Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,400 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ (1349 Views)

History Of Jesu Oyingbo In Lagos / The Shocking Unbelievable Story Of Jesu Oyingbo,The Self-acclaimed Nigeria Jesus / Children Begin Demolition Of Jesu Oyingbo’s Estate At Maryland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ by cyntaenese: 12:58am On Feb 26, 2023
In the 1959 declaration, he proclaimed that, “I am He. I am Jesus Christ, the very one whose second coning was foretold in the New Testament. I have come and those who believe in me will have an everlasting life and joy. I am the missing of the trinity. I have come to prepare the faithful for the judgment day.”

WATCH THE FULL DOCUMENTARY ON YOUTUBE HERE

As a result of its proximity to the market, the membership of Jesu Oyingbo’s church, the Universal College of Regeneration (UCR), witnessed a huge upsurge in numbers. And, to induct new male members, Immanuel would whip them with a cane nine times each. Presumably, this was a cane inherited from his traditional herbalist grandfather, Joseph Odumosu.

Immanuel Olufunmilayo Odumosu later relocated from his well known abode and place of worship centre in Oyingbo to Maryland in Ikeja, Lagos, but the name Jesu Oyingbo stuck to him. In Maryland, he was still Jesu Oyingbo, and all the adherents of his religious faith continued to live a communal life in an enclave, which had nursery, primary and secondary schools.

There were numerous wives, as much as about 80, according to some accounts. The long drawn out legal tussles saw the sprawling estate become hideouts for urchins and criminals, and tenants of his properties, who were as many as 2,000, refused to pay their rents. The empire, which some of his adherents believed would resurrect in 1998, 10 years after the demise of Jesu Oyingbo, failed to resurrect.

Re: Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ by Hitler007: 1:20am On Feb 26, 2023
Jesu ti mo mo apata ayeraye
Re: Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Feb 26, 2023
Hitler007:
Jesu ti mo mo apata ayeraye
So long as your apata comes from the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, your Jesu that you know is no better than this man here. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ by sharpwriter(m): 4:29am On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So long as your apata comes from the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, your Jesu that you know is no better than this man here. undecided
Chai... Vawulence! shocked grin

(1) (Reply)

The End Of The Great Tribulation Of Israel / George Carlins View On Religion / Can You Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.