Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? (2046 Views)

Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People / Did Tinubu Pioneer ECONET, TSA, Economic Summit In Nigeria? Fact Check / APC Screening: Tinubu Speaks On Bringing ENRON And ECONET To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
So in a previous post with link below,
https://www.nairaland.com/6982951/tinubu-lagos-gained-15-billion

There was a video evidence of Tinubu boasting of how he invested 4billion naira of Lagos money which yielded a return of 19billion naira into the Lagos State coffers.

While I admit that Tinubu sounded quite cerebral, and like someone with deep understanding of the working of the financial system and sector, I want to ask what the difference is between Tinubu’s investment in Econet and Peter Obi’s investment in Hero Brewery.

Now, one of the point that Tinubu supporters use in attacking Peter Obi is the fact that he invested Anambra money into ‘private’ business; when they want to be mischievous, they call it ‘family’ business. But these baseless lies they can’t prove. Because if that was to be true, Willie Obiano would have used it against Obi in their days of political loggerheads.

If anything, Econet is moribund today but Hero Brewery is still yielding millions, if not billions, into Anambra State coffers.

Now, would Tinubu supporters accuse attack Tinubu for taking 4billion of Lagos money to invest in Econet?

If they won’t, I want them to tell us how what Tinubu did is different from what Peter did with Anambra money.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Investigative: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Dick measuring with Peter obi
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by LegendHero(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Did Tinubu got any of his personal company as stake in Econet when he invested Lagos money?

Well same cannot be said of Peter Obi because he invested state money in a business he has personal stakes in. That’s conflict of interest.

Now let me ask you, what is the difference between what Tinubu did with Alpha Beta and what Peter Obi did with the brewery? Why have your people run riot on Tinubu name hypocritically and then absolve Peter Obi of the same thing?

—Tinubu allegedly own Alpha Beta who consults for Lagos government and get 10% of any revenue they generate for the government.

—Peter Obi allegedly promoted Intafact, jointly owned by SABMiller, a South African joint brewery venture, as a state business interest and funding the firm with more than N2 billion of Anambra government funds while also allocating shares in the company to himself.

21 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:
Did Tinubu got any of his personal company as stake in Econet when he invested Lagos money?

Well same cannot be said of Peter Obi because he invested state money in a business he has personal stakes in. That’s conflict of interest.

Now let me ask you, what is the difference between what Tinubu did with Alpha Beta and what Peter Obi did with the brewery? Why have your people run riot on Tinubu name hypocritically and then absolve Peter Obi of the same thing?

—Tinubu allegedly own Alpha Beta who consults for Lagos government and get 10% of any revenue they generate for the government.

—Peter Obi allegedly promoted Intafact, jointly owned by SABMiller, a South African joint brewery venture, as a state business interest and funding the firm with more than N2 billion of Anambra government funds while also allocating shares in the company to himself.

Can you post the proof of Peter Obi’s personal shares in Sabmiller?

That’s unlike Tinubu whose company handles a task as huge as IGR collection that ordinarily should be handled by Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue but he rendered that agency redundant so Alpha Beta could grow.

How does it compare?

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:

I dont think peter Obi is part owner of sabmiller, it is also public knowledge that it is Anambra state that owns the invested stake. I dont know if it was Lagos state that owned the stake or Tinubu on moribund Econet shares.

Moreover you cannot categorize Alphabeta with sabmiller a manufacturing company that has put its Anambra state plant on export to other countries, alongside you dont have a 1000 page petition filed by the MD of sabmiller at the EFCC against Anambra state or Peter Obi who initiated the investment on the state behalf.

Likewise Alphabeta is robbing peter to pay paul for a job the LIRS can do efficiently at a much lower cost.. 10% of Lagos revenue monthly would make a huge change in makoko yaba for example..

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by LegendHero(m): 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
Penguin2:

Can you post the proof of Peter Obi’s personal shares in Sabmiller?

That’s unlike Tinubu whose company handles a task as huge IGR collection that ordinarily should be handled by Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue but he rendered that agency redundant so Alpha Beta could grow.

How does it compare?

Below is Peter Obi statement by himself towards the 2019 election debate.

He never denied his family have a % in the company he invested state money on. His only defense was that it was his parent business and not his own business, which to me is pure nonsense.

