Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,522 members, 7,861,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad (253 Views)

Enugu’s Oil Status: My Biggest Joy Is That My Successor Will Excel - Ugwuanyi / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by Islie: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
Idowu Abdullahi

Presidential aide, Bashir Ahmad, has praised the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), resolve to reject foreign influence and support for the protest against police brutality and extra-judicial killings in Nigeria.

The #EndSARS protest against police brutality and bad governance took place in Nigeria in October 2020.

Bashir, who is the Personal Assistant to the President on Digital and New Media, disclosed this on his Twitter page on Sunday. He said that irrespective of the critics’ position, no leader would watch the country burn under his watch.

He said that despite criticism that trailed the President’s approach, including the ban placed on the social media platform, Twitter, Buhari’s successor will also adopt the same stringent approach to protect Nigeria’s unity, given such circumstances.

He tweeted, “Those unpatriotic people are still angry with Pres. @MBuhari for not allowing miscreants with help of misguided outsiders to destroy this country, they’re like we can’t wait for 2023, they should know that whoever takes over from Baba will also NEVER allow them to terrorize us.”

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, slammed the Canadian government and social media giant, Twitter, over the truckers’ protest against COVID-19 restrictions in Canada.

Recall that during the #EndSARS protest in Nigeria, the Canadian government condemned the actions taken to quell the nationwide protest.

Tweeting through @CanadaFP, it said, “Canada is deeply concerned about the excessive use of force during the ongoing protests in #Nigeria. Those responsible for #HumanRights violations and abuse must be held accountable.”

Likening the #EndSARS protest to the truckers protest in Canada, Mohammed accused Twitter and the West of double standards in the way they perceive the violent protesters in their region and those in Nigeria.

In a news briefing on Sunday, the Minister said “the Canadian protesters, who have blockaded roads and resorted to inconveniencing others, have been branded as terrorists or insurrectionists and subjected to a number of clampdowns by government and private organisations.

https://punchng.com/endsars-buharis-successor-will-also-prevent-violent-protests-bashir-ahmad/

Lalasticlala
Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by triple996(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Cannibals will not like this. They wanted to turn Lagos into orlu. They are currently using corps in mortuary to eat egussi soup right now. Infact enugu is in flames. Please don't go there woooo. I don warn una sha grin
Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
Bashir you have less than 17months. be careful of what you said..

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by complexBoss12: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
triple996:
Cannibals will not like this. They wanted to turn Lagos into orlu. They are currently using corps in mortuary to eat egussi soup right now. Infact enugu is in flames. Please don't go there woooo. I don warn una sha grin
Ode

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by everythinggirly(f): 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
grin
Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by helinues: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
For sure. No sitting president would ever allow such madness to happen again
Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by 1820ty: 6:31am On Feb 14, 2022
[s]
triple996:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by Truthisunique2: 6:51am On Feb 14, 2022
Shitnunu is busy looking for local royal father's to endorse him

Yet the monarchs no be delegates

Where the real action would happen they are already cutting him to size and disenfranchising those he consulted with
Re: Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad by awhushi: 6:53am On Feb 14, 2022
How will that happen?

(1) (Reply)

Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University / Ignore Those Saying I’m Sick, I’ve Mental Capacity To Lead Nigeria – Tinubu / Can Nigeria Manage A Nuclear Power Plant When They Cannot Refine Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.