Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu (948 Views)

Elumelu Unruffled Despite Social Media Attacks / Monarch Urges Politicians Not To Drag Military Into Ethnic War / Atiku Media Attacks Lai Mohammed: 'You Are A High Priest Of Fake News' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by YellowMayor(m): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2022
A socio-political group, under the auspices of the Yoruba Ronu Group, has warned against involving in campaign of calumny ahead of the forthcoming 2023 elections.

Specifically, the group condemned some alleged sponsored online media attacks against one of the presidential aspirants and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.

The chairman of the group, Mr Diran Iyantan, in a statement, on Tuesday, said mischievous posts online had become a routine, alleging that the source of those publications is well known and traceable to certain misguided politicians and fake human rights crusaders.

Iyatan said, “We have repeatedly stated in our previous releases that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s ambition does not stop other Yoruba or any South-West person from aspiring to the same position. We just feel that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has a better chance than anyone else at clinching the position which is the reason for our support for him.

“It is, therefore, sad to see fellow Yoruba persons casting aspersions on the person of Jagaban for flying high the flag of the Yoruba race. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s interest after leaving office has been to help nurture and consolidate democracy in Nigeria. This, he has done, creditably, well. In addition, he has helped the progressives to attain the country’s presidency.

“We are aware that the stakes are high as the presidential election approaches, and desperate politicians will resort to different gimmicks, basically, to rock the boat. Those who have committed themselves to a sustained campaign of calumny in the media against the person of Asiwaju Tinubu, the former Governor of Lagos State, will labour in vain and they are well known to us.

“We are aware that these cowards and hack-writers have benefited from Asiwaju’s benevolence in the past, only to turn around and sponsor negative publications to impugn his reputation. We charge them to desist forthwith from such callousness because their duplicitous conduct will eventually hunt them down.”

The group urged politicians to promote their political party interest, to conduct themselves with maturity, dignity and mutual respect in the interest of the people of Yoruba-land and, by extension, Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/2023-group-urges-politicians-to-stop-media-attacks-against-tinubu/
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Baawaa(m): 7:54am On Feb 16, 2022
Iyatan said, “We have repeatedly stated in our previous releases that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s ambition does not stop other Yoruba or any South-West person from aspiring to the same position. We just feel that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has a better chance than anyone else at clinching the position which is the reason for our support for him.
Everybody is marketing is product

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Aufbauh(m): 7:58am On Feb 16, 2022
Any Nigerian qualified under the Constitution can contest for president. People should stop the emotional blackmail and promote their candidate. Blackmail is a tool of the weak.

Personally I have my reservation for Tinubu's candidature but that doesn't mean I should malign his person.
Continuous smear campaign against him might be counterproductive in the long run as some indecisive minds like me might turn up for him much later.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 7:59am On Feb 16, 2022
Hungry group

Hisses on them in every dialect of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Frigga13: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2022
grin

One question for Yoruba people..

Is it that no Yoruba man is allowed to aspire..or have ambition except Tinubu?

Are all Yoruba people eternal salves to Tinubu.. that once he help you or assist you in whatever way, forever the person souls automatically belongs to Tinubu?

We saw it with Ngige .. he’s igbo and igbos don’t worship humans

Aregbe .. a core loyalist that have rejected the eternal slave toga .. fighting to be free and ambitious..Tinubu slaves and worshipers are abusing him..
Osibanjo and the rest..
fashola , ambode , and lots of others ..

Guess that’s the President yoruba people are pushing for President of yorubaland.. Godforbid Nigeria.

A President that whoever criticizes,Yoruba will curse abuse insult and even kill..

I don’t understand this Yoruba people .. acting as slaves to Tinubu and same time .. being wives to the North..

Is all strange

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by incandescentena: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2022
Think twice

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 8:25am On Feb 16, 2022
Frigga13:
grin

One question for Yoruba people..

Is it that no Yoruba man is allowed to aspire..or have ambition except Tinubu?

Are all Yoruba people eternal salves to Tinubu.. that once he help you or assist you in whatever way, forever the person souls automatically belongs to Tinubu?

We saw it with Ngige .. he’s igbo and igbos don’t worship humans

Aregbe .. a core loyalist that have rejected the eternal slave toga .. fighting to be free and ambitious..Tinubu slaves and worshipers are abusing him..
Osibanjo and the rest..
fashola , ambode , and lots of others ..