Now I challenge you to bring the book of Alpha Beta board of directors that mentioned Tinubu name as the owner. Nowhere in an official document was it stated that Tibubu owns Alpha Beta just as Peter Obi said that his parents and not him were the owner of the other company he invested state money on.

Peter Obi, vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has explained why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by his family.

He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer.

His words: “I brought International Breweries into Nigeria and as a Governor of a state, they built a greenfield facility in the state and they came to me and said ‘as our partner, we want you to own 15 per cent of this company’, and I said to them ‘No, right now, I am the Governor of a state. I know the future of this brewery, and I want the state to own 10 per cent and since I’m no longer involved in the company, they can own five per cent’. I put in $30million of state money there, it’s now worth $100million and it’s still there. No other state in this country has such investment.

“Personally, I have no investment; not even one Naira. Go to Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) today, if you will see Peter Obi as owner of one share; it doesn’t exist. Next is a family company started by my own parents and as their child, I ran it at a time, and when I became Governor, I had nothing to do with it till today.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by LegendHero(m): 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Esseite:

I dont think is part owner of sabmiller, moreover you cannot categorize Alphabeta with sabmiller.. moreover you dont have a 1000 page petition filed by the MD of sabmiller at the EFCC.

Alphabeta is robbing peter to pay paul for a job the LIRS can do efficiently.

So because there is no 1000 page petition against Obi, that means we can overlook what he did?

Because there is no 1000 page petition, we can overlook him investing in offshore business while being governor and failed to declare same asset. Think about it, what will make a man own a business he is not proud to declare as an asset? Let your mind be the judge.

Lastly, if Obi have the numbers of political enemies Asiwaju has made due to him winning multiple times and strong enough to build structure, he won’t last a single year before he will be finished. What people will over look Obi for, they will castigate Asiwaju about.

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by SwissMass: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Alright
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Gbagura: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Penguin2:
So in a previous post with link below,
https://www.nairaland.com/6982951/tinubu-lagos-gained-15-billion

There was a video evidence of Tinubu boasting of how he invested 4billion naira of Lagos money which yielded a return of 19billion naira into the Lagos State coffers.

While I admit that Tinubu sounded quite cerebral, and like someone with deep understanding of the working of the financial system and sector, I want to ask what the difference is between Tinubu’s investment in Econet and Peter Obi’s investment in Hero Brewery.

Now, one of the point that Tinubu supporters use in attacking Peter Obi is the fact that he invested Anambra money into ‘private’ business; when they want to be mischievous, they call it ‘family’ business. But these baseless lies they can’t prove. Because if that was to be true, Willie Obiano would have used it against Obi in their days of political loggerheads.

If anything, Econet is moribund today but Hero Brewery is still yielding millions, if not billions, into Anambra State coffers.

Now, would Tinubu supporters accuse attack Tinubu for taking 4billion of Lagos money to invest in Econet?

If they won’t, I want them to tell us how what Tinubu did is different from what Peter did with Anambra money.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by yuping(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
undecided claims and fact you all can't defend abeg make una talk reality joor.
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Shetemi12(m): 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Vote BAT2023

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:

He never denied his family have a % in the company he invested state money on. His only defense was that it was his parent business and not his own business, which to me is pure nonsense.

Now I challenge you to bring the book of Alpha Beta board of directors that mentioned Tinubu name as the owner. Nowhere in an official document was it stated that Tibubu owns Alpha Beta just as Peter Obi said that his parents and not him were the owner of the other company he invested state money on.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

So how does Peter Obi’s parents translate to Peter Obi?

And even if…

Would Obi not invest in profitable venture just because the company has ties to his parents?

Is it unconstitutional?

Did Anambra lose?

And about Alpha Beta, if Tinubu was not scared of being exposed, why did he request an out of court settlement with Mr Apata who was ready to open his nyash?

To you guys, it is only what Tinubu did that is right. If another person does it, it’s wrong.

Your double standard stinks

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:

So because there is no 1000 page petition against Obi, that means we can overlook what he did?

Because there is no 1000 page petition, we can overlook him investing in offshore business while being governor and failed to declare same asset. Think about it, what will make a man own a business he is not proud to declare as an asset? Let your mind be the judge.

