Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. (947 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2022
In my last thread I posted a simple project I did with MySQL and today I will sharing with you the dashboard I created with the same dataset.

Data visualization is an important aspect in data analysis. The goal of data visualization is to make it easier for us to understand trends and patterns in large datasets.

I use Power BI for most of my visualizations. But today I decided on Microsoft Excel instead.

1) After more cleaning and analysing of the dataset, I created this simple dashboard.

1 Like

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 12:53am On Feb 16, 2022
2) I also designed the Filters using Macro and VBA(visual basic for applications). And if you look closely the data is different from the one above.

2 Likes

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 12:55am On Feb 16, 2022
3) More Filters grin

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by digitite: 8:02am On Feb 16, 2022
I see that you are into Data Analysis. I am practicalising mine in Excel. I would love to be an expert in it. How do you rate yourself ? Basic or Intermediate or Expert ? Which Software's/Applications would you recommend for one to be an Expert ?

Kindly hit me up on Whatsapp, let's create a partnership. In case a project comes up.

1 Like

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by billagreen(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
You know if u jst drop the file (csv or xlsx) and the objectives of the analysis, sm1 could jst put hands on it and do the same as u perhaps it would be fun
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Come and tell.mw how to connect Mysql Workbench 8 to a remote (same LAN but different Linux server) Mariadb server. Been doing a DB refresher since I saw your last post and I've been compelled to go CLI or use Navicat.
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Come and tell.mw how to connect Mysql Workbench 8 to a remote (same LAN but different Linux server) Mariadb server. Been doing a DB refresher since I saw your last post and I've been compelled to go CLI or use Navicat.
You mean this?
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:
I think if it’s on the same system, then you will need to configure the MariaDB server to listen to all the IP addresses on the system to receive connections from a remote server and also change the bind-address too. Save it and restart your server. Run the “netstat” comman line to check for all the listening ports. It should be able to listen to all IP addresses from here

1 Like

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Simran94:

I think if it’s on the same system, then you will need to configure the MariaDB server to listen to all the IP addresses on the system to receive connections from a remote server and also change the bind-address too. Save it and restart your server. Run the “netstat” comman line to check for all the listening ports. It should be able to listen to all IP addresses from here

Done that and it doesn't work for Mysql Workbench. When I use a different frontend like Navicat Premium (my preferred DM frontend) in able to login. But using Mysql Workbench from the same system to the same server with the same the login details, Workbench fails to log in
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
Simran94:

You mean this?

Lol...you don't think I should sharpen my DB knowledge? grin
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Done that and it doesn't work for Mysql Workbench. When I use a different frontend like Navicat Premium (my preferred DM frontend) in able to login. But using Mysql Workbench from the same system to the same server with the same the login details, Workbench fails to log in
Are you using the latest version of MySQL workbench?
And are you getting any error message from the failed login?
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
Simran94:

Are you using the latest version of MySQL workbench?
And are you getting any error message from the failed login?

I am on the latest version workbench downloaded two days ago. No error message just one sound that indicates that the connection does not go through
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I am on the latest version workbench downloaded two days ago. No error message just one sound that indicates that the connection does not go through
Some issues like this are always from the my.ini file to cross-check the bind-address property or maybe you didn’t include the TCP of MySQL into the query.

Let’s wait for the OP if he can give a solution or you just try stackoverflow
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Simran94:

Some issues like this are always from the my.ini file to cross-check the bind-address property or maybe you didn’t include the TCP of MySQL into the query.

Let’s wait for the OP if he can give a solution or you just try stackoverflow

So I have a second GUI frontend that connects without issue to the remote Mariadb. But not Mysql. Yeah let's wait to see if the OP has any ideas. Thanks for the troubleshooting though

1 Like

Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I have a second GUI frontend that connects without issue to the remote Mariadb. But not Mysql. Yeah let's wait to see if the OP has any ideas. Thanks for the troubleshooting though
I can't really say. Never really had issues like this. Maybe it could be the user/password error. Have you tried resetting your Mysql/Mariadb root password. Coz that is what a friend did when he had issues connecting to postgre server from mysql. And it worked.
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Desammyst(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
jamerflepz:
3) More Filters grin
Which version of MS Excel did you use in creating this visualization?
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by temiyato(m): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2022
Ur visual is okay but needs little advice to make it better. Before i give u my little advice , am currently taking "google data analyst" on coursera , "fundamentals of data visualisation with tableau on coursera and other courses too.
1) top N shuldnt be visualized in RED . it is generally accepted that red should be used for LEAST N , loss etc
2) a pie chart should have better visualised " local address with top sales" since its in percentage or a simple bar chart would also be good compared to the area chart u used.
God bless us all sir
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
Desammyst:

Which version of MS Excel did you use in creating this visualization?
Excel 2019
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by jamerflepz(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
temiyato:
Ur visual is okay but needs little advice to make it better. Before i give u my little advice , am currently taking "google data analyst" on coursera , "fundamentals of data visualisation with tableau on coursera and other courses too.
1) top N shuldnt be visualized in RED . it is generally accepted that red should be used for LEAST N , loss etc
2) a pie chart should have better visualised " local address with top sales" since its in percentage or a simple bar chart would also be good compared to the area chart u used.
God bless us all sir
smiley Noted.
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by Bobmaintain: 2:28am On Feb 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:

If you have XAMPP installed on that system, then start MySQL on the XAMPP control panel. Same PID and port 3306 is being shared/used.
Re: Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel. by airsaylongcome: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2022
Bobmaintain:

If you have XAMPP installed on that systam, then start MySQL on the XAMPP control panel. Same PID and port 3306 is being shared/used.

So I'm running a Linux server. A super small one with only Mysql and openssh running on it. XAMPP doesn't fit my use case. But thanks for your advice all the same

(1) (Reply)

Visual Basic Foundation / Help On Opening A Mini Software Company / Samsung Mobile: Apps Developer's Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.