Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? (19868 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by nedu2000(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
You tithe via the church can't be 10% because if you add Sunday offering,building offering,donations etc the church will be claiming well over 20% of your salary, so let the accumulation of all church payments/month be 10%. My 2 cents
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by WarriFirstBorn(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Always knock one zero off to get your tithe. 100k is 10k. 200k is 20k. 10k is 100 naira.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Pappyxar: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Olatara:
grin no pay tithe nah
Tell me one blessing that's been documented in the bible that follows monetary tithing.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by MufasaLion: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
APC free money has made you religious.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by stagger: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Lord vicco pls give to the needy aiit..at least that's gonna go a long way then feeding some persons..
Tithing is not necessary.. cheesy

Answer the question! Ode.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
stagger:

Answer the question! Ode.
cheesy cheesy grin
What's that?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by stagger: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
Peterosky:
Christianity is the most confused religion in the entire world. No particular pattern to follow, with diverse churches and doctrines confusing their followers up and down. Worst still, the religion is presently infiltrated by wolves in sheep clothings who believe that money must be made come rain or shine. Imagine the issue of tithe has continued to pose a serious debate without solutions. The most annoying aspect is that Christians are not helping matters as we are not even ready to see the truth no matter how glaring it is in the Bible. A brainwashed Christian is ready to argue the truth even when he has a ready answer in the Bible. Today, whatever a pastor says is final even when it's not in tandem with the principles in the Bible.I weep for a religion I believe in. Someone posted Deuteronomy 14:22-29 which is very clear on this matter, but trust the gullibility of our so called Christians to not believe that portion of the Bible simply because their various pastors in their bid to continually scam us have not yet asked them to believe in that portion. Why on earth do you think we have numerous churches in every nook and cranny of our society with funny names? to worship God? error. Church today is pure business and will continue with the brainwashing to enable them cash out continually. Let's be Wise. God will just be in heaven shaking is head and regretting ever being associated with Christianity.

There is no confusion in Christianity. Read the bible for yourself and let the Holy Spirit give you interpretation.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by aliscomonaj: 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Runish! And u always used the words "thank God". The supreme being exists and is God.
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pay tithes to who ?

I will continue preaching the good news to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open.

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire,no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Bekermann(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Well said. But if I had told the OP he's not to pay tithes, he may come for my head. That's why I dropped that aforementioned Bible verse, since he's hell-bent on paying tithe.

Preator:

hmmmn. So we are to eat our tithes in the house of God?

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Source: Deuteronomy 14: 22-29

False claim 1. The tithe applies to everyone. This is not true because tithing only applied to those in Israel who who were farmers and ranchers among the 11 tribes who paid the tithe to the Levites. It should also be known that the tithe was commanded for the Levites and since Jesus was from the tribe of Benjamin, the Bible says nothing about the tribe of Benjamin receiving tithes. Therefore, the argument that you pay tithes to Jesus is false because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

False claim 2. God requires you to give 10% of your income to the church as a tithe. This is not true because there is not chapters and verse that covers monetary tithing. And because the tithe is empirically defined as food, money was not the tithe of the Bible nor is money required as a tithe in church.

False claim 3. God will curse you if you don’t tithe. This is true only if you did not tithe crops and livestock as God required in the law. There is not curse for not tithing money since the biblical tithe is all edible items.

False Claim 4. God will make you rich by pouring out blessings from the windows of heaven. This is false because the windows of heaven is not about money, it is about the expanse of the sky from which rain falls. If you tithe money when the Bibles does not endorse this action, there is no benefit to you because the practice is based on custom, tradition and man’s Law not God’s law.

Source: https://www.fcpublishing.com/why-pay-tithes-when-the-bible-says-to-eat-tithes/
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by aliscomonaj: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Rubish! And u always used the words "thank God". The supreme being exists and is God.
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pay tithes to who ?

I will continue preaching the good news to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open.

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by sulphonate2000: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
Your tithe is #10000.
10% 0f your salary

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochyes: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

How can you be a Personality that doesn't exist? Just take a look at your name.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochyes: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

How can you be an enemy to a Personality that doesn't exist? Just take a look at your moniker.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Bekermann(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
stagger:

There is no confusion in Christianity. Read the bible for yourself and let the Holy Spirit give you interpretation.

Seconded. There's no confusion. But what people haven't realized is that there are superior scriptures over some other scriptures. Since we claim to be followers of Christ by labelling ourselves Christians, we cannot cling on to what was said by Apostle Paul perse, or the Paulian concessions over the words of Christ himself (The Red Scriptures).

Thesame applies to the old covenant and the new covenant. Since the death of Christ in 33CE, we've been operating under the new covenant. So I'll see it as a wrong move to cling on the provisions of the old covenant over the new covenant in cases where there's a contradiction.

