Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution (2413 Views)

What Kids Did When Dad Told Them He Didn't Have Money To Buy Them Juice (Pix) / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
I have a friend that didn't contribute financially to my wedding ceremony, He didn't even attend perhaps because the wedding was in another state, can't tell. I know this guy has money because he is my colleague and we are on the same pay grade Not as though I was expecting anything from anybody as I could chest all the bills, but it came to my consciousness when he sent me his wedding IV and asked for financial assistance. In my mind I was guy na happy married life you tell me, expect same.

Honestly, when you see friends supporting each other in events, some could be first time while others are sort of returned favours, so if you don't do for somebody, don't even expect people to do for you.

Has this happened to you before? share your experience.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by chatinent: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Uncle, personally, I am nice to people who are nice to me. I am not a motigbotional speaker. I serve everyone a taste of their own soup without being rude. I am not ready to be the only friend who makes things work because sometimes you have to intentionally disappoint people so they don't take your bond with them for tomfoolery.

Baba, mehn, you could have told me this early naw, I just sent some money to my sis in school and to my mom. The next salary has also been budgeted for. God will see you through, I promise.”

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by YeyeGbami: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2022
If you can afford to help, do it. Una still get many celebrations ahead.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Fairandlovely(f): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
Let bygone be bygone cos no one knwz 2mao,,help him in anyway u can just 2 prove dat u're more matured than him
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Blackbelly(m): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
As they say, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Whether you choose to give or not, do so with conviction and a clear conscience.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Mariangeles(f): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Did you ask him for financial assistance during your own wedding planning and he refused to help?
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by ibechris(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Do not give him.

Same happened to me.

And when theirs came,I blanked them all.

Nigerians like preaching forgiveness but they are the most wicked set of people in their families and offices.

Good people in public.
Waste not your money.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mariangeles:
Did you ask him for financial assistance during your own wedding planning and he refused to help?
I didn't ask him, same way I didn't ask those that helped.

9 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Acidosis(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nigerians and their fake owanbe love cheesy

If they give and you don't give back, problem. If they upload your birthday photoshoot and you don't, wahala. Peace of mind is very very key in this life sha.

@op, I'm yet to see where or how he asked for money.

2 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Fairandlovely:
Let bygone be bygone cos no one knwz 2mao,,help him in anyway u can just 2 prove dat u're more matured than him
Touching comment I must admit, but I'm not that nice.

2 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
If you have, then assist him.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by socialmediaman: 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
OP It happens every day. Did you ask for financial contribution when you wedded and he didn't contribute? or this came up because he's asking? What you do in response is up to you. Most people will return the favor, not only because of tit for tat but because they'll feel cheated. Again, it's up to you.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
Acidosis:

Nigerians and their fake owanbe love cheesy

If they give and you don't give back, problem. If they upload your birthday photoshoot and you don't, wahala. Peace of mind is very very key in this life sha.

@op, I'm yet to see where or how he asked for money.
He asked after sending the IV

1 Like

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Mariangeles(f): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viruses:

I didn't ask him, same way I didn't ask those that helped.

I don’t think your friend is the one with the problem. sad
I don’t think your friend will make it a big deal if you don’t contribute to his wedding.
I don’t think the wedding will be put on hold if you don’t contribute.
I think your contribution will be much appreciated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by donbachi(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Some friends no get head.i lost my dad before a friend lost his own dad.he was in same town and never attended.but,kept malice with me for not attending that of his dad.

I taught him a lesson he wont forget in a hurry.

10 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Sterope(f): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lol.
Mariangeles:

I don’t think your friend will make it a big deal if you don’t contribute to his wedding.

1 Like

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by MufasaLion: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

You have said it all!

Imagine the pettiness! Disgusting!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
socialmediaman:
OP It happens every day. Did you ask for financial contribution when you wedded and he didn't contribute? or this came up because he's asking? What you do in response is up to you. Most people will return the favor, not only because of tit for tat but because they'll feel cheated. Again, it's up to you.
I didn't ask him and I didn't take it to heart. It just occurred to me when he asked and was even asking me my travelling plans to the wedding because he is wedding in another state as well.

4 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

You have said it all!

