Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank (604 Views)

Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? / The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! / Ghanaian Man Storms Bank With Mattress, Pillow & Bedsheet (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by gr8tness(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
This is my personal view and I am entitled to my own opinion, including where I choose to say it.

I consider first bank to be an irresponsible bank and personally shifting all my transactions from this useless bank that claims to be the first, first in irresponsibility.

I am not going to refer to reports (https://www.icirnigeria.org/scammers-fleece-access-bank-n871m-in-five-years/) that shows that first bank have the weakest security link which means cybercriminals can easily hack your account but from my experience, there are reasons you should never use first bank even in your dream.

Here are my reasons:

1. First Bank never have seamless online platform to respond to problems; if you have failed transaction, sending an email is a waste of time, if you call their call center, you will spend all your airtime and they will ask you to still go to their office,,, is this a digital bank or a senseless system?

2. Even after visiting the bank and filing a complaints, the issues are rarely resolved; they will give you long turnaround time for resoliution and often, you still have to go back again to fill another form and one stupid banker there will tell you that they dont know what happen, so fill another form, useless brand if you ask me.

3. First Bank rarely reverse failed transaction. I bought power from first bank , the fools debited the money and up till now, over 12 hours, I have not seen the power and I have not seen a refund. Thats how they always do, then I will spend more than 1K to go to their office to make a complain for power unit worth less than a thousand naira and that logically means that I will have to forget it,, this is daylight robbery and I wonder why CBN sit in the luxury of their office and dont monitor what MMM brands like first bank does.

4. Despite transaction volume on first bank, try getting a loan from the bank.. the loan feature on the bank app is as useless as a useless thing and even in the peak of covid when good brands were giving customers loans, first bank never did, why? Its all about taking, stealing and stealing, then they will send you new month message about how they care for you. Rubbish.

If these three reasons are not good enough to change a bank, then I wonder what other reasons will exist. If you don't have a bank, please bank with other banks and GTB is quite good but first bank are thieves, never bank with them.
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by nlwhy1: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
You are very correct with all your positions, these have happened to me with first bank. It's like you spoke my mind on almost all the issue. Till today my N20,000 gone without refund. When you call you'll burn all your airtime without response.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by sonofjah55: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ok i hear. Let dem kom n defend themself.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by marenx: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
You didn't even mention their staff that don't respect customers. When you come to open an account, they talk to you as if you come to beg for money. I thought I'm the only one who disliked the bank.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by obiekunie01: 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
VERY VERY VERY VERY USELESS AND IDIOTIC BANK!

WITH THIER VERY USELESS ANCIENT STAFFERS!

EVEN THE SOCALLED YOUNG STAFFERS THERE LOOK SO OLD, UGLY AND FRIENDLESS!

VERY WRETCHED BANK!

IN FACT VERY IDIOTIC AND USELESS BANK!

THEY EVEN SEE THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIER ENEMIES!

THEY DONT SMILE TO CUSTOMERS, THEY EXCHANGE PLEASANTRIES, NOTHING!

THEY ARE ALWAYS SLEEP WORKING LIKE THEY ARE DOING FORCED SLAVE LABOUR!

THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS, THEY ALL THE SAME IN ALL THIER BRANCHESS NATIONWIDE!

THE ONLY EXCEPTION ARE THEIR SECURITIES OUTSIDE - THOSE ONES ARE VERY FRIENDLY.

am seriously thinking of porting to union bank.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by gr8tness(m): 1:02am On Feb 14, 2022
obiekunie01:
VERY VERY VERY VERY USELESS AND IDIOTIC BANK!

WITH THIER VERY USELESS ANCIENT STAFFERS!

EVEN THE SOCALLED YOUNG STAFFERS THERE LOOK SO OLD, UGLY AND FRIENDLESS!

VERY WRETCHED BANK!

IN FACT VERY IDIOTIC AND USELESS BANK!

THEY EVEN SEE THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIER ENEMIES!

THEY DONT SMILE TO CUSTOMERS, THEY EXCHANGE PLEASANTRIES, NOTHING!

THEY ARE ALWAYS SLEEP WORKING LIKE THEY ARE DOING FORCED SLAVE LABOUR!

THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS, THEY ALL THE SAME IN ALL THIER BRANCHESS NATIONWIDE!

THE ONLY EXCEPTION ARE THEIR SECURITIES OUTSIDE - THOSE ONES ARE VERY FRIENDLY.

am seriously thinking of porting to union bank.

Ah, don't try Union Bank o. All those old generation bank are messed up.
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by Allfavours: 8:06am On Feb 14, 2022
Try factory reset them by copying cbn whenever you have an issue with any non performing bank.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by ManyThanks: 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
A bank of frauds. They are stealing from my account consistently. They will secretly remove money from my account and not alert me. If you operate firstbank please pay attention to you sms alerts because you'll be secretly debited. Bank of frauds.
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by davidndu(m): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
All banks are scammers, the sooner you guys adopt cryptocurrency the better, you can't compare centralized with decentralized,
decentralized will always be better
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by Dynamiceagle(f): 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
That was how I only used my ATM master card for a year and some months and it stopped working, went to the bank and the lady was telling me it's just #1000 for a new card, so i should be renewingy ATM card every year, that was how I abandoned that account o
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by dedons: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
I will soon open a thread on that useless ACCESS bank.
Re: Why You Should NEVER Bank With First Bank, The Scam And Irresponsible Bank by power50: 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
If you have bad experience with First bank, others may not have.

Make a design of your National ID card, print it out on a plastic card and use it for your online account verification and transactions. For full details, visit http://naijaprops.com.ng/2022/02/14/make-your-national-id-card-design-and-print-it-on-plastic/

(1) (Reply)

Start A Catfish Processing Business In Mbaise & Ship To Owerri, Umuahia & Aba / Zelle / Qlink- Champion 200cc #550,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.