How this confusion can be eliminated amongst Christians is that we should be aware of the superiority of some scriptures over another when contradictions may arise... Shalom.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by EnemyofGod22(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
aliscomonaj:
Runish! And u always used the words "thank God". The supreme being exists and is God.

Who told you I do say thanks God ?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by mikemodel24: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

Do you have followers
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by mikemodel24: 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
everythinggirly:
I rather give that N10k to the orphanage than give any religious corporate beggar.
stop deceiving yourself.
You never give person wey close to you finish
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Elisha111157(m): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

lol,what's good in the your news, that there's no God,a fool said in his heart there's no God,no be me talk am,na Scripture talk am
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by taurusdude0(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

If there is no God how come you are the enemy of God? Get lost devil
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ever8090: 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Your ability to deny his existence alone is proof of his existence..
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by saxokay(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

enemy of whom you doesn't believe is existence?
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Elisha111157(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochyes:

How can you be an enemy to a Personality that doesn't exist? Just take a look at your moniker.
I wonder oooo

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochelyko1: 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

Again you have missed it bro. You should have asked about ur existence! Can u tell how u came into being? Who created you? And why?

Any man who doesn't believe in the existence of Christ and God Almighty is nothing but a fool that's what the Bible say.

Jesus is real! God is real! Satan is real! And heaven is real! And hell is real! So I will advice u seek for the part that will lead u to eternal Life. It has been proven by me and am a living witness that God is real and Jesus is real.

And if you die with these mentality am sorry bro you will shock on what u will found but that time it will be too late.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Elisha111157(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
saxokay:

enemy of whom you doesn't believe is existence?
he hasn't reasoned to that extent
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochelyko1: 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. Pls I wish to pay the 10% (tithe) I was paid 100k now how much will be my tithe (10%) ?

Bro you don't own any man or anybody 10% of your money. Not even God! Tithe is a practice of the old testament and we believers are of the new testament. So is only what is required from the new testament you are to do, Given is one of them. Dont allowed one man to keep on decieving u. Jesus didn't teach or pay tithe neither does his disciples teach and pay tithe. Any man dat have Christ knows his right in Christ Jesus.

Study ur Bible so dat u will know the truth about ur existence in Christ Jesus. Not paying of tithe.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Brunicekid(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:

10% OF 100K IS 10K. SIMPLE MATHEMATICS SIR.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by mechanics(m): 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
₦10,000
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Elisha111157(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Bro you don't own any man or anybody 10% of your money. Not even God! Tithe is a practice of the old testament and we believers are of the new testament. So is only what is required from the new testament you are to do, Given is one of them. Dont allowed one man to keep on decieving u. Jesus didn't teach or pay tithe neither does his disciples teach and pay tithe. Any man dat have Christ knows his right in Christ Jesus.

Study ur Bible so dat u will know the truth about ur existence in Christ Jesus. Not paying of tithe.
lol,how come we associate ourselves to be Abraham seeds, linking ourselves to his blessing in the new testament,but we fail do Abraham's work,Jesus said I have not come to abolished the law but I come to fulfil it,I think when next we are praying for Abraham's blessing,we must also embrace the work he does,and tithing is inclusive

1 Like

Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Ochelyko1: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Elisha111157:
lol,how come we associate ourselves to be Abraham seeds, linking ourselves to his blessing in the new testament,but we fail do Abraham's work,Jesus said I have not come to abolished the law but I come to fulfil it,I think when next we are praying for Abraham's blessing,we must also embrace the work he does,and tithing is inclusive

Bro understand the blessings of Abraham has been given to us through Jesus Christ! We are no longer children of because of Abraham but children of God because of JESUS CHRIST.

First you should know who the law was meant for and who are to follow the ordinance of the law. The children of Israel! Are u an Isrealite? No! Are you a Jew? No but what are u? A Gentile by the classification of God people. Is the law for we Gentile? No! Are we to obey the commandments of the law? No! They are alot of scriptures I can bring out to show you that even those who are justify by the law or the works of the flesh have fallen from Grace! Christ ended the law of the Cross! And he open a new convenant of testament through his blood. We are not justify by the faith we have in Christ Jesus.
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by Eaglesence: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

Pay tithes to who ?

You need serious epp
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by President2001(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
#10k
Re: Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? by olumartins005: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Your nominal tithe is 10K but your positive thithe is
100K minus cost incurred in the hustle then divided by 10.

It definitely would be less than 10K

This is my position. You need to remove the cost incured to earn the 100k. The whole 100k is not your profit. God is asking you to pay the 10% of your profit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Stop And Think' - Oyedepo Preaches As Landmark University Clocks Eight / Bishop Oyedepo: Hoodlums Looting, Damaging Properties Won't Go Unpunished / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.