Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution (2410 Views)

What Kids Did When Dad Told Them He Didn't Have Money To Buy Them Juice (Pix) / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Smile4mee01: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
Sometimes I think we go over and beyond for a wedding ceremony.

Why should one ask for financial assistance to get married. I still believe ppl can marry under a budget

Stop creating enemies because you want to get married. And if the bride is not happy about it, she is free to leave.

Isnt it clear that it's not by how big or small your wedding is? To think that some of the marriage issues we hear in the news had elaborate wedding.

Had anyone noticed that after most wedding, the event planners, photographer, Caterer , event owner are the richer, they keep selling thier services as mandatory. Smh

@op : if u can, give him what you can. If you dont tell him. Life goes on
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kingsasian:
I see no big deal in this wedding contribution of a thing. I don't know where it is written that friends must or should make contributions towards the wedding ceremony of a friend. Na you wan marry then why must you expect contribution from people aside family members? It's just like saying you want to build a house and you dey expect your friends to make contributions towards that for you. If you want to give please give if you don't want to, then there is no need to whine about it. With or without your contributions the wedding will still take place just as yours did.

The wedding will of course still take place. My point is he shouldn't be asking if he is not giving.
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Fairandlovely(f): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viruses:

Touching comment I must admit, but I'm not that nice.
ohhhhhkkkk oh
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Vonwolf(m): 2:25am On Feb 17, 2022
Viruses:
I have a friend that didn't contribute financially to my wedding ceremony, He didn't even attend perhaps because the wedding was in another state, can't tell. I know this guy has money because he is my colleague and we are on the same pay grade Not as though I was expecting anything from anybody as I could chest all the bills, but it came to my consciousness when he sent me his wedding IV and asked for financial assistance. In my mind I was guy na happy married life you tell me, expect same.

Honestly, when you see friends supporting each other in events, some could be first time while others are sort of returned favours, so if you don't do for somebody, don't even expect people to do for you.

Has this happened to you before? share your experience.

Guy, you really don't need to ask for people's opinions on social media before you take some steps you're comfortable with. I had a similar experience, a friend of mine based abroad used to call me regularly for almost every little issue, advise and normal gist, when i lost my dad some years back, to be honest i don't remember if he called to commiserate with me, as well he never gave a dime as a support and I'm not the type that will ask. Unfortunately, he lost his dad recently and was calling from abroad... how i will accompany him to the village upon his arrival for the burial. I told him straight, guy, you know how busy i am and won't be able to attend, I'm sorry. Then he wanted to pick offence and i had to remind him that guy, i lost mine before you and still can't remember your input during mine and it didn't affect our relationship so chill. Do what your mind tells you to do. You get to a certain stage in life, you now realize you actually don't need crowd.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Nobody: 3:51am On Feb 17, 2022
Re: He Didn't Contribute For My Wedding But Wants My Contribution by Viruses: 5:23am On Aug 05, 2022
Vonwolf:

Guy, you really don't need to ask for people's opinions on social media before you take some steps you're comfortable with. I had a similar experience, a friend of mine based abroad used to call me regularly for almost every little issue, advise and normal gist, when i lost my dad some years back, to be honest i don't remember if he called to commiserate with me, as well he never gave a dime as a support and I'm not the type that will ask. Unfortunately, he lost his dad recently and was calling from abroad... how i will accompany him to the village upon his arrival for the burial. I told him straight, guy, you know how busy i am and won't be able to attend, I'm sorry. Then he wanted to pick offence and i had to remind him that guy, i lost mine before you and still can't remember your input during mine and it didn't affect our relationship so chill. Do what your mind tells you to do. You get to a certain stage in life, you now realize you actually don't need crowd.
Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Animal Is This? (pic) / What Reasons Made You Marry Your Husband/wife? / My Dad Is The Father Of My Son’—16-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.