Guess that’s the President yoruba people are pushing for President of yorubaland.. Godforbid Nigeria.

A President that whoever criticizes,Yoruba will curse abuse insult and even kill..

I don’t understand this Yoruba people .. acting as slaves to Tinubu and same time .. being wives to the North..

Is all strange

Most of them don settle to be slaves to Tinubu and his families for life

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Bestplug873: 8:26am On Feb 16, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by SirBlack999(m): 8:29am On Feb 16, 2022
Tinubu Oba nsị.

PEE POO'S president.
Importer exporter, cocaine. From Brooklyn to Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by AstralBody: 8:42am On Feb 16, 2022
The pee poos president!
Baba ti see be!
Ur urchins are standing on ur poo mandate.
gringringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by agulion: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2022
But members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims miscreants) who are Tinubu's attack dogs are insulting other people

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Godfullsam(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2022
When these yeebos begin to attack you online, just know that you are on your way to stardom. Same way they attacked buhari and called him all manner of unprintable names. Las Las, the daft from daura became the president.

I won't be surprised if Tinubu become the next president.

These jobless keyboard warriors don't even have a voters card.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Jack005(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2022
Aufbauh:
Any Nigerian qualified under the Constitution can contest for president. People should stop the emotional blackmail and promote their candidate. Blackmail is a tool of the weak.

Personally I have my reservation for Tinubu's candidature but that doesn't mean I should malign his person.
Continuous smear campaign against him might be counterproductive in the long run as some indecisive minds like me might turn up for him much later.
You turn up for him? Does it change anything? You have just a vote, everyone inclusive.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by CharlotteFlair: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2022
Aufbauh:

I hope his Yoruba people are reading you because, the writer accused fellow yorubas of being behind the unflattering exposures.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by CharlotteFlair: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2022
Godfullsam:
When these yeebos begin to attack you online, just know that you are on your way to stardom. Same way they attacked buhari and called him all manner of unprintable names. Las Las, the daft from daura became the president.

I won't be surprised if Tinubu become the next president.

These jobless keyboard warriors don't even have a voters card.
Shut your trap! You are actually bragging with a buhari presidency? Back when Jonathan was enduring every insults from you lots, nobody heard your counsel.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2022
ok did tinubu pee on his body or not?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Godfullsam(m): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Shut your trap! You are actually bragging with a buhari presidency? Back when Jonathan was enduring every insults from you lots, nobody heard your counsel.

I am not a fan of bubu presidency. Go an get your voters card instead of hiding behind your phone to talk trash.

If you guys continue to toe the path of cyber blackmail instead of voting the right candidate, you will surely pay for it.
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by CharlotteFlair: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2022
Godfullsam:

I am not a fan of bubu presidency. Go an get your voters card instead of hiding behind your phone to talk trash.

If you guys continue to toe the path of cyber blackmail instead of voting the right candidate, you will surely pay for it.

When did your vote actually started counting?
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Chimezirim121: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 10:15am On Feb 16, 2022
If una no dey pained why not speak for your candidate and stop complaining.

Na the same Yoruba Muslims una dey market una product too, no new person is buying
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Minime10(f): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2022
YellowMayor:

https://punchng.com/2023-group-urges-politicians-to-stop-media-attacks-against-tinubu/

This group must be 98% high on Abba kyari's kind of coke.
Where were this unfortunate and jobless gang when tilumbu was media attacking Jonathan in 2014, did the heavens falled
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by Godfullsam(m): 11:08am On Feb 16, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
When did your vote actually started counting?

This is how you people will continue to shout 'Our Vote Don't Count' blah blah blah and continue to allow these bastards rule Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Group Urges Politicians To Stop Media Attacks Against Tinubu by CharlotteFlair: 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
Godfullsam:

This is how you people will continue to shout 'Our Vote Don't Count' blah blah blah and continue to allow these bastards rule Nigeria.
When did your votes start to count is the question?

(1) (Reply)

APC Convention: Don’t Destroy Our Party, Integrity Group Tells Amaechi, El-rufai / Umahi Drops Presidential Ambition; To Contest Ebonyi South Senatorial Seat / Throwback When APC Were Being Put Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.