Lastly, if Obi have the numbers of political enemies Asiwaju has made due to him winning multiple times and strong enough to build structure, he won’t last a single year before he will be finished. What people will over look Obi for, they will castigate Asiwaju about.

“In every rumour, there’s an iota of truth”.

All the accusations of Tinubu being the owner of Alpha Beta can’t all be false accusation by different people and agents.

Now, Tinubu floated Alpha Beta to do the job that can be handled by LIRS.

He had an alternative, to make LIRS efficient and accountable but chose to make the agency more redundant and float his personal business.

Now tell me what was Obi’s alternative investment platform as of the time he invested in Sabmiller. He should kept the $30million dollars in the bank to remain 30 million instead of yielding the 100mllion it became?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by LegendHero(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
Penguin2:

So how does Peter Obi’s parents translate to Peter Obi?

And even if…

Would Obi not invest in profitable venture just because the company has ties to his parents?

Is it unconstitutional?

Did Anambra lose?

And about Alpha Beta, if Tinubu was not scared of being exposed, why did he request an out of court settlement with Mr Apata who was ready to open his nyash?

To you guys, it is only what Tinubu did that is right. If another person does it, it’s wrong.

Your double standard stinks

So it is right for Peter Obi to invest state money in his family business? Same business he was previously a director under before he became governor?

He said it himself on video. He said he ran the business for a time before he became governor. Then the same man invested state funds in the business and you’re here asking JAMB questions.

This same man was saying all this at a time we did not even knew he had an offshore business entirely that he failed to declare. Only God knows how much Anambra state money he invested in that business coz him not openly bold enough to declare the asset speaks volumes in itself of his corrupt mindset.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:

So it is right for Peter Obi to invest state money in his family business? Same business he was previously a director under before he became governor?

He said it himself on video. He said he ran the business for a time before he became governor. Then the same man invested state funds in the business and you’re here asking JAMB questions.

This same man was saying all this at a time we did not even knew he had an offshore business entirely that he failed to declare. Only God knows how much Anambra state money he invested in that business coz him not openly bold enough to declare the asset speaks volumes in itself of his corrupt mindset.

You still haven’t answered my question…

Is it unconstitutional?

Was it a bad business for Anambra govt?

Should Obi not invest in profitable business because his family has stake?

Would it have been better that he kept the 30million dollar redundant in the bank instead of using it for business?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by jmoore(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
If Lagos generates 500 billion from taxes, then 10% goes to Tinubu. That's 50 billion naira. Tinubu created a system that will make him keep looting from Lagos state legally.

I see no reason why any government should be using agents to collect revenues.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
LegendHero:

Typical of you people…

The question was, “what is the difference between Tinubu’s investment in Econet and Obi’s investment in Sabmiller Breweries”?

Now, because you know that you guys has been maliciously accusing Obi wrongly for doing what your lord and master already did for as far back as 2003, you are now shifting the argument to offshore companies and tax.

Have you ever listened to Obi’s side of the story on Pandora papers?

It was not his idea but the idea of his financial advisers.

Meanwhile, how was that injurious to Anambra govt?

If he declared them, what difference would it have made?

Would he pay tax to Anambra State coffers for a business not domiciled in Anambra?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by NGpatriot: 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ipob OP scored his own goal with his oga Pandora dick measurement...

Low self esteem people..

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
jmoore:
If Lagos generates 500 billion from taxes, then 10% goes to Tinubu. That's 50 billion naira. Tinubu created a system that will make him keep looting from Lagos state legally.

I see no reason why any government should be using agents to collect revenues.

It’s been officially recorded that Lagos generates about 1.3trillion Naira in IGR per annum according to records from NBS. Now calculate the 10% of that money and see how much Tinubu pockets from Alpha Beta alone. We have not talked about his many other illegal dealings with Lagos finances through the stooges he installs as governors.

But we are not even talking about Alpha Beta now…

We are talking about Tinubu’s investment of 4billion of Lagos money into Econet which brought returns of 19billion to the state’s financial coffers.

The question however is, how is that action of Tinubu any different from what Tinubu urchins have been accusing Obi of doing when Obi invested Anambra money in Sabmiller which is yielding returns till today?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 6:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
NGpatriot:
Ipob OP scored his own goal with his oga Pandora dick measurement...

