Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Handle FUND TRANSFER/DEPOSIT Transactions Professionally And Avoid Loss. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Handle FUND TRANSFER/DEPOSIT Transactions Professionally And Avoid Loss. (652 Views)

Welcome To Tradeenaira.com- Fund, Transfer & Exchange Eā‚¦aira Worldwide / CBN, MTN Near Deal Over $8.1bn Fund Transfer / CBN To Fine Banks For Failed Electronic Fund Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle FUND TRANSFER/DEPOSIT Transactions Professionally And Avoid Loss. by mosesaigbe(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
The most common, and off course, most pathetic case of losses I have heard and read about in Agency Banking Business are those arising directly from the carelessness, and professional negligence of Agents themselves. One of such is the issue of wrong transfer or excess deposit amounts, e.g,

Agent mistakenly transferred #35,000 instead of #3,500 to customers account.

The question is how do we handle this professionally to avoid loss? The answers are not far-fetched.

When customers come with cash to be deposited into their bank accounts or transfered to another beneficiary's account, be very careful! Do not rush to do such transactions: Follow these checklists:

1. Provide the customer with your deposit record book to write down the account details such as Account Number, Amount, Bank name, and Account Name or you can help them to write it down and ensure the account number is very correct.

You can quickly confirm the name but do not send yet.

2. You MUST See the cash, Collect the cash, Check the cash, Count the Cash, and Confirm the cash. Depending on the amount, if the amount is upto 20k, I must see the money first before even taking customer account details.

So you must be very sure the customer is with such cash!

No matter the haste and pressure, do not be quick to initiate deposit or transfer transactions without seeing, collecting, checking, counting, and confirming the money.

No bank Teller will post money for a customer without first seeing, collecting, checking for fake notes, and counting to confirm it is complete. So be professional too, you are a banker!

3. Depending on your wallet balance at the time, you can initiate the transaction after doing your due diligence on the money as stated in number two checklist above.

Note, if the amount is huge, just try to confirm the account name, tell the customer the name that pops up, at this point most of them will believe you have done the transaction and go their way. So you have more time to count the money and recount, and check for fake and very bad notes.

However, if the customer demand for receipt and you know your wallet is not bouyant enough for such transaction, kindly explain to them that you will do it soon that they may go. If they still insist, do it and cut out the response section of the receipt and give to them.

But ensure you do the transaction immediately you have such amount in your wallet or better still fund your wallet and do it. And ensure you keep the receipt in case the customer comes back. But they will not, provided they have seen the credit alert.

4. Watch out for Pending Deposit / Transfer Transactions: Agents must be familiar with their individual POS Machines and how they behave. For some terminals, a pending transaction may later turned out to be successful in the app.

While in some terminals, your wallet will have been debited for pending or failed transaction. Please never be too quick to redo pending or failed transfer transactions, always check your transaction history to see if successful, or if your wallet has been debited or not.

Wait for final status if pending, and wait for reversal of your debited fund before attempting the second time. What to do is, kindly inform the customer that the transaction is successful, print the receipt if demanded.

Most pending transactions may later become successful, so you must collect your cash, if it later fails and your fund is reversed, then redo it. That's how banks do.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

-No matter the pressure, always collect your money first!
-Customers will always come back if they don't receive the expected credit alert for the transfer.

-But if you are careless with pending transfers and customer receives double alerts, my dear "I don get alert Na God win" Na the song be that o! The customer may not come to your shop again ooo except those who fear God. Therefore, be wiser, be smarter, read and learn from experience.

Sorry for this long epistle, it's because I love you, and I am interested in your success! I hate loss, I hate fraud, I hate scam!

SOGshops Dotpay POS Cares !!

Attention !!

To grab your instant DOTPAY POS Android Terminal For Small Money .
07086-968-011

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What You Ought To Know Before Doing Business With Any Mlm Company. / I Am So Confused Of What To Do With My Life At The Moment / How Do You Make Payment - Accepted Credit Card(stripe) Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.