Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) (41746 Views)

Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Mallam El-rufai's Son Enrolled In Local Kaduna School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by ShaqFu: 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
Yet this set of depraved ignoramus still think their opinion matter. I wonder how a people will sit in their houses and believe making noise on social media is the way to effect change.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Chidexthebest: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
hopexter:

Turnout is low or there was no turnout? Which one cos you don contradict the story
Lol it was low. At the polling unit I was posted to, just 60 people out of 2607 registered voters came out to vote

1 Like

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by onuman: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
aboyaji:
Ok na.

As for me, I didn't step outside the whole of today. I can't be entertained by the violent displays of those Hausa boys, unnecessary stunts and wild rough play.

I jejely respected myself. And I don't know whom to vote for here in Abuja too.

If you continue to let the Hausa boys have their way, before long, they will have all in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Jmichael1(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
osuofia2:
we all know that most LGA elections are usually won by government or party in power.
That is why you see most LG chairmen are party members of the governor's party.
In the case of Abuja, the minister is an appointee of the ruling party so you should know the direction of the results

u are right bro,we already knw d winner b4 the election go start.nah i go dye talk am ooh......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Mummyfour(f): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Roedu:
Very true..low turn out

The quality of education and living standards in Ukraine are amongst the highest in the world, and the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries.

Contact us for personal consultancy with the numbers below

Agencies and Partners on NAIRALAND are welcome to collaborate with us.
the same Ukraine that Russia is planning to decimate.
Is it possible to be looking at going there now when even America is asking her citizens to leave Ukraine

1 Like

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by 9japride(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
aboyaji:
Ok na.

As for me, I didn't step outside the whole of today. I can't be entertained by the violent displays of those Hausa boys, unnecessary stunts and wild rough play.

I jejely respected myself. And I don't know whom to vote for here in Abuja too.
[color=#006600][/color]

Those guys are dangerous. But some mischief makers claim Igbos are the problems in Nigeria especially to host communities. Everyone should love the Hausa boys they are very friendly.

1 Like

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Reference(m): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
kollinpowel:
It's their loss ,later them go come social media to dey open mouth .

Are you sure of this?
For they will have gained the much needed rest and possibly made a few more quid.
Rather than partake in a system guaranteed to make them worse in time to come.
Voter apathy is everywhere in the world where democracy in truth is not working well.

As for the complaints.
It is better not to vote and later complain than to vote and be disappointed.
Bitter bile consumes faster from within, which is the experience of most who carry their oppressors on their heads.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Reference(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
we in Abuja, we have PVC, but you need to come here and see how those Hausa boys recruited by APC are misbehave under police supervision, trust me it doesn't worth risking your life, nothing to benefit, only your family will still be looking for how to bury you if those miscreants kill you.

Exactly. Yet they are the worse victims of the bad governance they fight and maim for.
So my first principle of collective suffering via democracy is simple.
Yes, we will rescue the drowning men but not quick enough so he doesn't kill us too.
Let them expend all their energy of installing bad leaders. When they are spent with suffering and are ready to e rescued, then we will start to vote.

Nigerians are still not ready to move forward. You simply cannot force that horse to drink.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Decryptor(m): 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lies! People came out to vote which was unexpected to me. It was the electoral officials who were being shady and deliberately delaying the voting process while electorate were patiently waiting under the sun because they were scared that if they allowed the voting process, it may truncate their premeditated plans of self-imposing a winner of their choice.

Many voters were complaining about these delays in some polling centres which I visited around Nyanya-Karu-Jikwoyi axis with some getting tired of waiting and going home out of frustration.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Viccano: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Votes don't count so no need to vote. They did.the right thing
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Pablodtotti: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
When local government don't have their financial autonomy. You expect citizens to vote for who. Already appointed Chairmen
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Viccano: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Votes don't count so no need to vote. They did the right thing
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Goldentulip2: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
lalasticlala:
As shared by Twitter User, Sola:

https://twitter.com/Advsola/status/1492551804483248135?t=xO7kHIBElKh7lw7N0GNV9g&s=08
Please tell them there is no polling unit on Twitter smh
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by xeju: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/Advsola/status/1492551804483248135?t=xO7kHIBElKh7lw7N0GNV9g&s=08
Maybe we should all boycott voting in 2023 to send a message to the heartless politicians...

1 Like

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Enyimbamercedes: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Why would anyone vote? The only thing AMAC know is to collect tenement rate , radio license and tax businesses plus hire touts to harass Hilux owners for local government papers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by PROPEACE: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Elections held and people voted. You came with a single sheet of paper trying to convince us that it represents the whole of Abuja? Oga fear God! Ok let me ask you, which polling unit does this result belong to? Oga stop lying.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Madoo
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by tnerro1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Me I don’t know the local fools on the ballot, Na presidential elections me I sabi and I Dey go the pooling unit with my umbrella
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Emeka511(m): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Vote the same set of people again?? They'll do nothing for us... It's just a waste of time.

