Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds (4474 Views)

Delta Accesses ₦‎30 Billion From ₦‎150 Billion Bridging Finance / Akwa Ibom Acquired ₦184 Billion 'Secret' Loan, Targets Fresh ₦150 Billion Loan / Lagos Debt Management Office Visits The State's Blue Line Light Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by BrandSpurNG: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2022
The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced that on Wednesday, February 16, 2022, it will auction N150 billion in federal government bonds to investors.
This was announced in a circular that was recently published on the agency’s website.

A bond is a fixed-income investment instrument that represents a loan made by an investor to a borrower, typically a corporation or the government.

The bond will be issued in two tranches of N75 billion each, according to the circular.

The first tranche is a 10-year, 12.5 percent FGN Jan 2026 re-opening bond, and the second is a 20-year, 13% FGN 2042 re-opening bond.

It stated that the bonds are sold for N1,000 per unit, with a minimum subscription of N50,001,000 and subsequent multiples of N1,000.

The DMO stated that the bond issuance will be settled on February 18, 2022.

The agency specified that successful bidders must pay a price corresponding to the yield-to-maturity bid that clears the volume being auctioned, plus any accrued interest on the instrument, for re-openings of previously issued bonds (where the coupon is already set).

It stated that interest on the bonds would be paid “semi-annually,” with bullet payments made on the maturity date.

According to the DMO, the bonds are securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.

“Qualifies as Government securities under the Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and the Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds and other investors,” according to the circular.

“Listed on the Nigerian Exchange Limited as well as the FMDQ OTC Securities Exchange.” All FGN Bonds are considered liquid assets for the purposes of calculating banks’ liquidity ratios.”

The debt management agency assured investors that all bonds are backed by the federal government of Nigeria’s full faith and credit and are charged against Nigeria’s general assets.
https://brandspurng.com/2022/02/14/debt-management-office-set-to-auction-n150bn-fgb/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2022
The guy above me

1 Like

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Mophor: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2022
Issokay!!!

1 Like

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Adlac(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2022
k
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2022
M
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by chukbonda(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2022
The rich keeps getting richer...
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by bigdammyj: 11:22am On Feb 14, 2022
Noted
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Wizpa(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2022
grin
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Miyachi: 11:23am On Feb 14, 2022
I don't really have faith in the Naira. Long-term outlook on inflation and possible devaluation means you're better off in real estate or somewhere else.

7 Likes

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Higgies(m): 11:23am On Feb 14, 2022
I guess this is for the creme de la creme!
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 14, 2022
Selling money?! Lol. Democracy n capitalism is bloody!
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by israelmao(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2022
Sales of bonds is one of the better ways to manage economy and stem tide of rising inflation.
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Baitullah: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2022
Minimum buy N50, 001, 000?

This one no concern me grin

1 Like

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Mrquote: 11:37am On Feb 14, 2022
chukbonda:
Nigerian bond for only the rich cn buy
I dey tell you
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by sanerugwei: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
The rich keeps getting richer... shocked shocked

Make your money work for more money...

This is pure discrimination, why raise the limit so high and the interest so juicy, while the savings bond which the masses can aford has very crappy interest rates?

Omashe ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by inoki247: 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
lol if I don't know wat to du with money I will rada buy BTC mak e dey crash any how I sha know say one day e go rise...

Or just buy Dollar keep for my Dorm as Naira dey useless at least my dollar go dey meet up....

2 Likes

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by bonnez(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Miyachi:
I don't really have faith in the Naira. Long-term outlook on inflation and possible devaluation means you're better off in real estate or somewhere else.

You’ve said it all bro.

1 Like

Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by MartinsD12(m): 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
inoki247:
lol if I don't know wat to du with money I will rada buy BTC mak e dey crash any how I sha know say one day e go rise...

Or just buy Dollar keep for my Dorm as Naira dey useless at least my dollar go dey meet up....
grin yes bruh BTC i better ooo than useless naira just keep am there come back next two years
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by EshjayLee(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
Another strategy to loot our money. These government can never repent. When they can't borrow from both local/international again, poor man money is what they want to feed on now.
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by Franky826: 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
We need a projected 10 year inflation figure so we can know if it's worth the risk. When coupons are compounded in other investment like MMF.
Anyone?
Re: Debt Management Office Set To Auction ₦150 Billion FG Bonds by LogicBomb8: 12:38am On Feb 17, 2022
They will still be the backyard buyers

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Ahead In Southwest, Northwest, Northcentral; Obi Southeast / Swedish Embassy Invaded By Nigerians For Visa: Pictures / "He’s Not Gambian, He Is F-ing Nigerian. . . He Is Just Ashamed Of It"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.