Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians (7437 Views)

Osinbajo: FG To Create 21million Jobs, Lift 35 Million Out Of Poverty By 2025 / Osinbajo: FG Plans To Buy Locally Assembled Cars / Osinbajo: FG To Create 5million Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that under the Buhari regime, the Economic Sustainability Social Housing programme has built 19,478 out of its targetted 300,000 units for Nigerians.

This is as he said, the regime remains determined in its vision to build a nation where low-income earners have the dignity of a decent home and livelihood.

Osinbajo spoke on Friday in Masaka, Nasarawa State, at the commissioning of 248 housing units and commemoration of the 1,000th home built by the Millard Fuller Foundation, MFF.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement he signed on Friday titled ‘Vibrant housing market will boost Nigeria’s economy, people’s livelihood — Osinbajo’.

The Vice President, who described the commissioning as “a watershed event in the important work of providing housing for Nigerians who need it most,” said while the challenge of inadequate or no-housing undermines the quality of life of many Nigerians on a low income, it also denies the economy and, therefore, the collective welfare the growth that is possible through a vibrant housing market.

He maintained that the Buhari regime takes the challenges seriously by addressing the concerns. The most recent initiative, being the N200bn National Social Housing Programme under the N2.3tn Economic Sustainability Plan, aimed at delivering homes for Nigerians on a low income, as well as providing jobs for the local industry.

According to him, to ensure that these initiatives are sustained, the Federal Government is in the final draft stages of a comprehensive 10-year National Housing Strategy.

He revealed that under the ESP Social Housing programme, which will create up to 300,000 homes, 18 States have so far given land for free, while 19,478 homes have been built, including 582 purchased from the Millard Fuller Foundation.

“We are negotiating another 400 homes with them: the one-bedroom self-contained costs N2m and N3.2m for the two-bedroom. We negotiated with Dangote, BUA and Lafarge to give the Family Homes Fund cement at a 30 per cent discount. So we now have low-cost cement.

Highlighting the Millard Fuller Foundation’s housing units in Nasarawa State as an example of private sector partnership with the Government in reducing the social housing supply gap, Osinbajo expressed hope that “it can serve as a model for many others to follow, with the potential for creating homes that are affordable to Nigerians on a modest income, particularly our young people as they start out in life.”

In his remarks, Governor Abdullahi Sule thanked the Vice President for finding the time to commission the housing units and “to share in the joy of the beneficiaries, especially those of the Fuller Foundation,” describing the gesture as a demonstration of the VP’s care for the people.

Sule also commended the Federal Government’s effort to find solutions to the challenge of affordable housing and gave assurances that the State Government is committed to fixing the access road to the housing estate.

Earlier, the National Director of the Millard Fuller Foundation, Sam Odia, who described Osinbajo as a “man who has a heart for the poor,” expressed appreciation for the Vice President’s presence to commission the housing units.

He added that the foundation is working with the Family Homes Fund to advance the cause of social housing in Nigeria.

Also present at the event were the Managing Director of the Family Homes Fund, Mr Femi Adewole; the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Infrastructure, Ms Imeh Okon; officials of the State and Karu Local Government Council; the Etsu Karu, Luka Panya-Baba; and representatives of partners in the project, among others.
https://punchng.com/fg-has-built-19478-out-of-300000-homes-for-nigerians-osinbajo/?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2022
It is time to hold your state governor into account because they provide land for this project and have distribution plan. Just hope that the low income earners targeted, got the houses eventually

Information is key, when I first started that the ESP 300k houses would be built for low income earners at affordable prices to make them landlords and landlady's I thought it was a scam untill I registered mine....in fact, if you want to be part of the contractors, there is a register portal and same goes to labourers/workers. ..kudos to Dangote, Lafarge, BuA and others for dolling out cements and other materials for the execution of this important project.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by nony43(m): 5:14am On Feb 12, 2022
Oga way de on top me , na you bring news na you be the first to book space . Which kind greed be this.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Rollins777(m): 5:16am On Feb 12, 2022
No shame

26 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Lifestone(m): 5:16am On Feb 12, 2022
The responsibility of government is to create through policies, an environment that convert this social problems into business opportunities and see how private sector funds will troupe in. Most time what we need is policy adjustment examples abound
(banking, airlines etc)

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Fireboy02: 5:17am On Feb 12, 2022
Like buhari like osibanjo birds of the same feather.
Na only mumu go vote 4 osinbanjo
Liars.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Rugaria: 5:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Maybe they built the houses in zinder and marada in Niger republic, because I can't see any in the East..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by potbelly(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2022
6.5% achieved in 7+ years is a very poor pass mark.

43 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by crossfm: 5:20am On Feb 12, 2022
Hehehe.

The only problem I have with VP is allowing APC to use him. He doesn't need this type of propaganda at this critical stage.

Your chances of becoming president is better sir, don't let them drag you down.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by AdventHero: 5:20am On Feb 12, 2022
Good....cheers to development. More can be done though.

