Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre (38995 Views)

Refined Dangote Fuel Now Expected In July / NNPCL Now Sells Petrol At N194/litre As Scarcity Bites Harder / 7 Days To Polls: PVC Now Sells For N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Bewiseedet(m): 9:51am On Feb 16, 2022
Lightorder:
Hope your head still works . Who brought mr bubu when he has already given up?
nah tinubu bring am back
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Bewiseedet(m): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2022
Ezmans:
so apc & buhari have won another award
As always; useless award.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by ufotunang: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2022
Buhari and he calls himself the minister of petroleum. Buhari just to bring hardship to the people...so that is why you all should be careful on the type of person you vote into power... negative change, negative next level... nawaoooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Lightorder: 12:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bewiseedet:
nah tinubu bring am back
No ! bewiseedet did
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by emonis88: 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
backbencher:
A funny thing on this thread are the GEJ supporters blaming Buhari for the scarcity.

Well, they are right. Buhari is responsible for the scarcity. But when we come to how he is responsible for the scarcity, that is where we differ.

Truth is, for a long time now, we have been refining petrol in substandard refinereis in Belgium and Holland because people want fuel cheap, and the refining costs N200-250 per liter. That enables government to keep subsidy costs as low as possible.

Meanwhile, if we refined fuel at home, it would cost money. Staff salaries, maintenance costs, upgrade costs, etc...means that the price of fuel would be 'according to the market'

For government to subsidse fuel refined at home , it would mean paying high subsides because the cost of production won't be low. (Niger refines fuel at home, and pays N350 at the pump, and they are an oil producer).

Not just Nigeria, most African countries refine fuel aborad. In the same place...because many African countries do not want to face the harsh reality of refining at home. Too too expensive.

We used to refine fuel at home...but in order to keep fuel prices cheap, we started a subsidy regime that forced the industry to operate at a loss, while the subsidy did little to cover their loss. Result...the refineries we had collapsed.

The problem has, and always has been, cheap fuel.

Government should remove the subsidy, and spend it on public transport. Meanwhile, the oil industry should be allowed to make a profit so that it can build standard refinereis with its own money...and maybe cut transport costs by building pipelines. And refine fuel at a standard rate.
Funny thing with ur opinion is that not all here blaming Buhari r GEJ supporters. Y is it that Nigerians hate d truth? This same Buhari n his cohorts lied to Nigerians to make them believe subsidy was a scam, ur suggestion was what GEJ was planning to do, but Tinubu, Buhari n the rest cried foul, n we Nigerians were with them, so u r going back to what they fought against back in 2013/2014. Pls who should we blame for d decite n the lies?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
emonis88:

Funny thing with ur opinion is that not all here blaming Buhari r GEJ supporters
For the record , I don't support either

Y is it that Nigerians hate d truth? This same Buhari n his cohorts lied to Nigerians to make them believe subsidy was a scam, ur suggestion was what GEJ was planning to do, but Tinubu, Buhari n the rest cried foul, n we Nigerians were with them, so u r going back to what they fought against back in 2013/2014. Pls who should we blame for d decite n the lies?

Considering I have supported subsidy removal since 2012, I wonder why you are attacking me?

Besides, it doesn't matter what we think...most Nigerians oppose subsidy removal. Even gej and buhari supporters
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by emonis88: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
backbencher:
For the record , I don't support either
U just clarified that
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Iceberg3: 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
What!!!!!
Same fuel I fuel I threw away yesterday after loading!!!! Threw away about 300 LTRs in a safe place at sea!!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by MrBachelor: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
RandyOku:
And some people are still pushing this PEE-POO's Ex-Governor and a drug Baron to be PRESIDENT oo

[b]AFFLICTION shall NOT RISE the SECOND TIME;[/b]D

Never.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 17, 2022
Ugonna62:
Where are those shameless yoruba cowards that frustrated goodluck govt.with unending protest,wole shoyinka,tunde bakare ,tinubu, akande,and many more hypocrits,come out from ur hiding holes ,this is the best time to stage ur elit protest,old fools,tomorrow they will come and start claiming sophistication,sophisticated old fools.
Those ones are elites hypocritical sophisticated bigots nah
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 17, 2022
osazsky:
so someone that cannot spell petroleum is heading petroleum ministry..thank God i escaped..God pls let fuel get to 10k per litre..let tinubu rule nigeria amen...i want to see nigerians suffer..i love them suffering and smilling...tinubu abeg ready ur 2k for election ground..give them and they will put thier lives on d line for u..pls God let one dollar be 50000 naira so that when i send money home d money go be billions
But the billions go still not buy much shaa
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by orisa37: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2022
And our Chief economist is in Brussel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by samfrancis1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
quentin06:
Some of these stories are false, 1000 naira a litre? Someone has an evil agenda here.
Bros e be like say you never reach the age to deh buy fuel, or where you live might not be experiencing same thing but here in Abuja, you can get for as much as 1k bros
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
samfrancis1:
Bros e be like say you never reach the age to deh buy fuel, or where you live might not be experiencing same thing but here in Abuja, you can get for as much as 1k bros

My friend in wise said its 165 only black market sells higher, e no reach 1k stop d panic, funny how people who don't own cars are the ones forming DPR on this forum.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by samfrancis1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2022
quentin06:

My friend in wise said its 165 only black market sells higher, e no reach 1k stop d panic, funny how people who don't own cars are the ones forming DPR on this forum.
But when you can’t get it for 165 in the right place what do you do, would you prefer to walk or get the black market?

OR
Would you remain on queue for days??
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 18, 2022
samfrancis1:
But when you can’t get it for 165 in the right place what do you do, would you prefer to walk or get the black market?

OR
Would you remain on queue for days??

But that's what you shud say, black market, and not filling stations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Frequently Asked Questions on The Released Chibok Girls / Faces/Remains Of Adamawa Female Bombers (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.