Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Fasting In All Days Of Rajab - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting In All Days Of Rajab (5639 Views)

The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by miftaudeen(m): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2011
i was astounded while some muslim fast in all 30days of rajab without efidence from the qur'an and the kutubul hadith.
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by azharuddin: 10:19am On Jun 25, 2011
miftaudeen:

i was astounded while some muslim fast in all 30days of rajab without efidence from the qur'an and the kutubul hadith.

Assalamualaikum bro,

Rajab is a very sacred month. Fasting in it has big rewards. But scholars say one should not fast the whole of Rajab continously. Atleast one day break should be taken. Only month that one should fast 'completely' is Ramadan. Other than that we should try to increase our deeds in this month of Rajab and next month Sha'baan.

Dua of the Prophet (saw)

It is mentioned on the authority of Anas Bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) that when the Holy Prophet (saw) sighted the moon of Rajab, he used to pray to Allah in the following words,

‘Allahuma Barik lana fi Rajaba wa Sha’bana wa ballighna Ramadhan’

“[B]O Allah, make the months of Rajab and Sha’ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadan [/B].”
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by miftaudeen(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2011
@azharudin,can u show me hadith were pro(s.w.a)took a day break fast in rajab execpt 4rm mon,thur,13,14&15 of everymonth
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by azharuddin: 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2011
miftaudeen:

@azharudin,can u show me hadith were pro(s.w.a)took a day break fast in rajab execpt 4rm mon,thur,13,14&15 of everymonth

This is what i heard in a Friday sermon from the Mosque. The Imam mentioned many classic scholars like Imam Ghazzali etc have this opinion, I do not know which hadith have they took the opinion from.
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by miftaudeen(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
there is no any other fasting in rajab other than the prescribe one by the prophet muhammed(s.a.w).
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by azharuddin: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2011
Assalamualaikum bro.
The Scholars give opinions based on the Quran and sunnah. Imam Ghazzali who lived 100s of years ago is widely accepted by the modern Ulema that he is one of the best Islamic scholars. I highly doubt that He will mention some thing that is against the Quran or the Prophets Sunnah. Maybe you can ask about it to the local Ulema in your area, bro.

Anyways Ramadan i nearing, we should start preparing for it. Don't forget the dua i mentioned above bro.
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by azharuddin: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2011
Our Prophet(saw) Has told us to fast in the sacred months but not completely.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fast some days of the sacred months [/b]and not others.”
Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2428;

[b]The Prophet(saw) has mentioned the four sacred months as: Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and Rajab

Narrated Abu Bakra: The Prophet said. "The division of time has turned to its original form which was current when Allah created the Heavens and the Earths. The year is of twelve months, out of which[b] four months are sacred[/b]: Three are in succession Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and (the fourth is) Rajab of (the tribe of) Mudar which comes between Jumadi-ath-Thaniyah and Sha ban."
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 419: Bukhari
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by deols(f): 11:25am On May 28, 2012
subscribing..
Re: Fasting In All Days Of Rajab by miftaudeen(m): 11:51pm On May 15, 2013
Alhamdulillah we are in the month of rajab again,for those always fast for 30days therein with the intention that they are fasting rajab should take note and follow the prophet tradition.

(1) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Wearing Hijab / ENVY: Foundation Of Disbelieve/ Evil (kufr) / Incest And Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.