igbo traders flooding the entire place. The mechanics and all that are Yorubas have been sent packing and yet Tinubu-Ojo thinks this move is the best?

Well I'm not surprised.. when someone is handpicked to a position instead of years of experience, they'll end up making a mess of the place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Kingnelson9: 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:

Why didn't she vacate her own seat as Iyaloja and appoint an Igbo woman to take her place as iyaloja?

I feel sorry for the Yoruba race.. we have shown to be naturally docile people. These guys will now push their ethnic domination agenda in Ladipo market and box out all Yoruba business owners there.. Oju gbogbo wa a ja gbeyin. iran golugo.

One person will sit down somewhere and say he/she is Tinubu and be misbehaving and nobody will be bold enough to challenge them. Let them go and try this in North and see if ab0kis won't deal with them. Nonsense!
you can never grow in life if you continue with this mentality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Kingnelson9: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:

The Igbos first came into Ladipo market as tenants just like every other market but have now ganged up against the owners, taking over the whole place..

A revolution is coming cos we can't sit and watch Yorubaland fall to outsiders because of some people's political ambition.
I bet you to any level,you cannot do anything!
Stop this hate ! It will kill you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

hahahahahaha....I just knew you would fumble and brag about the man that's why I didn't say his position in the company..let me flatter your weakness,people wey pass am dey for dia,he's nothing but a salary earner

You're a airhead. I never said he was the most senior. I was referring to the day to day running of the company which is within his purview. He's the brainbox managing the affairs of the company.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
Okay waterhead..the koko is that you have confirmed we salary sawwuth west. the rest explanation from you is for your landlord. goan sleep

PressMyButton:

You're a airhead. I never said he was the most senior. I was referring to the day to day running of the company which is within his purview. He's the brainbox managing the affairs of the company.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by bomb24: 11:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

lol u just condemned that afonja-pig to the Mud were he rightfully belong's.

3 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by bomb24: 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
PressMyButton:

ode u don change mouth!
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kingnelson9:
The Igbos started spare parts business there so the deserve to control the area for life.
Remember that Lagos cannot be what it is today with the Igbos ,so drop your hate and appreciate their efforts so that it will reach you as well

You're only justifying his sentiments. You want to control a privilege given to you for life?. You forgot too soon that this same Ladipo market was recently shut down by Iyaloja and your parents selling their stuffs had to beg before the market was later unlocked. It takes nothing to throw him out and replace his flàt head.
You act like a wet fowl in the North knowingful well that your heads could come down on a plate if you go beyond you boundaries. But take the magnanimity of your Yoruba host for granted.
Una flogging remain small.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by ThEGodFaThEr902: 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
PressMyButton:

You're only justifying his sentiments. You want to control a privilege given to you for life?. You forgot too soon that this same Ladipo market was recently shut down by Iyaloja and your parents selling their stuffs had to beg before the market was later unlocked. It takes nothing to throw him out and replace his flàt head.
You act like a wet fowl in the North knowingful well that your heads could come down on a plate if you go beyond you boundaries. But take the magnanimity of your Yoruba host for granted.
Una flogging remain small.
Mumu odę, as I'm speaking to you now, more of our Yoruba people are selling off their inherited properties to igbos right now while they sleep on the roof.

4 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
bomb24:

ode u don change mouth!
Nitwit, where do I change mouth?.. A man who has had a wealth of experience before the existence of NestOil. The ignorant mofo called him a salary earner out of his acute buffoonery. He must have been hired by the owner to come grow his company with a specific template. He was sought after to help develop the company with his wealth of experience.
A typical ibo trader like you lacks the understanding of the dynamics of an organization which are the core competence of an average Yoruba man.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by PressMyButton: 12:10am On Feb 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr902:

Mumu odę, as I'm speaking to you now, more of our Yoruba people are selling off their inherited properties to igbos right now while they sleep on the roof.
But the man at the rooftop is a typical ibo man with an head warmer and a wrapper around his waist.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by YungMillionaire: 12:34am On Feb 11, 2022
Imagine a title as old as the Yoruba race itself given to an Igbo person. Yorubas na wa o! Na so Fulani chance Ilorin from their hands. Make Igbo or Fulani no come Warri come try dis kind nonsense o! Our blood dey hot from breakfast to dinner. We no get joy at all. We love all Nigerians but we don't play with our land or culture like Yoruba people do.

Meanwhile, Igbos will STILL hold their deep HATE for Tinubu as if he is responsible for the bad governance of the South East. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Cyoung4real(m): 12:48am On Feb 11, 2022
flokii:

The Igbos first came into Ladipo market as tenants just like every other market but have now ganged up against the owners, taking over the whole place..

A revolution is coming cos we can't sit and watch Yorubaland fall to outsiders because of some people's political ambition.

Omo una dey funny me shaa. How did dey take over the whole place? By gun, machete or what please explain because the way you sound, it's as if they chased away the owner forcefully and took over the place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by YungMillionaire: 12:49am On Feb 11, 2022
Cyoung4real:

Omo una dey funny me shaa. How did dey take over the whole place? By gun, machete or what please explain because the way you sound, it's as if they chased away the owner forcefully and took over the place.

Not every TAKE OVER involves violence. Use your head.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by bomb24: 12:50am On Feb 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

Nitwit, where do I change mouth?.. A man who has had a wealth of experience before the existence of NestOil. The ignorant mofo called him a salary earner out of his acute buffoonery. He must have been hired by the owner to come grow his company with a specific template. He was sought after to help develop the company with his wealth of experience.
A typical ibo trader like you lacks the understanding of the dynamics of an organization which are the core competence of an average Yoruba man.

he was sought after? or he was just been helped out of poverty, ode. he is just a mere salary earner as u can see on the list The Igbos are the pillar of his firm.....

no go fine work keep looking for omonna to give u tax of 100naira so u that drown your-self in your oil- condiment called ewedu.

1 Like

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Cyoung4real(m): 12:57am On Feb 11, 2022
YungMillionaire:

Not every TAKE OVER involves violence. Use your head.

That's what you should have done before dropping such senseless comment but anyways, you can't use what you don't have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by YungMillionaire: 12:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Cyoung4real:

That's what you should have done before dropping such senseless comment but anyways, you can't use what you don't have.

Check again. I did not drop the comment. Use your eyes.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Realist12: 2:53am On Feb 11, 2022
From my own point of view , this shows the kind of politics the Easterners like to play . They like to always play the victims when they feel like they are not getting what they want . They bash and abuse whenever things are not going their way , but at any slight chance you let them have it they want to take everything from your plate . That's why you see the business they do is mostly handled like a secret cult . All the importation business, you'd barely see any other tribe go into their line of business. Take a good look at your environment. Now look at the bigger picture
In the case of the presidency and the IPOB movement.
It's just the same tactics claim you need to break out and wanting to be the president at the same time . The body language is clear and people can read the gimmicks.
Congrats to the Baba oja. Hopefully he understands the culture and coordinate his kinsmen well .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by Jlow2: 3:23am On Feb 11, 2022
2023 taking shape
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by engrchykae(m): 3:31am On Feb 11, 2022
flokii:

tinubu is canvassing for Igbo support.
Re: Iyaloja Appoints An Ibo Man As Babaloja Of Ladipo Market by kayusely70(m): 3:45am On Feb 11, 2022
This is very unbecoming of those who sanctioned this!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Lead APC Campaign In Bauchi / US Erect Her World Largest Embassy On Eko Atlantic / Is Fr.mbaka Prophesy Coming To Fulfillment In Union Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.