Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On (2216 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread / See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos / 4 Things To Do To Your Smartphone If Does Not Power On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Dozzyalive: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2022
Good morning buddies.
I need urgent assistance concerning my Redmi 8 sudden shut down and inability to come up. The spec is 4GB, 64GB.
I bought the phone December 2019 and l must confess that it served its purpose till December 2021.
On three occasions in the month of December 2021, it switched off on its own which I usually bring on by pressing power button and volume down key together for some seconds.
Fast forward to 10th February 2022, I just woke up to find it switched off, I tried to power it by the above method but it was unresponsive. Later I took it to phone technician, after some couple of minutes, the phone came on and worked till yesterday when it switched off again. Till now, the phone is still switched off.
What is the solution to this??. I need urgent response. Thank you so much.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by lanre316: 8:47am On Feb 16, 2022
It seems redmi phones after the 7-series are problematic after about two years or am I missing something. Complaints here and there of redmi phones suddenly packing up. We don't hear of this for Redmi 7 series phones and below .

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Sacred007: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2022
redmi this redmi that. .
go and buy infinix and have rest!

1 Like

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by lanre316: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2022
Sacred007:
redmi this redmi that. .

go and buy infinix and have rest!

Transsion products are worse. I will suggest Samsung. Buy peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Dozzyalive: 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Transsion products are worse. I will suggest Samsung. Buy peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Dozzyalive: 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
Looking at buying Samsung Galaxy A22.
lanre316:

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by RubiesBanking: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
lanre316:
It seems redmi phones after the 7-series are problematic after about two years or am I missing something. Complaints here and there of redmi phones suddenly packing up. We don't hear of this for Redmi 7 series phones and below .

You're actually correct, my battery got disconnected despite the back is glued to the phone, I had to submit it to Raya care. Now I'm experiencing different problems like volume button pressing itself, screen display light changing frequently.
Honestly waiting for the phone to finally shut down before I get done with it.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by constance500: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Dozzyalive:
Good morning buddies.
I need urgent assistance concerning my Redmi 8 sudden shut down and inability to come up. The spec is 4GB, 64GB.
I bought the phone December 2019 and l must confess that it served its purpose till December 2021.
On three occasions in the month of December 2021, it switched off on its own which I usually bring on by pressing power button and volume down key together for some seconds.
Fast forward to 10th February 2022, I just woke up to find it switched off, I tried to power it by the above method but it was unresponsive. Later I took it to phone technician, after some couple of minutes, the phone came on and worked till yesterday when it switched off again. Till now, the phone is still switched off.

Bad battery... Take it to an engineer
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by agadam(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
lanre316:
my redmi 7 giving same issue but i changed the battery like all most 3 times before it became better embarassed
I am thinking phone are progammed to last for a durattion of time and then it start developing one problem to another cry

1 Like

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by tarantino1: 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
You dey talk of two years.

Useless redmi 9c wey I buy, 2 weeks, phone off, refused to come on, and the useless Raya engineers told me to come with 10K to fix it.

I'll never use any redmi product again and I'll advice people not to use them either. Shitty brand and shitty customer service.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by lanre316: 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
agadam:

my redmi 7 giving same issue but i changed the battery like all most 3 times before it became better embarassed
I am thinking phone are progammed to last for a durattion of time and then it start developing one problem to another cry

Hmm. That may be true.

But I'm currently using a Samsung s9 plus. My brother used it for about two years before giving it to me last year. I'm still enjoying it no issues at all. I had used Samsung A30 since 2019 before selling it off, no issues whatsoever. I think the problem is these cheap Chinese phones. They use inferior materials. Their price is cheap but they don't last long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Danmboss(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Forget the Hype about Redmi phone na small difference them get with transition,
That's y I go for the unusual Sammy or OnePlus t.

5 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by henrygold100: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Dozzyalive:
Good morning buddies.
the same thing happened to me back den. Check my posts, you will see them. I don comot my hand for anything redmi or Xiomi.. if e no be iPhone or Samsung I no de buy.

