Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship (1350 Views)

Pastor Dr. Mrs Becky Enenche's insight on christian dressing / Mems On Christian Relationship / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
I am on a journey to discover the true essence of Christian relationship. Your thoughts and experiences are welcome.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:
I am on a journey to discover the true essence of Christian relationship. Your thoughts and experiences are welcome.

My thought is all human relationships follow the same pattern based on the personality constructs involved in the relationship. Being a religious person doesn't mean you know how to sustain good relationship or that the weakness of your personality construct won't present a challenge to your relationship. The most important thing to realise in a relationship is you are flawed humans trying your best to make it work.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
LordReed2nd:

My thought is all human relationships follow the same pattern based on the personality constructs involved in the relationship. Being a religious person doesn't mean you know how to sustain good relationship or that the weakness of your personality construct won't present a challenge to your relationship. The most important thing to realise in a relationship is you are flawed humans trying your best to make it work.

I understand what you are saying. But does the Holy Spirit play a part in Christian relationship. Instead of relying on our carnal nature ?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Steep: 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:
A Christian relationship is a spiritual one. The foundation of a Christian relationship is first of all the mutual love and submission to Christ and then love towards one another.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkiee: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:
I understand what you are saying. But does the Holy Spirit play a part in Christian relationship. Instead of relying on our carnal nature ?
Define this "Carnal nature" you speak of? undecided
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Define this "Carnal nature" you speak of? undecided

Relationship by human nature.

Hey Kobojunkiee. Wow longtime. Where and how have you been ?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
Steep:

A Christian relationship is a spiritual one. The foundation of a Christian relationship is first of all the mutual love and submission to Christ and then love towards one another.

I love your post. God bless you.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkiee: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:
Relationship by human nature.

Hey Kobojunkiee. Wow longtime. Where and how have you been ?
I have been back on almost 2 years now. undecided
Unlike before, I barely spend any time in politics section though... I found God and quit that foolishness. grin
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Unlike before, I barely spend any time in politics section though... I found God and quit that foolishness. grin

Me too. I left politics long time ago. Almost got heart attack because of it. I found God and wow I found you back. So what's up ?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Ralphlauren(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

grin grin grin
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:

You'll have to ask someone who believes in the holy spirit. I am basing my statements on what I have observed of relationships among many types of people, it does not appear to me that Christian relationships have a special component.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:

A Christian is filled with The Holy Spirit but church goers are filled with evil spirits, having need to receive The Holy Spirit.

Thus, He that is filled with The Holy Spirit has a Guide in all things including marriage relationship.

And a Christian, by reason of his receiption of The Holy Spirit, is automatically guided in all things and The Laws of God Rule.

Hence a Christian relationship is one in which the Christians are fueled and ruled by the Law and Spirit of God totally and exclusively.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
LordReed2nd:

You'll have to ask someone who believes in the holy spirit. I am basing my statements on what I have observed of relationships among many types of people, it does not appear to me that Christian relationships have a special component.

We do have special components only that you would hardly see a Christian relationship. For even the seeing of a single Christian man is scarce not to talk of a Christian female, not to talk of a Christian couple.

What is more popular is church goers relationships.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
digitite:
Me too. I left politics long time ago. Almost got heart attack because of it. I found God and wow I found you back. So what's up ?
Not much! Just here for a good discussion and chance to tell what God has given me understanding of.. undecided

About what you said of relationship by human nature, why is that "Carnal" since Jesus Christ never really condemned us for it. undecided
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 4:54am On Feb 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We do have special components only that you would hardly see a Christian relationship. For even the seeing of a single Christian man is scarce not to talk of a Christian female, not to talk of a Christian couple.

What is more popular is church goers relationships.

