Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty (29172 Views)

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views / NIMASA Carrying Out Secret Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by maasoap(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kingpele:
Wow ,maybe it's the way u approach them. your temperament while interacting with them, I have learnt in life never to pass judgement just from one side of the story ,though u might be doing your job well, your choice of words are very important, when they told you about the person they want to see ,the best thing will be to contact the big man ,whatever he says will determine your next move and if your colleagues refused to come to your side during the early stage of the argument, it means to put it mildly u are not on the same page with them ,which means some character issues, for the fact that those boys succeeded to enter the estate after all you did, means u guys are incompetent, what if those boys were hired assassins, they would have carried out their mission even with your presence at the gate.u should work on your manner of approach, it will help u in future

Trash
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by maasoap(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
chatinent:
I was hoping to see “I did all I could and didn't let them in because they refused to I.D themselves and got sacked.”

It turned out that all your efforts were to no avail because they still got inside. If they were still outside and called the chairman, eh en, it could have been a different story.

If you are to carry orders, make sure you don't breech any part at all. Since they got inside, they could say anything! And guess what? You didn't call to inform the chairman what was happening as they entered. It's not about being rude or being polite; security guards have to be gallant and tough at night! It has zilch to do with politeness and rudeness.

Don't they give you guys guns as security?

Your chairman could justify his reason for sacking you on the basis that you allowed strange men into his house because of a little pressure and initial resistance.

I know you are pained but next time, learn the tricks of survival perfectly. Meanwhile, sorry for your predicament.
✌️

We just like to lay blames on the victims of oppression, lol. Nigerians!
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Angy55:

It could be human parts in that boot. Open boot no suppose cause fight.

Exactly, I feel his colleagues know about it that's why they didn't back him up.
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by TheiaTalks: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
yemite100:
Good day Nairalanders,

I work as a security officer in a community, I usually work from 7:00am - 3pm in a secondary school, and also resume night duty by 7pm in a community close to my house
The landlord association gave us a warning that we must check all cars coming in and going out of the estate and we have been performing our duties in a polite way..
About 11:35pm last night, we heard the horn of a strange car requesting that we should open the gate, I switch on my touch to check those inside the car, it was three abled young men and lady inside the car, in a polite way I ask them where they are heading to and they mentioned a popular rich man in the community, as usual, I told them to open the booth of there car which they refused to open, I told them to drive back to where they are coming from but before I could know what's happening,. They got down from the car and threathing to deal with us if the gate is not opened...they forced the gate open and drove inside the community,my colleague we're just watching the whole scenario as I drag issues with them...
I don't know the report they gave the chairman of the landlords association, they just got to our checkpoint this morning and told me I have been fired without paying me off, I told them I haven't done anything wrong and was just carrying out my duties,I was told never to come close to the area again or else I will be arrested.
I left there in annoyance, I was only carrying out my duties but now I have been Sacked for carrying out order...
I don't know what this country is turning to again...

Hey dear, you'll get a better job...alright? No pressure. kiss
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by Aaay: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
How
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by linconby: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Maybe God want shift evil that is coming your way.
God will give you another good and better job
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by Advancedman(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
yemite100:
Good day Nairalanders,

I work as a security officer in a community, I usually work from 7:00am - 3pm in a secondary school, and also resume night duty by 7pm in a community close to my house
The landlord association gave us a warning that we must check all cars coming in and going out of the estate and we have been performing our duties in a polite way..
About 11:35pm last night, we heard the horn of a strange car requesting that we should open the gate, I switch on my touch to check those inside the car, it was three abled young men and lady inside the car, in a polite way I ask them where they are heading to and they mentioned a popular rich man in the community, as usual, I told them to open the booth of there car which they refused to open, I told them to drive back to where they are coming from but before I could know what's happening,. They got down from the car and threathing to deal with us if the gate is not opened...they forced the gate open and drove inside the community,my colleague we're just watching the whole scenario as I drag issues with them...
I don't know the report they gave the chairman of the landlords association, they just got to our checkpoint this morning and told me I have been fired without paying me off, I told them I haven't done anything wrong and was just carrying out my duties,I was told never to come close to the area again or else I will be arrested.
I left there in annoyance, I was only carrying out my duties but now I have been Sacked for carrying out order...
I don't know what this country is turning to again...
Call them out properly.
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by slan87(m): 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
linearity:

This is an employer/employee hire & fire matter, how e take concern police na?

Hope say, you no dey also advise people wey employer no employ after interview to report the matter to the nearest police station, so that police go come call the company HR department make dem come explain as the matter go?

Peace
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by Halo22: 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nawaoooo.... The way people are being fired from their jobs these days, I wonder ooo. But then, there are some works I can't do no matter the amount involved. U see security work, I can't take the risk. What if those guys were gunmen, do you know he would have lost his life in the process of the argument or more Still, sustain serious injury.
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by HRMK: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2022
adebwalex:

Only him against three strangers while is colleague were just looking at him without assisting him to prevent the strangers forcing themselves in. The only mistake he did was for him not to have call his Employer and report the situation report immediately. That could have ease the employer decision. Well God knows the reason why he was sack. May be to take him to were he belong. Dont loose hope...
hmmm.....what any1 needs most to handle any situation is wisdom!that was what his partner applied by keeping cool!when ur sent an errand like a slave,u deliver such as a heir!!
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by adebwalex(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2022
HRMK:
hmmm.....what any1 needs most to handle any situation is wisdom!that was what his partner applied by keeping cool!when ur sent an errand like a slave,u deliver such as a heir!!