Meanwhile, join us for a short sermon as you spend your weekend
Titled: Why I believe Jesus is the Messiah [Youtube]
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by EKONGKING: 5:22am On Feb 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:23am On Feb 12, 2022
Rollins777:
No shame

Hold your governor accountable. It's simple. When portal for registration open, did you register? grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:23am On Feb 12, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only problem I have with VP is allowing APC to use him. He doesn't need this type of propaganda at this critical stage.

It's actually not one, a portal was opened and was even posted here for people to register.

Dangote, Lafarge, BUA gave out cements and some materials to start execute this projects....or Una no believe them too?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by chiedu7: 5:24am On Feb 12, 2022
AUDIO HOUSE

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by SmartPolician: 5:25am On Feb 12, 2022
TheRareGem1:
It is time to hold your state governor into account because they provide land for this project and have distribution plan. Just hope that the low income earners targeted, got the houses eventually

Information is key, when I first say the ESP 300k houses would be built for low income earners at affordable prices to make them landlords and landlady's I thought it was a scam untill I registered mine....in fact, if you want to be part of the contractors, there is a register portal and same goes to labourers/workers. ..kudos to Dangote, Lafarge, BuA and others for dolling out cements and other materials for the execution of this important project.

Much as I strongly suspect this to be Laolu Akande's Nairaland account, I must praise you for the maturity you display while supporting Prof. Osinbajo. You almost always state your facts and encourage interested people to key in.

You are not like those idiots that always stupidly speak of children of hate and perdiction. Someone should tell those nonentities, including that one whose name started with Mana, that leaders have to be constructively criticized to deliver for the greater good.

Anyways, keep it up!

17 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:26am On Feb 12, 2022
cry
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Nbotee(m): 5:29am On Feb 12, 2022
Will the low income earners get the houses? Will they be able to access the application and will their applications be considered and approved? We jus like to embark on white elephant projects that won't reach the targeted audience
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TenQ: 5:30am On Feb 12, 2022
TheRareGem1:

https://punchng.com/fg-has-built-19478-out-of-300000-homes-for-nigerians-osinbajo/?
That is 6.5% report card.
The FG have done really very well at least this is not a NEPA bill certificate.

We celebrate mediocrity too much in this country
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by CXLVII: 5:34am On Feb 12, 2022
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2022
Nbotee:
Will the low income earners get the houses? Will they be able to access the application and will their applications be considered and approved? We jus like to embark on white elephant projects that won't reach the targeted audience

This is actually targeted at them ..to make them house owners and bridge gap the housing deficits.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by ThEGodFaThEr902: 5:36am On Feb 12, 2022
Lori Iro

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:36am On Feb 12, 2022
CXLVII:
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

And bless Nigeria and Nigerians. Ameen
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by crossfm: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2022
TheRareGem1:

It's actually not one, a portal was opened and was even posted here for people to register.

Dangote, Lafarge, BUA gave out cements and some materials to start execute this projects....or Una no believe them too?

What do you mean by una?.
VP is my choice from the southwest if given the chance.

My advice is that he stay low-key, that's all.
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:37am On Feb 12, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr902:
Lori Iro

You didn't register when it was posted on nairaland grin grin. People like you collected the contracts o. People got jobs because made In Nigeria materials were used. Dangote, Lafarge BuA all gave out cements at subsidise rate

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by okechuks22: 5:38am On Feb 12, 2022
Keep decieving people oga vp

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by HilcomTech(m): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2022
This man can lie for Africa

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2022
crossfm:

What do you mean by una?.
VP is my choice from the southwest if given the chance.

My advice is that he stay low-key, that's all.

No need to go low key, he's not even a regular politician ...see with this plan; 2.3 trillion naira plan, he would have politicise it the moment Baba ask him to chair it but he didn't even to the extent of squandering it and using it to start camoait but he didn't. He drew up plan together with the team right during the hit of COVID.. survival fund ,grants for transport workers, offtake products like sanitiser, nose masks from Makers, solar power naija etc. These are project of the common man

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Nbotee(m): 5:41am On Feb 12, 2022
TheRareGem1:

This is actually targeted at them ..to make them house owners and bridge gap the housing deficits.

Yea we know it is targeted at them. But will they have access to it? We know these houses will be hijacked by politicians through their cronies in the agencies involved jus the same way they hijack contracts and other projects targeted at the masses.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Good initiative, but 6.5% in 8years with almost 400% increase in debt is quite poor.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by TheRareGem1(f): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Rugaria:
Maybe they built the houses in zinder and marada in Niger republic, because I can't see any in the East..

And you don't hold your governor accountable because he provided land grin grin. They are all onboard with this
Re: Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians by gambia(m): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2022
This fake pastor again, keep deceiving gullible followers. Nonsense and ingredients.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Tinubu's Skill Of Delegation Is A Requirement For Modern Democracy / Sanusi Marks 51st Independence In Church / Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.