Low self esteem people..

You can do better na…

Don’t tell me you can’t come up with something more logical.

Or you are absolutely defenseless at your double standard?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by 1819nine: 3:14am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by 1819nine: 3:14am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

[/s]
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by 1819nine: 3:15am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by aribisala0(m): 3:33am On Feb 13, 2022
Penguin2:

It’s been officially recorded that Lagos generates about 1.3trillion Naira in IGR per annum according to records from NBS. Now calculate the 10% of that money and see how much Tinubu pockets from Alpha Beta alone. We have not talked about his many other illegal dealings with Lagos finances through the stooges he installs as governors.

But we are not even talking about Alpha Beta now…

We are talking about Tinubu’s investment of 4billion of Lagos money into Econet which brought returns of 19billion to the state’s financial coffers.

The question however is, how is that action of Tinubu any different from what Tinubu urchins have been accusing Obi of doing when Obi invested Anambra money in Sabmiller which is yielding returns till today?

That question has been addressed above you unless you do not ike the answer or are pretending not to see it

Anyway neither Obi nor Tinubu will be president but Tinubu is more cerebral and visonary than Obi .Obi is empty.
Tinubu is old bu Obi is zero even Rochas is better

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by Penguin2: 7:19am On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:

That question has been addressed above you unless you do not ike the answer or are pretending not to see it

Anyway neither Obi nor Tinubu will be president but Tinubu is more cerebral and visonary than Obi .Obi is empty.
Tinubu is old bu Obi is zero even Rochas is better

Rochas is better than Obi?

One thing about you Tinubu supporters is the fact that you never see any good in opposing candidates. Not Osinbajo, not Obi, nor anyone else. It shows your level of fanaticism and how much you have relegated reason.

Some of us who support Obi will always accept that Tinubu is intelligent, that he is good with spotting talents and using the right people for the job. We also concede that he did his best as governor of Lagos. Then we condemn what he has done wrongly. That’s what reasonable people do.

But not you guys; you never admit anything good about Obi. You never accept there’s anything good about Osinbajo or Amaechi. To you guys, any other Nigerian is incapable and only Tinubu is capable. Your education is questionable.

So if you were an employer and Rochas and Obi CV were submitted to u, u would choose Rochas over Obi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by aribisala0(m): 9:13am On Feb 13, 2022
Penguin2:

Rochas is better than Obi?

One thing about you Tinubu supporters is the fact that you never see any good in opposing candidates. Not Osinbajo, not Obi, nor anyone else. It shows your level of fanaticism and how much you have relegated reason.

Some of us who support Obi will always accept that Tinubu is intelligent, that he is good with spotting talents and using the right people for the job. We also concede that he did his best as governor of Lagos. Then we condemn what he has done wrongly. That’s what reasonable people do.

But not you guys; you never admit anything good about Obi. You never accept there’s anything good about Osinbajo or Amaechi. To you guys, any other Nigerian is incapable and only Tinubu is capable. Your education is questionable.

So if you were an employer and Rochas and Obi CV were submitted to u, u would choose Rochas over Obi?
I am not a Tinubu supporter. That is not news
One thing about many jobless IPOB miscreants is you assume anyone that does not see your perspective is a Tinubu supporter
You cannot conceive a neutral observer because of your prejudice. Well that is exactly what I am
Check my records on this site I do not support anybody

I am not a Tinubu supporter
I just pointed out that he would be a better candidate than Obi.
That is obvious to any observer of politics in Nigeria
Next?

That I said Rochas is better than obi tell you how poor a candidate Obi is
Obi is EMPTY . At least Rochas left some statues . What is it that I would sit in Kwara or Gombe and say we heard that Obi did for Ndi Anambra let him come and do for us NAME ONE THING

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by GumGum: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2022
LegendHero:

This is the concluding part of his reply:

" I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?

“I left office in this country, leaving Anambra State with investment in cash of N75billion. The day I left office, we had $56million, N12billion in Fidelity Bank.; in Diamond Bank, $50million, N12billion; in Access Bank, $50million, N12billion for Anambra State. Show me in the history of this country where anybody has left 10 per cent of that.”

