Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? (19650 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Taribo1973: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by VirileNelly2420: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. Pls I wish to pay the 10% (tithe) I was paid 100k now how much will be my tithe (10%) ?
paying tithe is gud bt to whom u pays it is d real concern.

If u really wish to give ur tight to God, den it's easier. Just look beside u, dat orphan, dat widow, dat disabled, wretched. God says, woteva u give to diz people, I u have given!

If ur pastor asks u to bring God's tithe (probably to help u reach God), tell him u know d road to God.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by adeoyekay(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please no one should misleed the op looking at his post ,he knows the rudiments behind for paying tithe he was just curious and need to be clarified on the parcentage he supposed to pay
The question is not whom to pay to, but what amount to be pay
Either he is paying it to orphan,widow,needy,pastor the choice belongs to him.
Believe me though Jesus said ones you do good to these little ones you have done it to me.
The fact is that God does not need your money but he want you to pay it to mankind and follow what happened in the Bible where a widow was even paying tithe
The idea of thithe is biblical.
No one should misleed him on whom to pay it to what we see as doesn't matter God may hold this for us.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Aaae: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
Do your math
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Dabliss02(m): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. Pls I wish to pay the 10% (tithe) I was paid 100k now how much will be my tithe (10%) ?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by jamesharryson(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
This fuul does not supposed to be left here. He is a big time scammer. I still have evidence of his scams.
Yet he is here raising a topic and the mods are supporting him by moving his trash to the front page
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
OP! The Sprite of the God of hoist say make you transfer am to my aza. He will surely bless you abundantly as you comply...
Thanks
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by ussv: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
A question that you know the answer to
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Kaymansion(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Go to the church you worship presently and pay 10k as your tithes then you are good to go
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by PureNigerian: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pay tithes to who ?

I will continue preaching the good news to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open.

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire,no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

Please help me tell them
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by PureNigerian: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
Preator:

hmmmn. So we are to eat our tithes in the house of God?

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Source: Deuteronomy 14: 22-29

False claim 1. The tithe applies to everyone. This is not true because tithing only applied to those in Israel who who were farmers and ranchers among the 11 tribes who paid the tithe to the Levites. It should also be known that the tithe was commanded for the Levites and since Jesus was from the tribe of Benjamin, the Bible says nothing about the tribe of Benjamin receiving tithes. Therefore, the argument that you pay tithes to Jesus is false because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

False claim 2. God requires you to give 10% of your income to the church as a tithe. This is not true because there is not chapters and verse that covers monetary tithing. And because the tithe is empirically defined as food, money was not the tithe of the Bible nor is money required as a tithe in church.

False claim 3. God will curse you if you don’t tithe. This is true only if you did not tithe crops and livestock as God required in the law. There is not curse for not tithing money since the biblical tithe is all edible items.

False Claim 4. God will make you rich by pouring out blessings from the windows of heaven. This is false because the windows of heaven is not about money, it is about the expanse of the sky from which rain falls. If you tithe money when the Bibles does not endorse this action, there is no benefit to you because the practice is based on custom, tradition and man’s Law not God’s law.

Source: https://www.fcpublishing.com/why-pay-tithes-when-the-bible-says-to-eat-tithes/

You nailed it
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by princewarri1985: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
You are a fool, dont take your tithe to all these extremely rich greedy pastors it"s like pouring a cup of water in to the atlantic ocean, take your tithe to the orphanage homes and withness God unlimited blessings. Trust me because am talking from experience.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Tithe is profit after expenses connected to the job. Basically TP. If you remove your TP for the month you calculate the remain amount for the tithe.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by luluman: 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
everythinggirly:
I rather give that N10k to the orphanage than give any religious corporate beggar. Patronize your girl: I do research writing for MSc and PhD.
And you want increased patronage on your offensive writing work?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Lapajude01(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
WBworldwide:

Abeg pay ur tithe make tinz nor tight.

pay your tithe as well so things will not tithe you my people

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Lapajude01(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
Read Malachi 3:8:9:10. It's very clear
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by WBworldwide: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lapajude01:
pay your tithe as well so things will not tithe you my people
I am a student so how do i pay tight when i feed myself through corner corner
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Your nominal tithe is 10K but your positive thithe is
100K minus cost incurred in the hustle then divided by 10.