Imagine the pettiness! Disgusting!
Don't take it too personal na.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by bigcee(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
donbachi:
Some friends no get head.i lost my dad before a friend lost his own dad.he was in same town and never attended.but,kept malice with me for not attending that of his dad.

Lol, no time oh.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hard truth is, your contribution doesn't matter. Wedding will still hold.

1 Like

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Richy4(m): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
Wedding ceremony is not a life threatening situation...

Hence, If I was to be in your situation, I will apply the common law of nature that states... "As the left hand washes the right hand, the right hand in turn washes the left hand... '

What u cultivate during planting season is what u will harvest...

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by LordIsaac(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
Let no one blackmail you into helping someone who has no mind of helping others. Share the money's worth you'd have given him to the homeless on the street and God will bless you. He doesn't deserve it. Surround yourself with people who can come through for you in times of need as such times will come, and be ready to be helpful to such people too. Any other sermon beside this is mere hypocrisy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Richy4:
Wedding ceremony is not a life threatening situation...

Hence, If I was to be in your situation, I will apply the common law of nature that states... "As the left hand washes the right hand, the right hand in turn washes the left hand... '

What u cultivate during planting season is what u will harvest...

Do you mean he is reaping what he sowed?
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Richy4(m): 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viruses:

Do you mean he is reaping what he sowed?

He cultivated nothing and so he can't reap anything... cheesy
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Richy4:

He cultivated nothing and so he can't reap anything... cheesy
Fair enough.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by greenmonk: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
donbachi:

I had the same experience.
A friend did not call or attend my mother's funeral because I didn't call him. I took no offence but when he brought up the excuse of not having heard about it I knew he was lying.
I simply paid him back when he lost his father because he didn't call me. Some actions needed to be replicated to be given their true identity.

1 Like

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Truvelisback(m): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viruses:
I have a friend that didn't contribute financially to my wedding ceremony, He didn't even attend perhaps because the wedding was in another state, can't tell. I know this guy has money because he is my colleague and we are on the same pay grade Not as though I was expecting anything from anybody as I could chest all the bills, but it came to my consciousness when he sent me his wedding IV and asked for financial assistance. In my mind I was guy na happy married life you tell me, expect same.

Honestly, when you see friends supporting each other in events, some could be first time while others are sort of returned favours, so if you don't do for somebody, don't even expect people to do for you.

Has this happened to you before? share your experience.
B4 u start judging him, did u ask him for assistance for ur wedding?
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
B4 u start judging him, did u ask him for assistance for ur wedding?
Like I already mentioned, I didn't ask him, just the same way I didn't ask those that helped.
But seriously if your close friend is getting married, will you not assist him financially just because he has not asked even if you have the money. Just like saying you won't contribute to buying gift item for a colleague who is getting married because he or she has not come out to say "you people should buy me gift item".

If that is the case you shouldn't bother anybody with contribution since nobody bothered you.

2 Likes

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Truvelisback(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viruses:

Like I already mentioned, I didn't ask him, just the same way I didn't ask those that helped.
But seriously if your close friend is getting married, will you not assist him financially just because he has not asked even if you have the money. Just like saying you won't contribute to buying gift item for a colleague who is getting married because he or she has not come out to say "you people should buy me gift item".

If that is the case you shouldn't bother anybody with contribution since nobody bothered you.
I would assist him if there is need for that. Note: Not everyone likes this financial support of a thing.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Whois(m): 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
LordIsaac:
Let no one blackmail you into helping someone who has no mind of helping others. Share the money's worth you'd have given him to the homeless on the street and God will bless you. He doesn't deserve it. Surround yourself with people who can come through for you in times of need as such times will come, and be ready to be helpful to such people too. Any other sermon beside this is mere hypocrisy.

You nailed it, a friend indeed should be a friend in needs and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Kingsasian(m): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
I see no big deal in this wedding contribution of a thing. I don't know where it is written that friends must or should make contributions towards the wedding ceremony of a friend. Na you wan marry then why must you expect contribution from people aside family members? It's just like saying you want to build a house and you dey expect your friends to make contributions towards that for you. If you want to give please give if you don't want to, then there is no need to whine about it. With or without your contributions the wedding will still take place just as yours did.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex Asked To See Our Children And I Refused Please Help / Nigerians In The Diaspora: Please Im Not Rich! / Exquisite Wedding Invitation Cards In Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.