His reply should answer your question. In case you don't know what I am talking about, let me say it as simple as possible.

Investing the state's money in companies a governor has shares in isn't wrong or illegal. If the çompany is bound to do well and fetch more revenue for the state, that should be encouraged and even applauded.
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by aribisala0(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2022
GumGum:

This is the concluding part of his reply:

" I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?

“I left office in this country, leaving Anambra State with investment in cash of N75billion. The day I left office, we had $56million, N12billion in Fidelity Bank.; in Diamond Bank, $50million, N12billion; in Access Bank, $50million, N12billion for Anambra State. Show me in the history of this country where anybody has left 10 per cent of that.”

His reply should answer your question. In case you don't know what I am talking about, let me say it as simple as possible.

Investing the state's money in companies a governor has shares in isn't wrong or illegal. If the çompany is bound to do well and fetch more revenue for the state, that should be encouraged and even applauded.
Investing a state's money in a company the governor has interest in is a conflict of interest and should be declared puclicly
The governor is likely t benefit finacially because such investment wuld potentially boost the value of his investment
Let the lawyers tell us whether it is illegal in Nigeria. It is illegal in many democracies. Whether illegal or not it is immoral
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by GumGum: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:

I am not a Tinubu supporter. That is not news
One thing about many jobless IPOB miscreants is you assume anyone that does not see your perspective is a Tinubu supporter
You cannot conceive a neutral observer because of your prejudice. Well that is exactly what I am
Check my records on this site I do not support anybody

I am not a Tinubu supporter
I just pointed out that he would be a better candidate than Obi.
That is obvious to any observer of politics in Nigeria
Next?

That I said Rochas is better than obi tell you how poor a candidate Obi is
Obi is EMPTY . At least Rochas left some statues . What is it that I would sit in Kwara or Gombe and say we heard that Obi did for Ndi Anambra let him come and do for us NAME ONE THING

What do you feel is good governance? Building of statues?

In fact, if you are asked about how to make Nigeria great, I doubt you'd have an answer for it.

A country can only be great by encouraging local production and building infrastructure, and these can majorly be processed by revenue generation and blocking of loopholes that exploit the monies that should go to the State. These in turn promote more production, infrastructure and again revenue generation.

Peter Obi is a man that knows what it means to manage an economy without fleecing the populace. Every right thinking Nigerian who really wants this country to even start being okay will support Obi. His past speaks for him.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by aribisala0(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2022
GumGum:

What do you feel is good governance? Building of statues?

In fact, if you are asked about how to make Nigeria great, I doubt you'd have an answer for it.

A country can only be great by encouraging local production and building infrastructure, and these can majorly be processed by revenue generation and blocking of loopholes that exploit the monies that should go to the State. These in turn promote more production, infrastructure and again revenue generation.

Peter Obi is a man that knows what it means to manage an economy without fleecing the populace. Every right thinking Nigerian who really wants this country to even start being okay will support Obi. His past speaks for him.

You really do have poor comprehension

The point is Rochas with his statues as ridiculous as he was is better than Obi

I am not saying Rochas is a good candidate. He is just less bad than Obi.

I hope you can comprehend simple Englsh

Tell us what Obi did for Ndi Anambra that would make the people of Gombe enthusiastic. Spare us all the praise.

What are his achievements
I am saying Rochas statues tops anything Obi did
Re: What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? by GumGum: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:

Investing a state's money in a company the governor has interest in is a conflict of interest and should be declared puclicly
The governor is likely t benefit finacially because such investment wuld potentially boost the value of his investment
Let the lawyers tell us whether it is illegal in Nigeria. It is illegal in many democracies. Whether illegal or not it is immoral

You obviously didn't read the link you posted.

He clearly stated that he has no shares in that company. He was offered percentages but he refused it. We are talking about a transparent individual who answers questions confidently because he tries his best to keep his hands clean.

I ask you this, what to you want for Nigeria? A leader with past records of sabotage and syphoning of public funds or one with antecedents of frugality and fidelity?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Not In Support Of Peter Obi Ambition - Obiano Former Aide / BREAKING: IPOB Clashes With Hope Uzodinma In UK (video) / Labour Party Guber Rally In Langtang LGA, Plateau State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.