Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Life Itself Is Transient - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Life Itself Is Transient (249 Views)

I Need Guidance In The Use Of Electrical Transient Analysis Program(etap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Itself Is Transient by moscobabs(m): 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
*!Life Itself Is Transient*

While I was working in the bank, my immediate boss was transferred on promotion and I took his place.

Then, he called me in the midst of a fuel scarcity to help him request for 20 liters of petroleum from an oil dealer who was a good customer of ours at the time.

I asked why he didn't make that request himself, he said he had but the man told him there was no fuel.... It was not as if he wanted it for free but at normal price.

My boss told me he would listen to me because I'm more relevant to him now. I requested for 40 liters (20 for me & 20 for my boss), within 30 minutes the 40 liters were delivered by him in 2 kegs through his boys.

I took it to my boss and he told me to look for a book, *"The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli* to understand people's response to power. He said the man only respect the seat and whoever is there at the moment doesn't matter.

He told me that same thing would happen when I leave that seat. So, I have always been mindful of the *"former"* tag. Even the authority we wield while alive is always watered down at death.

I saw our former Governor, standing at the airport with his briefcase alone, while a former Minister was in a group and no one recognised him again.

That is life. You are big and respected today. Then you are not big again once you leave that seat .

*When you are in a position of authority or influence try not to let it get to your head.*

COPIED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Itself Is Transient by ahnie: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
Simply put....Life no balance.

2 Likes

Re: Life Itself Is Transient by doggedfighter(f): 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Well written !

(1) (Reply)

5 Important Benefits Of Social Media Marketing To Your Business / Who Can Help Me Answer This Question / Real UK Senior Carer Interview Questions And How To Answer Them ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.