Oh really, So if those people he questions paraventure he didn't carry out what he was ask to do and grant them easily access and those people were latter found out to be an assassins, you wont post all this your parables ooo but you will insulted him for still not doing his job. I wonder her people Judge at times..
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by doverulez(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2022
They got down from the car and threathing to deal with us if the gate is not opened...they forced the gate open and drove inside the community,[color=#000099][/color]

it would have turned out differently if you stood your grounds and didn't allow them in. Next action would have been them contacting the rich man to send his emissary to the gate and allow them in that way you would have carried out your job to the last minute.

its well brother, just focus and you will be alright. Besides, who knows what the heaven have planned for you. Being there might hinder the goodness coming your way. Be positive buddy. it is well!!
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by Hassanmaye(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
7victor:
Don't worry, you would get something better than that.

Something like that happened to me when I was teaching in a private secondary school which was paying me N18,000.

The school proprietor said there should be no flogging and punishment of students.

We were trying to control the students without flogging, punishing or shouting on them and you know it is not easy.

One day, he came to my class and heard the students making noise.

Without warning, he went and brought sack letters to me and another teacher saying we cannot control our classes. He erroneously believed a teacher's presence should make all students quiet and that even when you are not beating or punishing them, they should all be quiet. But that was not the case in that school. Most of the classes that were quiet, the teachers there secretly beat or punished the students.

Although I started working in another school almost immediately after the sack, I made up my mind to go for further studies which I did.

The new school allowed us a little freedom to go outside the school and I used the opportunity to go for further studies.

I later resigned completely to face my studies.

Now, God has blessed me with a lecturing job and it's because of that sack because I would have still stayed there since the school doesn't allow you to go anywhere, not to talk of starting a Master degree

When last I went to the school, most of the teachers who were my colleagues are still there.
Please is it after your masters degree that you get the lecturing job? Can I get a lecturing job if I'm doing masters concurrently?
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by 7victor(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Please is it after your masters degree that you get the lecturing job? Can I get a lecturing job if I'm doing masters concurrently?

Yes, after the Masters degree I got the job.

There are many people who are lecturing while they are running their Masters or PhD.

So many of them are sponsored by tetfund and some are using their own money.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by smaze01: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
NATIONAL PROGRAMME OFFICER AT THE UNITED NATIONS OFFICE ON DRUGS AND CRIME
https://ngojobmag.com/national-programme-officer-at-the-united-nations-office-on-drugs-and-crime/

FOOD SECURITY OFFICER AT MERCY CORPS NIGERIA (4 OPENINGS)
https://ngojobmag.com/food-security-officer-at-mercy-corps-nigeria-4-openings/

SENIOR FOOD SECURITY OFFICER AT MERCY CORPS
https://ngojobmag.com/senior-food-security-officer-at-mercy-corps-2/

FOOD SECURITY OFFICER AT MERCY CORPS NIGERIA (4 OPENINGS)
https://ngojobmag.com/food-security-officer-at-mercy-corps-nigeria-4-openings/

HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR AT MEDECINS DU MONDE (MDM)
https://ngojobmag.com/human-resources-coordinator-at-medecins-du-monde-mdm/

PROCUREMENT OFFICER AT CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES (CRS)
https://ngojobmag.com/procurement-officer-at-catholic-relief-services-crs/

PROJECT OFFICER (CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER) AT GOALPRIME ORGANIZATION NIGERIA (GPON)
https://ngojobmag.com/project-officer-case-management-officer-at-goalprime-organization-nigeria-gpon/

VISIT https://ngojobmag.com FOR MORE UP TO DATE JOB POSTING
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by gstream: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2022
wonder233:
Look at this malu. I'm talking from experience. Go and help wash the dishes little child. Nor come here dey reply comments when you never do your home work

Smallie...I can relate...this is not Facebook..be reading before commenting...e go pay you well well
Re: I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty by HRMK: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
adebwalex:

Oh really, So if those people he questions paraventure he didn't carry out what he was ask to do and grant them easily access and those people were latter found out to be an assassins, you wont post all this your parables ooo but you will insulted him for still not doing his job. I wonder her people Judge at times..
yes,it is parable to u due ur level of undestanding!what an oldman sees while on his bed,the youths hardly see even on a tree!next time u dont agree with a comment,simply put in urs!we dont av to think alike!a septuagenarian grandpa wont think like a youth!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ptdf Overseas Scholarship Test Format/ Past Questions / The Job No One Wants In Nigeria: University Toilet Cleaners - Their Untold Story / How Much Does Opay POS Agent Make Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.