Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement (4567 Views)

FG, ASUU Set October Deadline For Payment Of Salaries, Allowances’ Arrears / ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS / ASUU Set To Call Off Strike Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by NnaemekaImo: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
There are Strong signals that the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASSU may commence an indefinite and a total industrial action on Monday......

https://imoflash.com/ndi-imo/indefinite-strike-likely-to-commence-on-monday-ASUU

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by walemoney007(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
I won't blame ASUU

They have really tried a lot for the Buhari Administration

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Datikwerreboi(m): 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
ASUU has tried abeg. Most have not been paid for 2 years but our legislooters de cash out on a regular . Damn it

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Zionzoom(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
ASUU has tried abeg. Most have not been paid for 2 years but our legislooters de cash out on a regular . Damn it
a lecturer told me he have not been paid since 2017. But our lawmakers are collecting millions for newspaper allowance

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Herbephe1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Zionzoom:
a lecturer told me he have not been paid since 2017. But our lawmakers are collecting millions for newspaper allowance

since 2017? You'd better tell him the truth,he must have been sacked

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Zionzoom(m): 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Herbephe1:

since 2017? You'd better tell him the truth,he must have been sacked
he said he was being paid half of his salary, not all of it
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Zionzoom:
So you can imagine the wickedness

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by ArewaNorth: 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Zionzoom:
he said he was being paid half of his salary, not all of it

That Lecturer must be from state University!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by ManOfCompetence(m): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
The strike will be a warning strike starting on Monday
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by jconsulting(f): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
I think ASUU is the most useless organization I ever seen, they have a golden opportunity to air their voice during the 2019 election but 8s the same members of ASUU that INEC use as returning officers in elections that brought crazy politicians into power.If they have rejected being returning officers in 2019 ,the nation will have taking them serious

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by AntiBMC(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
Smh. Nothing works in this country. Educational system = 0
Judicial system= 0
Economy= 0
Security= 0. Just the way Oyigboupdate likes it.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 13, 2022
Yahoo part 10 loading.........
ASUU don make boys burst everywhere, make dem continue sha
Useless people

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by GemUnique(m): 2:37am On Feb 13, 2022
FG will be thinking of a tricky solutions now
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by GemUnique(m): 2:37am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by bluefilm: 3:12am On Feb 13, 2022
Eyaaaa

ASUU wants to kick off the Valentine Celebration for the students

But...

I know that some students will never come back to school after this strike because they will completely give up on education.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by MMWandali: 5:12am On Feb 13, 2022
I support the STRIKE ACTION but I will wish it commence after the completion of the current semester

Not a student tho...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by sinkhole: 6:17am On Feb 13, 2022
ManOfCompetence:
if ASUU NEC declare warning strike, I can bet with my right eye that no lecturer will join them in that warning strike!
When the strike is declared, it will be total and comprehensive till all the demands are met, this time around there is no cajoling by the FG.
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 13, 2022
Engineering Professors Wey no fit build alternator set dey strike angry

Watch this yoruba subtitled poem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQX6xNoifws
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by eteebanky1: 7:08am On Feb 13, 2022
After you receive over 55billion from the federal government, make dem chill, this present government has just months to conclude their term, strike isn't a wise decision at the moment, stop delaying students dreams

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by eteebanky1: 7:14am On Feb 13, 2022
ManOfCompetence:

Nonsense and ingredients, any sort of strike isn't an option at the moment. This is an election year, 55billion never do you, ole
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2022
walemoney007:
I won't blame ASUU

They have really tried a lot for the Buhari Administration

Not just for the Buhari administration.

Their grievances date back to 2009.

Their salaries have not been reviewed since 2009, and even the Otuoke fisherman who is an academic did not do anything about it for the 5 years he was there.

And some people think that leadership is all about having degrees.

The problem is that this country as a whole does not value education. They don't joke with the salaries of senators and reps, but joke with the paltry salaries of our academics.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by ManOfCompetence(m): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2022
eteebanky1:

Nonsense and ingredients, any sort of strike isn't an option at the moment. This is an election year, 55billion never do you, ole

God have mercy on you.....
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by ManOfCompetence(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2022
sinkhole:
if ASUU NEC declare warning strike, I can bet with my right eye that no lecturer will join them in that warning strike!
When the strike is declared, it will be total and comprehensive till all the demands are met, this time around there is no cajoling by the FG.

You want to lose your right eye for nothing.....be cautious with words man....
Let's see how things will turn out to be
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by LordIsaac(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2022
ManOfCompetence:

Here in UniJos sef, it seems most of the lecturers hate work and are always hoping for strike. The boy go truly lose him eyes for nothing grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by sinkhole: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
ManOfCompetence:

Your obstinacy is making me to think that the ASUU leadership has compromised, but something in me is still saying that the only true union in Nigeria that will never compromise her members is ASUU and hence, I still bet my right eye wink that the strike will be total and comprehensive!
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by sinkhole: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordIsaac:

Here in UniJos sef, it seems most of the lecturers hate work and are always hoping for strike. The boy go truly lose him eyes for nothing grin
But, you're contradicting yourself!
If UJ lecturers are lazy, then why should they want one week warning strike, instead of total and comprehensive indefinite strike?
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Spherical77(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
sinkhole:
Your obstinacy is making me to think that the ASUU leadership has compromised, but something in me is still saying that the only true union in Nigeria that will never compromise her members is ASUU and hence, I still bet my right eye wink that the strike will be total and comprehensive!
please don't be too over confidence, this present ASUU president seems to be so soft and calm compare to the past president. The outcome of the 2 days NEC meeting might end in just warning strike or whataview. I wouldn't want to sound so certain. Nevertheless, i doubt if there would be any sort of total and comprehensive strike
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by sinkhole: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Spherical77:
please don't be too over confidence, this present ASUU president seems to be so soft and calm compare to the past president. The outcome of the 2 days NEC meeting might end in just warning strike or whataview. I wouldn't want to sound so certain. Nevertheless, i doubt if there would be any sort of total and comprehensive strike
with your conclusion, based on the bolded, I think I have regained my confidence and I am "sad" to inform you that there will be total, comprehensive and indefinite strike, declared, latest, Monday morning embarassed
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by Spherical77(m): 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
sinkhole:
with your conclusion, based on the bolded, I think I have regained my confidence and I am "sad" to inform you that there will be total, comprehensive and indefinite strike, declared, latest, Monday morning embarassed
hope you are following the update from the NEC meeting? From all indications, ASUU aren't ready for strike. Watch out
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by opera1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
God shall surely confuse them and their counsel shall not stand In Jesus name Amen �.
Re: ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement by sinkhole: 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Spherical77:
hope you are following the update from the NEC meeting? From all indications, ASUU aren't ready for strike. Watch out
Alright cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Students Beat Up Soldie who assaulted a Female Student At an ATM in Benin / A Compendium of Clinical Medicine / Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.