Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

NASS Warns Nigerian Airlines Against Flight Delays, Cancellations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Warns Nigerian Airlines Against Flight Delays, Cancellations (4756 Views)

Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ / Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents / Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: NASS Warns Nigerian Airlines Against Flight Delays, Cancellations by tshtsh: 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
captainamiedi1:
Very annoying situation. Its no longer advisable to book flight on your appointment date because airpeace and co will disappoint you. I'm still waiting for the day I will fly on the exact time in my ticket. They must sha delay it by mins or hours. All you hear is sorry
The funny thing is that airpeace still gets the highest traffic. Their flights are always close to full and it looks like they have more resources than their competitors in Nigeria.The major cause of airpeace delays is their schedule structure . Unlike other airlines airpeace operates out of GAT terminal in lagos. FG has not done well as regards expanding that terminal. as its size has remained the same for as long as I can remember. In 2021 air peace took delivery of 5 Embraer 195-E2 aircrafts and two Airbus A320-200 aircrafts (a total of 7 aircrafts). In 2022 they've already taken delivery of three airbus A320-200 aircrafts and all or most of these aircrafts depart out of lagos GAT Zulu terminal between 6:30am and 7:30am daily. That airport is congested and this is where the delays start building up from. That terminal has only one or two security and boarding gates. It has a limited check in area and cannot process that number of passengers efficiently. If you go to the airport in addis ababa or nairobi or Johannesburg you'll see that a single airline has about 10 - 15 check in counters but in nigeria its usually not more than 2.

After boarding at GAT in lagos airlines face the second problem. The aircrafts are parked behind one another due to limited space in the ramp. Sometimes an aircraft will have to wait for the aircraft behind to move before they can depart. In the airports I mentioned above there are different boarding gates and each boarding gate leads to an air-bridge/finger which in turn leads to an aircraft. The aircrafts are lined up across a straight line with none packed behind the other as we see in Lagos. See the picture I attached from addis ababa and lome airports where once an aircraft is ready it is pushed back and taxis to the runway for take off. This is not the case in lagos and abuja airports. Then you also have most airports outside kano, lagos, abuja , phc not having ILS making airlines postpone flights when the weather goes south. Smart adeyemi knows these things and the aviation agencies are equally aware that is why none of the airlines gets sanctioned. Even when virgin nigeria was operating delays and cancellations were their second name because of these issues that FG has refused to address

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Moves To Check Excessive Borrowing By States / Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! / We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.