Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

We Are Not Called Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Called Yoruba (664 Views)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / Top10 Reasons Why Many Igbos And So Called Yoruba Leaders Don't Want Buhari / ''chris Okotie Is Not Called By God,if Not He Wont Go Into Politics''-bakare, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Called Yoruba by Energy48(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2011
It is the height of IGNORANCE in this day of knowledge and enlightenment for our people to continue to respond to a name the ancestors (as recently as 170 years ago) will not recognise.

Read the link to know your real identity and stop identifying yourselves as Yoruba.

http://www.mawuvi.com/sample-pages
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by Energy48(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2011
Does anyone have any rebuttals after reading the information at the link?

I am happy to answer your questions. HIT ME!
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by ikeyman00(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2011
@@@@

in some books it think is called omo Yoruba
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by ektbear: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2011
didn't bother reading.

may have been called something else in the past, but from at least 1900 onward known collectively as yoruba

past is the past, let it be
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by EkoIle1: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
What's difference does it make? Find something better to do with your time.
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by saintneo(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
so what were they called?
Re: We Are Not Called Yoruba by Energy48(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

What's difference does it make? Find something better to do with your time.

Do you have a surname Eko? What difference does it make if you did? I am sure you will agree a surname helps to connect you with your family.

Well, so does the name of the people. The name of the people is their surname. If you get it right, the people get to know all members within the family. Likewise in this case, by getting the surname right, most southern Nigerians including the Igbo and the Yoruba will begin to see they are indeed not different ethnicities but rather they are ONE people from a common origin and thus UNITE them even more.

Now I have explained it to you, do you still think it makes no difference to know our proper name?

(1) (Reply)

Oil Minister, Her Jeweller And Their Sweetheart Deal / First Steps To A Non Violent Revolution / Acn Chewing Up Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.