It definitely would be less than 10K
I initially thought this was his question, never knew he was asking for what a Pry 2kid go answer.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by ak22(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pay tithes to who ?

I will continue preaching the good news to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open.

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire,no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

Is it your money?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by chaloskyx: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
100k now give all you have to God and his church now why are you only giving 10% thats you being ungrateful its your first fruit so you are meant to give 100%
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by ComeToJesus: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

If you don't know what 10% of 100k is, then you have a problem.

You are just looking for a way to start an unnecessary debate about tithe.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by dogmart(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
Preator:

hmmmn. So we are to eat our tithes in the house of God?

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Source: Deuteronomy 14: 22-29

False claim 1. The tithe applies to everyone. This is not true because tithing only applied to those in Israel who who were farmers and ranchers among the 11 tribes who paid the tithe to the Levites. It should also be known that the tithe was commanded for the Levites and since Jesus was from the tribe of Benjamin, the Bible says nothing about the tribe of Benjamin receiving tithes. Therefore, the argument that you pay tithes to Jesus is false because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

False claim 2. God requires you to give 10% of your income to the church as a tithe. This is not true because there is not chapters and verse that covers monetary tithing. And because the tithe is empirically defined as food, money was not the tithe of the Bible nor is money required as a tithe in church.

False claim 3. God will curse you if you don’t tithe. This is true only if you did not tithe crops and livestock as God required in the law. There is not curse for not tithing money since the biblical tithe is all edible items.

False Claim 4. God will make you rich by pouring out blessings from the windows of heaven. This is false because the windows of heaven is not about money, it is about the expanse of the sky from which rain falls. If you tithe money when the Bibles does not endorse this action, there is no benefit to you because the practice is based on custom, tradition and man’s Law not God’s law.

Source: https://www.fcpublishing.com/why-pay-tithes-when-the-bible-says-to-eat-tithes/

God bless you.
Study the Bible and you shall know the truth.
Dear Christians stop being gullible
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by nesgeeek(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
your tithe is #10,000.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by dogmart(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
I find it interesting that there was absolutely no mention of tithing by either Christ or any of his apostles. All records of early christianity failed to record it. Yet our modern day christians went to dig it out and made it a law, and you all can't see there is something wrong.

Is tithing the only law in the old testament?
Why not dig out killing of rams and birds and burning of offerings so that u can show that u know bible well.

Anyone who refuses to read and understand the word will only continue to live under falsehood termed "TRUTH" by so called God's chosen.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by venabili: 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Again you have missed it bro. You should have asked about ur existence! Can u tell how u came into being? Who created you? And why?

Any man who doesn't believe in the existence of Christ and God Almighty is nothing but a fool that's what the Bible say.

Jesus is real! God is real! Satan is real! And heaven is real! And hell is real! So I will advice u seek for the part that will lead u to eternal Life. It has been proven by me and am a living witness that God is real and Jesus is real.

And if you die with these mentality am sorry bro you will shock on what u will found but that time it will be too late.

The muslims says if you dont belief in Allah and His Prophet, you are doomed. Same with quite a lot of Other religions actually. So one way or the other, there are plenty fools.

I was watching a youtube video where an atheist says the difference between him and a non-atheist is that he believes in just one less God than the non-atheist.

There is the Christian God, Muslim God, Hindu God and lots more (lets say 200 just for representation). The Christian believes in his own God and disbelief in the other 199. Same with the Muslim. Infact, every non-atheist disblieve the other 199 gods except his own. The atheist disbelieve 200 (just one more than the others)

Always put in mind that there is no objective way for anyone to proof they are on the right path and his/her God is the real one. We all just believe so.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Preator: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
Olatara:
Jesus is from the tribe of Judah not Benjamin. David is from Judah.

Thanks. You are right. I guess the author didn't do his research quite well.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Fredmatic(m): 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Elisha111157:
lol,how come we associate ourselves to be Abraham seeds, linking ourselves to his blessing in the new testament,but we fail do Abraham's work,Jesus said I have not come to abolished the law but I come to fulfil it,I think when next we are praying for Abraham's blessing,we must also embrace the work he does,and tithing is inclusive

It seems to are lost and not following others well explain comment. Abraham received his blessings bcus God promise to bless him for long and not becus of one time payment of tithe he made. Answer this questions.