4 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by alphaNomega: 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
agadam:

Planned obsolescence, Apple is a king of this scam and most Chinese Android phones are following

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Meister(m): 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
henrygold100:
the same thing happened to me back den. Check my posts, you will see them. I don comot my hand for anything redmi or Xiomi.. if e no be iPhone or Samsung I no de buy.

You're looking for 45k phone come dey mention Samsung and iphone, ndi mmadu sef.

Dozzyalive:
Good morning buddies.

Just change your battery

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by KallmemrB0: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
My redmi 8 is very much alive... Since October 2019
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Superboss: 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
Probably the battery is bad.
I have used the same Redmi 8 for more than 2yrs without any issues.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by agadam(m): 7:55am On Feb 17, 2022
alphaNomega:

Planned obsolescence, Apple is a king of this scam and most Chinese Android phones are following
They are very good android phones that will give you value as well as apple does undecided
Like I said most mid range phone are program to last for a period of time so that you will keep on patronising the latest modern grin

1 Like

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by alphaNomega: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2022
agadam:

They are very good android phones that will give you value as well as apple does undecided
Like I said most mid range phone are program to last for a period of time so that you will keep on patronising the latest modern grin
MODEL
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by agadam(m): 9:10am On Feb 17, 2022
alphaNomega:

MODEL
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Shuregirl: 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
lanre316:
especially the Redmi 9. They need to do something
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by uthlaw: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
I de plan buy this redmi oooo...make I move enter Samsung!

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by henrygold100: 6:45am On Feb 18, 2022
Meister:

You're looking for 45k phone come dey mention Samsung and iphone, ndi mmadu sef.

Just change your battery
ok as for the 45k phone, I no wan de use button phone do call again. I wan de use small android. Thank you
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by d3cod3r(m): 6:54am On Feb 18, 2022
henrygold100:
ok as for the 45k phone, I no wan de use button phone do call again. I wan de use small android. Thank you
Button phones are actually good for calls. Go for original nokia feature phones. A bit costly but you won't regret it.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by AREWAELENU: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2022
D phone done dey request for a successor nah u no one give am grin
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Freelancerx: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
are you agreeing that this xiaomi is bad?
lanre316:

Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by lagusboyyy(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
lanre316:

Hmm. That may be true.

But I'm currently using a Samsung s9 plus. My brother used it for about two years before giving it to me last year. I'm still enjoying it no issues at all. I had used Samsung A30 since 2019 before selling it off, no issues whatsoever. I think the problem is these cheap Chinese phones. They use inferior materials. Their price is cheap but they don't last long.
You are spot on.

If you buy a quality product, you will enjoy it, once a phone is produced with quality materials, it will last.

The phone I'm currently using to type this post, is a Nokia Android bought in 2018,by march 3,it will be four years old.

And it has never given me any problem, its body is still intact like new, i only changed the battery twice.

I have a Nokia Symbian phone currently still active, it was bought in the year 2006.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Eyanbahose: 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Dozzyalive:
Good morning buddies.
Al these kinds of phones don't last at all
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Eyanbahose: 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
uthlaw:
I de plan buy this redmi oooo...make I move enter Samsung!
you fit even try Tecno camon series cos if you're not buying a big money Samsung, you might not enjoy the phone.
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by uthlaw: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Eyanbahose:
you fit even try Tecno camon series cos if you're not buying a big money Samsung, you might not enjoy the phone.
like d one for 100k?
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by Eyanbahose: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
uthlaw:
like d one for 100k?
do you mean 100k for a Samsung phone?
Re: Redmi 8 Sudden Shut Down: Unable To Power On by uthlaw: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
Eyanbahose:
do you mean 100k for a Samsung phone?
yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help With My Innjoo Max 2 / Airtel Data Massive Deduction / A User Review Of The Infinix Hot 6 Pro (3+32)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.