Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? (4074 Views)

UNICAL Has Lost 11 Professors Not 21 Within 7 Months - ASUU Chair / What's Wrong With This Photo ??? / (Quiz)Can You Spot What's Wrong With These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by Quitam: 11:34am On Feb 16, 2022
I have noticed the poor search on Facebook too. If you're looking for a post of just 3 years ago, you'll suffer before you find especially if you are a heavy poster
Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by wonlasewonimi: 11:38am On Feb 16, 2022
If you know the level of fines and penalties these tech behemoths pay as a result of privacy regulations you would understand why they had to take a step back.
Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by heniford2: 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
RoyalBoutique:
Nairaland search bar is the worst.

Have you ever tried searching from inside nairaland?

The search algorithm needs to be rewritten so that it can search whole strings first before searching part of the string.

Seun, take note.
seun is dull not creative so not possible na yoruba man him be undecided

1 Like

Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
heniford2:
seun is dull not creative so not possible na yoruba man him be undecided

You have a point there.
Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by Coldplay007(f): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Coldplay007:

Exactly.. it started during COvID.. google now censor every search.. there is an intentional effort to restrict your access to certain information concerning Vaccination adverse effect, or any information google thinks is coming from anti vaxxers... its even worse with youtube.
Re: Google Has Lost It!! What's Wrong with Google? by musicwriter(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2022
Finally, I discovered the exact problem. Google is censoring "Malcolm X"

Below is the said quotes I was talking about.

"When we see a black man who is constantly being praised by the Americans, begin to suspect him. When we see a black man get honors and all sorts of decorations and the United States flatters him with fine words and phrases, immediately suspect that person. Because our experience has taught us that the Americans do not exalt any black man that is really working for the benefit of the black man." ................ Malcolm X

"I’ve never seen a sincere white man, not when it comes to helping black people. Usually things like this are done by white people to benefit themselves. The white man’s primary interest is not to elevate the thinking of black people, or to waken black people, or white people either. The white man is interested in the black man only to the extent that the black man is of use to him."............. Malcolm X

If you search the quote without Malcolm X, it would appear on the first page. But if you include Malcolm X, it won't show up at least I couldn't find it on the first and second page.

I believe since the black lives matter movement, the US and Europe are censoring anything about black history. That's really what it's about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funaab 2016/17 Academic Calendar Update / I Need Engineering Mathematics. KA Stroud Pdf Softcopy / Nuhu Bamalli Poly Zaria -kaduna Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.