Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria (4734 Views)

The Growing Increase of Homosexuality In Nigeria. / FG Under Pressure To Legalise Homosexuality- Foreign Minister / Homosexuality In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
the decision to make homo sexuality a crime in nija is a wrong one
if you criminalise it then we drive homosexuals under ground
that is never going to give us the chance to know them and know why the do what they do
so that we can understand them
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is highly absurd and ridiculous idea. Nigerians and misplaced priority.

angry
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This is highly absurd and ridiculous idea. Nigerians and misplaced priority.

angry
bawo. . .se a ni se faji laleyi ni ?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2010
Not another homosexuality thread?!?

Who wants to take bets on how big this thread gets. I say 24 pages(since it is in the political section). Nothing like gay bashing to bring out the ugly in Nigerians.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by mynaija123(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2010
if u believe the bible,  pls read Genesis chapter 19 then you will understand were the word sodomy came from.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
mynaija123:

if u believe the bible,  pls read Genesis chapter 19 then you will understand were the word sodomy came from.

my friend, gerrout jor  angry cheesy

Who knows if Jesus was really the son of God or the lover of God undecided
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Becomrich12: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
Homosexuality is not  accepted in nigeria culture. and people must respect each  other . each society define what is norm.

In nigeria we like woman alot. that is what we like. That is how God made us. dont you see our population.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
I'm gay and am apy n proud of my lyf.any available guy shud cal me on 08035533651.i'l b glad u did.lets encourage freedom of sexuality.u nid 2 try sexing a guy d experience is awesome n indescribable.d feelin is of d hook my e.mail is gregakindele@yahoo.com n my face buk name is greg akindele.i'm tal,lyt skined n av a curly hair.i'l kis n touch ur d1ck lyk no gal has eva done *winks*
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
kulyie:

I'm gay and am apy n proud of my lyf.any available guy shud cal me on 08035533651.i'l b glad u did.lets encourage freedom of sexuality.u nid 2 try sexing a guy d experience is awesome n indescribable.d feelin is of d hook my e.mail is gregakindele@yahoo.com n my face buk name is greg akindele.i'm tal,lyt skined n av a curly hair[b].i'l kis n touch your d1ck lyk no gal has eva done [/b]*winks* 
INcredible  angry angry shocked

do you enjoy it animal ? angry
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

my friend, gerrout jor  angry cheesy

Who knows if Jesus was really the son of God or the lover of God
undecided
r u alright?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Rousseau: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
Religious doctrine is the bane of Nigeria. People follow scriptures that were written by man, but man is capable of errors. This goes for both Christians and Muslims. Our religion keeps us in shackles. Do not get me wrong, I believe in the necessity of believing in a God. However, my personal views on religion should not impact on the rights of others who may disagree with my views. This is the way that I approach homosexuality in Nigeria. If you argue from a religious point of view, then you are imposing your views on others, which is not right.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
I never heard of homosexuality being a crime in Nigeria.I know a couple of them mostly hairdressers.Lesbianism is however very high compared with the male version.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by isalegan2: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2010
Idehn:

Not another homosexuality thread?!?

Who wants to take bets on how big this thread gets. I say 24 pages(since it is in the political section). Nothing like gay bashing to bring out the ugly in Nigerians.

Are you a homosexual?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

Religious doctrine is the bane of Nigeria. People follow scriptures that were written by man, but man is capable of errors. This goes for both Christians and Muslims. Our religion keeps us in shackles. Do not get me wrong, I believe in the necessity of believing in a God. However, my personal views on religion should not impact on the rights of others who may disagree with my views. This is the way that I approach homosexuality in Nigeria. If you argue from a religious point of view, then you are imposing your views on others, which is not right.
my stand on homosexuality is more of a moral approach than religion.Do all atheists support homosexuality ? angry angry

the planet itself has a right to self-preservation.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by fstrangest: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2010
isale_gan2:

Are you a homosexual? 

Are you not?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by cold(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2010
kulyie:

I'm gay and am apy n proud of my lyf.any available guy shud cal me on 08035533651.i'l b glad u did.lets encourage freedom of sexuality.u nid 2 try sexing a guy d experience is awesome n indescribable.d feelin is of d hook my e.mail is gregakindele@yahoo.com n my face buk name is greg akindele.i'm tal,lyt skined n av a curly hair.i'l kis n touch your d1ck lyk no gal has eva done *winks*
This left me in stitches grin grin
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by smithll: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
"The day of accountability of mankind is getting closer and closer yet they are heedless and are turning away from admonition"
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by fstrangest: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my stand on homosexuality is more of a moral approach than religion.Do all atheists support homosexuality ? angry angry

And you ensure the planet's right to self-preservation by denying them their inalienable right to choose who they want to live/be with?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by isalegan2: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2010
fstrangest:

Are you not?

