Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. (360 Views)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market / What Is The Importance Of The Continental Free Trade Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. by Temidayo698(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2022
[b][/b] The Unknown Secrets about the African Continental Free Trade Agreement and How You Can Grow Your Business in the $1.3 Trillion Dollars Single Market

Follow this thread as Ozera Solutions the Lagos, Nigeria AfCFTA Business Development Partner help you get started wink

1 Share

Re: Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. by Temidayo698(m): 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2022
What is AfCFTA?

The African Continental Free Trade Area is an agreement that requires members to remove tariffs from 90% of goods, allowing free access to commodities, goods, and services across the continent.

This means that the bottlenecks in doing business with other African countries will be removed and Mrs Irene the palm oil businesswoman in Rivers can export her product to South Africa with 90% exportation expenses incurred removed. This is good because it will make her product affordable and highly competitive with other brands in South Africa.

The Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) is the flagship project of the Africa Union’s agenda 2063, and it is a blueprint for attaining inclusive and sustainable development across the continent over the next 50 years. It was created to boost intra-African trade by providing a comprehensive and mutually beneficial trade agreement among the member states, covering trade in goods and services, investment, intellectual property rights and competition policy.

“Agenda 2063 has a vision for Intra-African trade levels growing from less than 12% to 50% by 2045. It visualizes a continent that will underpin its development by investing in world-class
infrastructure and developing its manufacturing sector.”

The Africa We Want – African Union 2015.

Your prayers have been answered…

For those who have been praying and wishing that Africa becomes better, your prayers have been answered, all your “Naija go better'' dreams have not been conceived in vain for AfCFTA is the subtle answer to the prayers. For instance, for Nigeria's economy to be good then we need to do one thing more.

“Produce”

When we produce more, we will be able to export more and the gross domestic product (GDP) of Nigeria will increase, which also translates to a lower unemployment rate. As this happens in African countries more investments come in as foreign investors begin to see the health of African countries' economies........ READ MORE HERE https://www.facebook.com/1053094624875606/posts/1910518922466501/
Re: Afcfta: The Unknown Secrets About The African Continental Free Trade Agreement.. by Temidayo698(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2022
Let’s Help You Grow Your Business with the African Continental Free Trade Agreement

Something huge! Is happening in Africa and not many people know about it.

It will usher in a new era,

An era that will be a big transformation on businesses,

Some years back when I was a young scientist,

I specialized in experimenting with biscuits and snacks,

I was so vested in the experiments that I used my school feeding allowance to sponsor my experiments,

It was the good old times, I was in primary school and feeding
allowance was always provided by my patents,

But then I began to notice something,

Some biscuit brands were disappearing from the market,

While some of these highly essential experiment materials began to lose their quality,

I was young, I did not know the implication of what was going on,

I was pissed when I checked 10 authentic stores and supermarkets for Orange biscuit but was told it is not in the market,

But I did not know that as these companies were downsizing and folding up in Nigeria, some people were losing their source of livelihood.

I did not know their children’s education would be affected as their family faced financial storm,

Whether we like it or not capitalism fuel the economy of a nation,

These businesses had to fold up because the cost of production was too high and in order for them to have a good ROI they have to raise product price high and when they do that they experience low patronage,

Unfortunately, they have no choice but to relocate to other countries where they can operate at lower cost,

The younger me did not know that the business terrain in Africa was as hot as the dessert and businesses struggled to grow.

But January 1, 2021 something huge happened,

The African Continental Free Trade Agreement kick-started,

The agreement was signed by all countries in Africa except Eritrea,

With this agreement, the African continent is opening its borders to its member countries with up to 90% tariff removed on goods.

This means that Correct Madam J that produces Jute bags can export products under AfCFTA protocol to Ghana where people buy it a lot, and even set up a branch of her business there with ease without any custom bottlenecks.

Also, Mr James of JOil, the man that sells quality palm oil can now READ MORE HERE https://www.facebook.com/100003046594461/posts/4643551775756330/?d=n

(1) (Reply)

Mdf Doors / Earn 10$ Daily For Free / 8 Free Virtual Credit Card Without Verification (facebook Ads, Shopping, Paypal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.