Time I will use and look for customers online... Abegi gv us another gist.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Mamabugi(f): 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
lalasticlala:

I voted at my voting unit today in Bwari Abuja. So I don't know what you are talking about. Because the unit was filled to the brim. You should specify the area council next time. Thanks

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Those campaigning Against Tinubu are just like them. They only vote on Twitter grin grin
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by techWriter3: 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Such is the region we residing in; social press Republic.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by BoBiafra(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
Let’s Have Referendum Instead Of Elections In The Interest Of Northerners
By Bayo Oluwasanmi
With the 1999 Constitution, and all things being equal, regardless of who becomes president in 2023, Nigeria will remain a killing field, a stunted country, a country of cowards and crooks, of parasites and paupers, and an ungovernable country with endangered people.
Elections are the central institution of democratic governments. This is so because the authority of the government is derived solely from the consent of the people. The practical way of legitimising that consent into governmental authority is the holding of free and fair elections.
All democracies hold elections. But not all elections are democratic. Most elections held in Nigeria are not different from dictatorships and single-party governments that stage elections to give their rule the aura of legitimacy. The constitution is a supreme law that is binding even on the government. A constitution organises and constrains power. A constitution defines a state and the rights of its citizens. In a true democracy, the constitution ensures that the people ultimately control the government. The 1999 Constitution is none of the above.
The 2023 elections will be held based on the forged, fraudulent, and frivolous 1999 Constitution. Due to its illegality, Nigerians have clearly and loudly said no elections should be held. They reasoned that with the current state of the state characterised by inequality, nepotism, lopsided federal government, violence, killings, unrest, corruption, poverty, and other associated evils, a referendum is what we need in 2023 and not elections.
What’s wrong with holding a referendum to determine and decide why and who should stay together? What’s wrong with coming together to discuss the terms on how to live together? What’s wrong with voting in a referendum whether Yorubas want Yoruba Nation or Igbo people should get the Biafra Republic? What’s wrong for different ethnic groups to determine their own political status, to freely pursue their economic, social, and cultural development? What’s wrong to have the right to determine our own destiny?
The referendum will solve the age-long rivalry and acrimonious rancour among Nigeria’s different nationalities by having the option of going their separate ways - for good! I believe northerners will be the greatest beneficiary from a referendum. For example, a referendum that leads to separation will make it possible for Fulani herdsmen to rear their cows unmolested and unrestricted from Kano to Kaduna. The northerners will be able to make the north an Islamic Emirate. They will be governed by Sharia law. They won’t have to contend with Yorubas clamouring for progress, civilisation. Yorubas won’t be able to dilute or pollute northerners’ brand of Islam. They will be free from the liquor stores and beer parlours operated by the Yorubas. Of course, they won’t have to fight over western civilisation. They will have no trouble accommodating Boko Haram terrorists and other northern extremist groups like Miyetti Allah. And much more!
With the 1999 Constitution, and all things being equal, regardless of who becomes president in 2023, Nigeria will remain a killing field, a stunted country, a country of cowards and crooks, of parasites and paupers, and an ungovernable country with endangered people.
By Bayo Oluwasanmi

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by israelnedion(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
I hammar sleep today ahhhh.Aboki dey waka with dager.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by matrixme(m): 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Even if we turned up, what will change in Abuja? Is there any significance that worth the stress? Shioor!

1 Like

Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by justjify(m): 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
lalasticlala:

Which ward? I suspect this sheet.
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by sameks08(m): 3:15am On Feb 13, 2022
the winning party go still win so no need coming out of the sun to punish themselves
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by Tzar(m): 4:54am On Feb 13, 2022
This is the tragedy that Nigeria has become. They only mouth their desire for change. Lazy and cowardly people! They think the country will get better with only their hypocritical prayers and ZERO physical efforts!
Re: Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo) by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2022
CSTRR:

Kanu is a mad man, and if you think refusing to vote is a good decision despite the fact that you will be governed by someone anyway, then there is something wrong with you too.
If what you see in Kanu is madness, then a mad man might be better off than you are. It is their right to show dissatisfaction in the system; hope it will get into your head. At the bolded :That's what you people keep saying to threatening others but you guys had not experienced the practical aspects of it to see what happens next.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obidients React As Twitter Removes Blue Tick From Peter Obi’s Twitter Handle / Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Sunday, Resumes Monday / Osinbajo, Others Attend Pastor Dare Adeboye's Night Of Worship And Tribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.