No.  I was asking the other guy though, since he generalized all Nigerians.  Did I offend you in some way?  Calm down.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by fstrangest: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
isale_gan2:

No.  I was asking the other guy though, since he generalized all Nigerians.  Did I offend you in some way?  Calm down.

You should calm down

It is non of your business what he does in private.

If you like Nyanshing men, good for you. That does not give you the right to know who and whom someone else prefers to Nyansh
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2010
fstrangest:

Are you not?
grin grin grin grin grin

Rousseau:

Word
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Rousseau: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I have encountered your views before as well. You come from a biological point of view. The necessity of not becoming a biological failure so people must strive to get their genes in the next generation. However, homosexuals make up a small part of human society. Humans numbers will not be impacted if someone chooses to be a homosexual due to the fact that there are those continue to produce the "traditional" way. I am for the rights of all people. These people are a minority and their rights must be respected. They are not doing others harm by doing those acts. We should not care what they do behind close doors. Who gives us the right to dictate how others should live their lives?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2010
fstrangest:

And you ensure the planet's right to self-preservation by denying them their inalienable right to choose who they want to live/be with?
I'm sure the wild animals would not accommodate them if we send the  to the wild forest.

we can't sacrifice sanity for the sake of some pervs
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by isalegan2: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
fstrangest:

You should calm down

It is non of your business what he does in private.

If you like Nyanshing men, good for you. That does not give you the right to know who and whom someone else prefers to Nyansh

grin grin  What?!
You are not serious.  I'm not responding to you anymore.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by udennaa: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
Never,not in nijja.the two major religion are against it n nigerians are too religious to allow such malady.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by cold(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I'm strongly against homosexuality myself btu when you introduce the issue of self preservation doesn't that fly in the face of religious dogma?Wht wld you say about preists who practice celibacy,aren't day also part of the problem when it comes to self preservation of the earth
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by oderemo(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
can u guys fast fwd the debate to the nature and nuture part .cos we ve been thru all this b4. cool
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

I have encountered your views before as well. You come from a biological point of view. The necessity of not becoming a biological failure so people must strive to get their genes in the next generation. However, homosexuals make up a small part of human society. Humans numbers will not be impacted if someone chooses to be a homosexual due to the fact that there are those continue to produce the "traditional" way. I am for the rights of all people. These people are a minority and their rights must be respected. They are not doing others harm by doing those acts. We should not care what they do behind close doors. Who gives us the right to dictate how others should live their lives?
culturally in Africa,homosexuality is a taboo and that cultural norms must be respected.it has nothing to do with civilization.
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by ekubear1: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2010
Homosexuality doesn't affect the life of heterosexuals in any real way.

If anything, more gay dudes = less competition for beautiful women!  grin grin grin
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by fstrangest: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

culturally in Africa,homosexuality is a taboo and that cultural norms must be respected.it has nothing to do with civilization.

What part of Yoruba culture prohibits homosexuality

Obviously, you dont know more about Yoruba culture than Prof. Wande Abimbola, and I have read and digested his opinion on homosexuality

You are talking from your arse, with no evidence whatsoever

BTW, how did you come up with the idea that the planet has a right to self preservation?
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by fstrangest: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
eku_bear:

Homosexuality doesn't affect the life of heterosexuals in any real way.

If anything, more gay dudes = less competition for beautiful women!  grin grin grin

Roger that!

BTW, how are those Ekiti chicks?

Please no finish dem all ok? Leave some for moi to chop when I land next year
Re: We Should Decriminalise Homosexuality In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
cold:

I'm strongly against homosexuality myself btu when you introduce the issue of self preservation doesn't that fly in the face of religious dogma?Wht wld you say about preists who practice celibacy,aren't day also part of the problem when it comes to self preservation of the earth
Most views against homosexuality come from religion,culture,moral,independent view but preservation of the earth itself dates back to the

natural order of things.Marriage has always been defined between ''a man and a woman'' until of recent when ''two consenting adults' was introduced to

re-define a natural phenomenon simply because some people felt attracted to their fellow sex.why did God not create Adam and another man ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘My Appointment Was Based On Merit, Not Because Of My Father’ - Dapo Lam-Adesina / Ak 2015 Governorship Race: Why Umana Okon Umana Must Run / 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.