Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide (36146 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / See What Serena And Venus Williams Looked Like, When They Were Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Davenks:

Is that all you have to say to the grieving family? Do you know what’s on the young man’s saddle bag? Are you sure you can hang on much longer than he did? Sometimes it’s better to keep silence than speak as a fool.

Even yet suicide is still not the answer.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Davenks: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Blablamalala:

Even yet suicide is still not the answer.

Then what is the answer? What could you possibly tell the grieving family? You’re probably a teenager I guess who have seen nothing. If you have something encouraging to say to the grieving family or someone else here who may be struggling, then say it, rather than typing “suicide is not an option” like one of those foolish children.

Proverbs 17:28 “ Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.”
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Davenks:

Then what is the answer? What could you possibly tell the grieving family? You’re probably a teenager I guess who have seen nothing. If you have something encouraging to say to the grieving family or someone else here who may be struggling, then say it, rather than typing “suicide is not an option” like one of those foolish children.

Proverbs 17:28 “ Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.”

Now I understand. Even from your earlier post and very much with this one it's not difficult to decipher that you are go through some sort of difficulty. Please just don't consider taking your life as an option. Life is all about ups and down. Have courage please. Open up don't bottle up else it will make your frustration double. SUICIDE IS NEVER THE OPTION. Think about what you will make your family go through if you take your life before talking about what others should feel about your family, please.

What ever the problem please don't resort to taking your life. Alot of people are passing through thougher times. Stay strong!
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Davenks: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Blablamalala:

Now I understand. Even from your earlier post and very much with this one it's not difficult to decipher that you are go through some sort of difficulty. Please just don't consider taking your life as an option. Life is all about ups and down. Have courage please. Open up don't bottle up else it will make your frustration double. SUICIDE IS NEVER THE OPTION. Think about what you will make your family go through if you take your life before talking about what others should feel about your family, please.

What ever the problem please don't resort to taking your life. Alot of people are passing through thougher times. Stay strong!

I find your humour very interesting. By the grace of God, I have been able to be of help to people going through chronic depression. If the Lord has laid it in your heart to help them, then use some wisdom just as you did this time. Now you can counsel people. But please, don’t ever use that phrase you capitalised. It’s best to tell such people to hang in there and you will be praying for them. Remember to give thanks to God that you’re not in their shoes.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
Davenks:

I find your humour very interesting. By the grace of God, I have been able to be of help to people going through chronic depression. If the Lord has laid it in your heart to help them, then use some wisdom just as you did this time. Now you can counsel people. But please, don’t ever use that phrase you capitalised. It’s best to tell such people to hang in there and you will be praying for them. Remember to give thanks to God that you’re not in their shoes.

I don't understand what the bolded means please can you explain. Thank you.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Davenks: 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
Blablamalala:

I don't understand what the bolded means please can you explain. Thank you.

To “hang in” means to keep fighting and don’t give up. In other words, please stay alive and keep fighting. Trust me, it works. And when you tell them you’re praying for them, it stirs them up to keep fighting.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by nagalee(m): 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
uptownemmygee:
Small dick nah big Depression
I Dey tell you.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by nagalee(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
JayPeeOham:
So could we say, he died because there wasn't enough money for his treatment? undecided

Maybe money isn't the answer to all things after all lipsrsealed
money answereth all things. Money is the answer to all things, get that right.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
Davenks:

To “hang in” means to keep fighting and don’t give up. In other words, please stay alive and keep fighting. Trust me, it works. And when you tell them you’re praying for them, it stirs them up to keep fighting.

You mean you are as well not in support of someone killing he or herself? But why? Is it that there are better options like,

"Keep fighting.... don't give up....hand in there" than committing suicide?

SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION! so you agree with us.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by millionboi(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Solofresh2:
If that's how people commits sucide,then I should be long dead ago. embarassed
But am just very strong because Hmmm i have for once bought poison to end my life before but I think about my family.My mum, my siblings
I just weep till I drifted to sleep unknowingly
we're did you bought the poison?
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by gracealonev: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
I did that same week the petition was launched.
Saintmary:

Just join the petition to remove IELTS as a requirement.
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Davenks: 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Davenks:

Suicide

I’m not in support of people committing suicide and never will I be. One thing you need to understand is that suicide victims most of the time reach out, but the problem is the way people whom they reach out to respond. For instance, I saw a video clip of a young boy complaining to his parents that he’s gonna kill himself. Instead of the parents to just be there for him and help him out, the dad gave him a loaded gun to shoot himself. The boy grabbed the gun and put a bullet to his head.

When you say something like “suicide is not an option”, it makes them angry because you’re simply acting like you understand their life situation. The truth is that you don’t know what’s going on in their life and you will never know. They don’t expect you to understand what they are going through either. The best you can do is just be there for them. Don’t try to fix them. Just be of a helping hand. Just be a friend. Just be there for them.

Let me give you an illustration. Imagine a man whose wife just divorced and took all he has, including the children, and kick him out on the street. Friends and family stood with the wife’s decision, even though the man was innocent of the accusations. He got fired from his job. The man became homeless and suicidal. Now if you have never been through such a bad divorce, do you think you can help such a man? You already know the answer to that. Now if you encounter such a man, would you rather say something like “suicide is not an option” OR would you say something like “hey brother, I do not know what you’re going through. Please hang in there, I will be praying for you. If you need anything, please let me know.” Now, which of the two do you think will help the suicidal man? But if you approach this man and start acting like you have been in such a situation, such a man will start to avoid you. One day you will hear that he has ended his life. Now when such news appears on nairaland, people will make fun is the man or say something like “suicide is not an option.” Meanwhile if they were in the man’s shoes, they wouldn’t even hang in for long. They might even do worse by going on a killing spree. Now you see why I said you do not know what’s on the person’s saddle bag.

A comment which says SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPTION with respect to this topic of an already dead person?
Re: Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide by JayPeeOham: 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
nagalee:
money answereth all things. Money is the answer to all things, get that right.

Nope! I got that left not right cheesy

Why the money no go answer the sickness wey make the guy kill himself undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches / Spanish Tax Authority Gives Cristiano Ronaldo Reason To Leave Spain: / World Cup 2018: Messi And Argentine Team-mates Lands In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.