1. Was it his own farm products he gave to mershezadic or spoil of war? And what does the law says?

2. Was it done ones or always? If it is ones the we just pay the ones and never pay again in our life time.

3. What about others like Jacob and Isaac, who promise to pay tithe if God bless them, was that what the law says? Why didn't you mention this ones an example to emulate too? Again there was no record that they fulfilled their part after God bless them.

3. Someone mention Dey 14:19-21 that mention feasting with your tither and also giving it to the poor. Why didn't you contend with him on that? Have you being obeying that part of the message, since you claim to follow the law of tithing ? Or u just chose the part to obey and leave the rest bible portions? Or are you the type that quote GO and pastors without reading the Bible for yourself?

The truth of the matter is tithing is not necessary because we are no longer understand the law but under the law of Christ of free will giving, as the scriptures says not under necessarly or conpusarly(ie as the time of old) but freely. For God love a sharefull giver.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochelyko1: 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
venabili:

The muslims says if you dont belief in Allah and His Prophet, you are doomed. Same with quite a lot of Other religions actually. So one way or the other, there are plenty fools.

I was watching a youtube video where an atheist says the difference between him and a non-atheist is that he believes in just one less God than the non-atheist.

The only
There is the Christian God, Muslim God, Hindu God and lots more (lets say 200 just for representation). The Christian believes in his own God and disbelief in the other 199. Same with the Muslim. Infact, every non-atheist disblieve the other 199 gods except his own. The atheist disbelieve 200 (just one more than the others)

Always put in mind that there is no objective way for anyone to proof they are on the right path and his/her God is the real one. We all just believe so.

Christainity have the only objective way to proof that our God is one and there is none beside him. I don't care to know about any other person's or religion. But from my experience in life is only in Christ Jesus you can know the only true God.

Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life and no one can come to the Father except through him. Check all other religion know one can say what Jesus had said. That's to proof to u that Jesus knows the way to the Father and is only through him you can get to the FATHER.

The good thing in life is that at ones dying breath he or she will know or rather realise that there is God and He is the judge of the whole world. Have heard of how atheist man who believe there is no God but at the end he realise that there is God and told others to believe in God and accept him.

Muslims don't know the way, Buddhist don't know the way, atheist don't know the way but only Jesus knows the way is all written in the word of God. And am a living testimony to that since the day I have my life to Christ my life has changed and my life is sweeter and becoming sweeter everyday. So I advice you do the same.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Fantazy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Are u saying u don't know what 10% of 100k is? Or u just want us to Know that u received 100k
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

If it's your monthly earning you must first deduct all bills e.g. house rent, electricity, water, gas, food stuff, transportation, health care and other monthly bill afterwards you must divide the balance into ten places the tenth of it is your tithe, that's your gain.
So it could be probably ₦2,000 or ₦2,500 monthly, this is why there is frustration everywhere because when you pay 10% of ₦100,000 as your tithe it will leave you with a huge deficit to be carried over to the next month!

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by venabili: 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Christainity have the only objective way to proof that our God is one and there is none beside him. I don't care to know about any other person's or religion. But from my experience in life is only in Christ Jesus you can know the only true God.

Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life and no one can come to the Father except through him. Check all other religion know one can say what Jesus had said. That's to proof to u that Jesus knows the way to the Father and is only through him you can get to the FATHER.

The good thing in life is that at ones dying breath he or she will know or rather realise that there is God and He is the judge of the whole world. Have heard of how atheist man who believe there is no God but at the end he realise that there is God and told others to believe in God and accept him.

Muslims don't know the way, Buddhist don't know the way, atheist don't know the way but only Jesus knows the way is all written in the word of God. And am a living testimony to that since the day I have my life to Christ my life has changed and my life is sweeter and becoming sweeter everyday. So I advice you do the same.

You said from your experience... thats kind of subjective... and you typed exactly what every other person will say about their religion...

Anyway, i agree with you. You are right sir

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by JOpress3: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Op read this and be wise

2 Corinthians 3 vs 9-14

9- If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

10-For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.

11- And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

12 - Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.

13-We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.

14 -But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

My point...

Tithing is an old testament practice, the old order, the old ways.

A Christian is a follower of Christ, the new ministry that comes with righteousness and surpassing glory.

Read, Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 - 28 (how and where to pay a tithe if you must)

Read, Mathew 25 vs 31 - 40 ( where to direct your tithe a gain Gods ultimate blessing)

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother / The Secret Of Fruitfulness. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. RCCG / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.