Ah Ok. So how scarce are you guys, I assume believe you are one of the scarce Christians. How do you meet a partner? The holy spirit directs you to their house?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Feb 15, 2022
LordReed2nd:

I love it when you come around to reason like a normal human instead of trolling just to make jest of people's believes. Don't you see how sound this makes you look? undecided

Now this is what relationship in Christianity is all about. When God created the first female and introduced her to Adam the first male his reaction shows that Adam really appreciate what he saw {Genesis 2:23} this means before going into any relationship you must take a careful look at the man/woman you want to engage in this long journey.
As a man, are you really attracted to her?
As a woman, will you always feel him as your king? This is very important because based on feelings both genders differ in nature: the male always want to be RESPECTED while the female always want to be LOVED! Ephesians 5:33
When this is settled the only vital part that you may not feel is necessary due to your own opinion presently is FAITH, they must first agree on who should have the final say regarding how they must continue to deal with each other.
That's when the third person "GOD" is really needed in their matrimony, if they both agreed to put GOD first in their marriage it will be extremely difficult for anything to break that cord! Ecclesiastes 4:12
Hobbies, dressings, food, house chores, raising children, families and friends will not be given undue attention as they both stick to each other till death part them! smiley
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53am On Feb 15, 2022
LordReed2nd:

Ah Ok. So how scarce are you guys, I assume believe you are one of the scarce Christians. How do you meet a partner? The holy spirit directs you to their house?

Very scarce. If Solomon saw only 1 in a1000 in his day, I definitely fathom that the number is probably higher than 2000 today.

How do we meet our spouses? The experience can only be described with these words "pleasantly shocking, mouth opening wonder full, you see that God truly knows you more than you and therefore knows what you want even more than you and you learn that your partner is truly a Gift from God (Blessings), you see the fulfillment of The Law "He made them male and female" (Twins)
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 9:32am On Feb 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I love it when you come around to reason like a normal human instead of trolling just to make jest of people's believes. Don't you see how sound this makes you look? undecided

It isn't trolling to point out misinformation. You are free to believe in your favourite Hebrew/Jewish myths all you want but the instant you add misinformation into the mix, you step into the arena to be challenged with hard facts.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Very scarce. If Solomon saw only 1 in a1000 in his day, I definitely fathom that the number is probably higher than 2000 today.

How do we meet our spouses? The experience can only be described with these words "pleasantly shocking, mouth opening wonder full, you see that God truly knows you more than you and therefore knows what you want even more than you and you learn that your partner is truly a Gift from God (Blessings), you see the fulfillment of The Law "He made them male and female" (Twins)

So I guess you people don't have great reproduction rates or your children decide not to be super scarce like you or what?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2022
LordReed2nd:

It isn't trolling to point out misinformation. You are free to believe in your favourite Hebrew/Jewish myths all you want but the instant you add misinformation into the mix, you step into the arena to be challenged with hard facts.

Anything that makes you feel good my friend! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by LordReed2nd(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Anything that makes you feel good my friend! smiley

Sure, reality makes me feel good my guy.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Dtruthspeaker: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
LordReed2nd:

So I guess you people don't have great reproduction rates or your children decide not to be super scarce like you or what?

It's their turn to choose to live or die.

I very much love living as Tyrion would say and I am very satisfied with my choice of choosing to live.

So, again, it is their turn to choose and exercise their Right to Live or Die.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not much! Just here for a good discussion and chance to tell what God has given me understanding of.. undecided

About what you said of relationship by human nature, why is that "Carnal" since Jesus Christ never really condemned us for it. undecided

Having the spirit of Jesus Christ. For example, when I date you and you have the understanding that when mistakes are made, it is induced by our carnal nature. But when things go smoothly, it is by the power of the Holy spirit and we pray and strive for God to make it better.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
LordReed2nd:

I see. I respect your observation. My understanding is that in a Christian relationship you can never hear argument , materialism, violence and it happens without any effort from both parties.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

A Christian is filled with The Holy Spirit but church goers are filled with evil spirits, having need to receive The Holy Spirit.

Thus, He that is filled with The Holy Spirit has a Guide in all things including marriage relationship.

And a Christian, by reason of his receiption of The Holy Spirit, is automatically guided in all things and The Laws of God Rule.

Hence a Christian relationship is one in which the Christians are fueled and ruled by the Law and Spirit of God totally and exclusively.

Absolute answer. In fact you have given me an idea for a book. 'The power of the Holy Spirit in a Christian Relationship'. I am really keen on understanding how the Holy spirit works in our lives.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
digitite:
Having the spirit of Jesus Christ. For example, when I date you and you have the understanding that when mistakes are made, it is induced by our carnal nature. But when things go smoothly, it is by the power of the Holy spirit and we pray and strive for God to make it better.
I still don't follow.... explain what you mean by mistakes are induced by our carnal nature please. undecided

Where does this idea of yours that when things go smoothly in your relationships, it is by the power of the Holy Spirit come from? undecided
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
digitite:
I see. I respect your observation. My understanding is that in a Christian relationship you can never hear argument , materialism, violence and it happens without any effort from both parties.
A "Christian" relationship? The only kind of Christian relationship there is is the relationship we have with our fellow man or neighbor - Jesus Christ taught us to do to others as we would like others do to us. So I every circumstance, we are meant to obey the Commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

Now, if your assumptions of instead that a "Christian" relationship is a romantic relationship or that which you have with those related to you by blood, then I put it to you that you have it twisted. There are no special laws given for your special relationships as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. undecided
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I still don't follow.... explain what you mean by mistakes are induced by our carnal nature please. undecided

Where does this idea of yours that when things go smoothly in your relationships, it is by the power of the Holy Spirit come from? undecided

That we are not perfect. That finding the right partner that will be in sync with you can ENTIRELY happen by God's direction.

Because I am at the stage whereby settling down has to do with one's manifestation of their heart desire. Moreover, it is a very private conversation, if you wanna chat more on that , hit me up on whatsapp. Kobojunckie you don't change with your intuitive questions.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
digitite:
Absolute answer. In fact you have given me an idea for a book. 'The power of the Holy Spirit in a Christian Relationship'. I am really keen on understanding how the Holy spirit works in our lives.
The Holy Spirit works the same in all of our relationships with our fellow man. undecided
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 10:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A "Christian" relationship? The only kind of Christian relationship there is is the relationship we have with our fellow man or neighbor - Jesus Christ taught us to do to others as we would like others do to us. So I every circumstance, we are meant to obey the Commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

Now, if your assumptions of instead that a "Christian" relationship is a romantic relationship or that which you have with those related to you by blood, then I put it to you that you have it twisted. There are no special laws given for your special relationships as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. undecided

I am talking about a Romantic Christian Relationship that eventually leads to marriage. Anything bad or unpleasant that happens to it must be by Evil spirits from the Kingdom of hell.
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by digitite: 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Holy Spirit works the same in all of our relationships with our fellow man. undecided

Really ? What about those who don't recognise the existence of the Holy Spirit ?
Re: My Thoughts/diary On Christian Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
digitite:
1. That we are not perfect. That finding the right partner that will be in sync with you can ENTIRELY happen by God's direction.

2. Because I am at the stage whereby settling down has to do with one's manifestation of their heart desire. Moreover, it is a very private conversation, if you wanna chat more on that , hit me up on whatsapp. Kobojunckie you don't change with your intuitive questions.
1. The Holy Spirit only lives In those who have been made perfect though. This since He is Holy and can only abide in vessels who are perfect Holy and without blemish. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ taught us that our marriages are of this world and not His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - so if finding yourself a partner note Jesus Christ did not teach that such a partner has to believe nor did He say anything regarding such things. All that is written is that marriage is between a man and woman and divorce is only allowed in the case of fornication. That aside, you are free to marry anyone you choose. undecided

2. Just so you know, marrigae is not mandatory since God created some Eunuchs from birth, He allowed some to become Eunuchs in this life and permitted others to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom - Matthew 19 vs 1 - 12. So do not feel pressured to make a decision in these things as if by God.. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ / George Carlins View On Religion / I'm Curious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.